• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT railroads lots

Started by Mrqs, June 14, 2009, 12:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrqs

Hi,

I don't know is this the right place, but I will try.
I' making my own lots (for railroads mostly). I use an SFBT lots like the "parent" for my ones. The SFBT lots are "passangers Car siding". And I have the trouble.
The trouble is that when I save my reworked lot, I can find it in the menu just in place of SFBT original lot (which disappear). My lot has german text and so on. Of course in the plugin folder there are both - SFBT and mine.

My question is: how can I make my own railroad (park) lots from the scratch? Or what and where have I to change?

Nardo69

Strange. Most of my work in the LE is adapting railway lots to my cities and I never had that problem ...  ()what()

When you save do you "Save" or "Save as"? In the letter the LE produces a new file with new IDs that should appear together with the original lot.
However if you choose "Save" the saved lot will have the same IDs as the old lot. Thus simcity only loads the last loaded version of the lot depending on th eplace where the lots are saved.

Mrqs

Quote from: Nardo69 on June 14, 2009, 12:18:53 PM
Strange. Most of my work in the LE is adapting railway lots to my cities and I never had that problem ...  ()what()

When you save do you "Save" or "Save as"? In the letter the LE produces a new file with new IDs that should appear together with the original lot.
However if you choose "Save" the saved lot will have the same IDs as the old lot. Thus simcity only loads the last loaded version of the lot depending on th eplace where the lots are saved.

The problem is I always "save as". And I have no that problem when I'm making my lot with a building. But this lot have no building (I don't know it has any matter). The same thing is when I work with the park lots without building. (Some lots have "phantom" buildings, but they required road access). I need the lot without the road access.

Andreas

As Bernhard said, if you use "Save as", you should find your lot in the menu as well. Also, if you don't have a German version of the game, the menu description should be English. It is "normal", however, that your new lots keep the original menu description, this is because the Lot Editor can't change the LTEXT files that are associated to the lot. You will have to edit those with the Reader, SC4Tool or LEProp. Since the SFBT lots are based on park lots, and were modded to show up in the railway menu later, it might be possible that the LE is messing with the occupant groups. In this case, this would have to be corrected with the Reader as well.
Andreas

Mrqs

Quote from: Andreas on June 14, 2009, 01:07:31 PM
As Bernhard said, if you use "Save as", you should find your lot in the menu as well. Also, if you don't have a German version of the game, the menu description should be English. It is "normal", however, that your new lots keep the original menu description, this is because the Lot Editor can't change the LTEXT files that are associated to the lot. You will have to edit those with the Reader, SC4Tool or LEProp. Since the SFBT lots are based on park lots, and were modded to show up in the railway menu later, it might be possible that the LE is messing with the occupant groups. In this case, this would have to be corrected with the Reader as well.

Ok, thank you for answer. I feel my english is too bad to clearly tell you what I mean. Can you tell me where in Reader or SC4Tool I have to look for this changes? Where can I change the park lot to appear in the rail menu? I promise not to ask questions any more  ()stsfd()

Andreas

I suggest to use the Reader - it looks complicated at the beginning, but the advantage is that you see the "raw" properties in text form, so it's easier to compare the different files. Open two instances of the Reader with the original SFBT lot and your new lot and compare the properties in the building exemplar file carefully. The menu position is defined by the "occupant group" property, so look there first. In order to change the menu text, you,'ll have to edit the IDs of the "User Visible Name Key" and "Item Description Key" (their instance IDs are usually the same as the ID of your building exemplar file instance ID), and of course you need to change (match) the instance IDs of the LTEXT files as well.
Andreas

Mrqs

Thank you. I will try it tomorrow  :)

Hmm.. I've opened the two Readers and the lots. While in the SFBT_Abstellgleis 3x1 Lot there are the 4 Ltext files, in my own (semafor) there is any. So I copied (paste and copy) the two LTEXT files and changed its inside text. But I completely don't know how to change the instance to match the new User Visible Name Key. Or where to match them.