• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on September 15, 2011, 10:53:57 AM
It's here at long last!  RealHighway Version 5.0 has been released!

Once again I have to say thank you to you and the entire team for your devoted, hard work on this project. The NAM is the best mod for SC4, and when coupled with the RHW, it's like icing on the cake! (Or ice cream on pie, if that's your thing. :P)

Great work guys.
-Ryan (Haljackey)

io_bg

Quote from: Haljackey on September 15, 2011, 02:12:21 PMThe NAM is the best mod for SC4, and when coupled with the RHW, it's like icing on the cake!
Don't forget the NWM, too $%#Ninj2 ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

apeguy

YES!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thankyou to all the NAM team for their constant work towards making this game better! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Exla357

westamastaflash

Just an absolutely wonderful job! I got so excited I told my wife, who then said "I guess I won't be seeing you for awhile"  :D

bthersh

First of all, thanks to all on the NAM team for this update.  I'm thoroughly enjoying it!  I do think I may have found a bug - this is part of an interchange I had built in v4.1.  Part of the ramp is missing textures (though it is pathed, as you can see).  I did try destroying and rebuilding it...with the same results.

Again, thanks so much to you all for all your hard work!

- Brian

Exla357

Hey guys!

I have a problem...

For whatever reason the ghost image you get of a puzzle piece before you plop it isn't appearing for me. Nor are the "under construction" segments of the RHW. I use an HD 4250. Is my GPU the problem? I'll be upgrading to a GTX 460 soon.

Tarkus

Quote from: bthersh on September 15, 2011, 05:13:27 PM
this is part of an interchange I had built in v4.1.  Part of the ramp is missing textures (though it is pathed, as you can see).  I did try destroying and rebuilding it...with the same results.

Darn 0x5DE96100 and 0x5DE97100--they like to go wandering. ::)  I've attached them below, which should fix your issue.

-Alex

bthersh

drjumbajookiba

First of all Thanks NAM team For all the hard work You guys Have put in the RHW 5.0 and NAM 30

Second I have a little problem With the New Network ,they aren't Showing on the menu  &apls :)
Live Out loud For God

skyhigh

Hey guys, great work on the release  &apls

I have a problem with the ERHW-4 over ave type A TuLEP SPUI:

Might have to install it again, can't find the DDRHW  ()what()

jdenm8

Install NAM 30.

You shouldn't even be able to select that piece as we removed the tab loop entries that linked to it.

Also don't forget to install the RHW 4.1 legacy file, as the old style SPUI won't work at all without it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Gamma4815

Quote from: skyhigh on September 15, 2011, 08:42:31 PM
Hey guys, great work on the release  &apls

I have a problem with the ERHW-4 over ave type A TuLEP SPUI:

Might have to install it again, can't find the DDRHW  ()what()

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 15, 2011, 08:47:40 PM
Install NAM 30.

You shouldn't even be able to select that piece as we removed the tab loop entries that linked to it.

Also don't forget to install the RHW 4.1 legacy file, as the old style SPUI won't work at all without it.

As jdenm8 says, that old SPUI piece is no longer a part of RHW as of RHW 5.0  You must still have RHW 4.1 files. Did you uninstall the old version correctly? This might also be the reason that you can't find the DDRHW-4. Try uninstalling the old NAM and RHW and re-install NAM 30 and RHW 5.0.

jdenm8

Actually, RHW v5.0 can be installed directly over RHW v4.1 with little issue (I installed it straight on top of RHW 5.0 RC2 which is installed on top of back to RHW 5.0a7 I think.)

I think it's more that he hasn't installed NAM 30 and that he hasn't got the RHW 4.1 compatibility file (one of the first options in the installer).

Tarkus

I designed the installer for Version 5.0 such that it'll delete or overwrite any Version 4.0/4.1 files--everything should be a snap on that front.

-Alex

Original

Is it possible to have a full 90 degree curve with the 6C using the FARHW transition pieces to a diagonal and vice versa to complete the curve?

If so, I cannot find the middle diagonal piece for the 6C. Lemme know if this was possible of not :)

, Kohtem

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Original on September 15, 2011, 09:11:43 PM
Is it possible to have a full 90 degree curve with the 6C using the FARHW transition pieces to a diagonal and vice versa to complete the curve?

It's quite possible, but you need to make sure the diagonal 6C is long enough to sustain the override.

There aren't any sort of diagonal 6C fillers in this release.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 15, 2011, 09:23:38 PM
There aren't any sort of diagonal 6C fillers in this release.

And we will be fixing that in the next RHW.

skyhigh

Thanks for the responses, I did everything you said, uninstalled the NAM, RHW and NWM, took out the SAM and RAM and other files corresponding with NAM stuff, deleted the Network Addon Mod folder, and then did a complete re-install, without putting the folder I took out back in. But I still get the same problem. :( I will hassle shadow assassin when he comes online.

jondor

Quote from: skyhigh on September 15, 2011, 10:04:41 PM
Thanks for the responses, I did everything you said, uninstalled the NAM, RHW and NWM, took out the SAM and RAM and other files corresponding with NAM stuff, deleted the Network Addon Mod folder, and then did a complete re-install, without putting the folder I took out back in. But I still get the same problem. :( I will hassle shadow assassin when he comes online.

If you can still place the old SPUI and can't find the DDRHW-4 starter after a fresh install, that can only mean you have an old controller running around.  Which means you need to head to this thread and have a read through the instructions: Searching for NAM Controllers in Conflict

I almost forgot, there's a way to check in game now.  Scroll to the bottom of your Highway menu and mouse over the new NAM icon.  If it does not read Version: r132 (14 September 2011) then you have an old controller lying around which you'll need to find and trash.  If it does, then you have some RUL files hiding in a file other than a NAM controller.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.