• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

I think I'm definitely done for now with the FARHW-4. Now to get back to work on the ERTM for RHW v4.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Blue Lightning

Daniel: Looking good with the FARHW stuff! :thumbsup:
Alex: I do agree with the people before about the dashing. Around here we have a lovely whirlstack with left hand exit and entrance. They use dashed white.

Anyways.

Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

j-dub

Hmmmmm, a narrower shoulder, not a safe one car lane wide. However the texture looks like it has been improved more realistically.

zakuten

Definitely that Oregon sure is weird; I've never seen a rest stop given an exit number before... :D
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

woodb3kmaster

It's not just Oregon that gives rest stops exit numbers. Caltrans does it too, as the following picture of CV Kane Rest Area on I-15 shows:

Getting back on topic: I've mentioned it before, Vince, but that Flexfly ramp is terrific! I really look forward to using it (and any 45-degree variant you might make) in reconstructing my interchanges. That RHW-8C with overhanging textures looks super, too.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Will RHW have better transition to Maxis Highways in the next releases?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Tarkus

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on October 28, 2009, 04:42:38 PM
Will RHW have better transition to Maxis Highways in the next releases?

There aren't any plans to do anything with the Maxis Highway transitions for the next release right now.

-Alex

SimNation

Liking that smooth curve elevated MIS overpass..very nice. Cannot wait til when I can offically replace all maxis highways with RHW. Keep up the good work fellas.

Bluemoose

loving the flyovers and ESPECIALLY loving the FA-MIS/RHW...
absolutely groundbbreaking...
Keep it up!!  :thumbsup:

darraghf

Shadow Assasin: Are those farhw just textures or are they fully pathed?
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

dragonshardz

I think I can answer this one. The FARHW is fully pathed, what SA is doing is changing the textures from American ones (specifically Oregon DOT) to generic European ones.

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on October 31, 2009, 05:07:07 PM
I think I can answer this one. The FARHW is fully pathed, what SA is doing is changing the textures from American ones (specifically Oregon DOT) to generic European ones.

Actually, those FARHW pieces shown there are all SA's work--modding, textures, etc.  As such, they were originally done with the Euro textures, and there aren't any American/Oregon DOT textures for them yet, which will happen closer to release.  (Which, as always, has no specific date.)

-Alex

barrera_marquez

I have a question people... this may look like a dumb question but please, I really don't know the answer:

How do I use the draggable MIS ramps? In my case, dragging them does not help...

Thanks.

Tarkus

Drag the RHW network tool out from the ends of the starter pieces.  I'd check out some of the tutorial videos by asteconn (linked up in the first "sticky post" of this thread) for more details.  Sometimes seeing a visual can help.

If it's still not working, you've got a conflicting RUL-bound transit mod sitting in your Plugins conflicting with your NAM installation. 

-Alex

barrera_marquez

I searched for it in YouTube and checked out the tutorials but haven't seen any tutorials in YouTube that deals with that...

Tarkus

Quote from: barrera_marquez on October 31, 2009, 11:26:35 PM
I searched for it in YouTube and checked out the tutorials but haven't seen any tutorials in YouTube that deals with that...

Try hereHaljackey just playlisted them a few minutes ago.  (Thanks, Hal!)

The first in the series can be found here

-Alex

barrera_marquez

Thanks.

I checked them but none of them demonstrated on how to build ramps on the MIS and RHW.

By the way, I am talking about the ramps as a transition from ground RHW into elevated RHW just like ground-to-elevated highway transition.

Update:

Never mind. I found the puzzle pieces. It appears that I am looking at the wrong place after all. Thanks again.