• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcluvzgamez

I don't know how to post a picture, but I can say this, I am trying to make a half diamond. When I ended the MIS onto the Avenue, half the intersection was missing (no texture). So I figured I could just transfer it to OWR. That is when the transition broke. (again, no texture). So I came up with a workaround. Have an MIS to RHW-4 trans. and convert it to OWR. That is what worked. I am having so many bugs its not even funny. Random missing textures, RTL plugin not working, so having to plop TuLEPS at every road intersection, which is very tedious. Still looking great, just needs a little work

-JC
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

samerton

Quote from: wschmrdr on March 02, 2013, 07:19:35 AM
Was the download link disabled? I'm on the site and am not able to download it. Hopefully it doesn't have some OS detector, because I use WINE to play...

You can download it from here if you're logged into the LEX: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=851

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 02, 2013, 07:20:07 AM
I don't know how to post a picture

You can take a screenshot by pressing 'Print Screen', then paste it into Paint or any other image editing software. Save that image, and upload it to http://majhost.com or http://imageshack.us , then give us the link to the image from there :)

jdenm8

I don't know how to post a picture, but I can say this, I am trying to make a half diamond. When I ended the MIS onto the Avenue, half the intersection was missing (no texture).

Thanks, now we know exactly which one it is and have added it to the list.

Random missing textures,

Could we please have examples?

RTL plugin not working, so having to plop TuLEPS at every road intersection

Ah yes... That's a new feature that hasn't been documented properly.
Plop a 1x1 square of Heavy Rail on the intersection tile and the turning lanes will be drawn.

This was largely a code simplification measure so that it's easier to make the NWM networks.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

firefighter57

Anyone else have double icons in their highway menus?  For some reason I have a duplicate icons for a lot of the RHW stuff.   

jcluvzgamez

Like when trying to cross an straight L-1 MIS ramp over a diagonal RHW-6C the texture came up blank. But other times it worked. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And on one of the FAR pieces, the new FAR-MIS curve to FAR-MIS, kinda like a smooth jughandle curve, says "###Intersection Placement String Missing###". It also keeps freezing my game. I never had freezes before now they are constant. Load times or 5x longer. I just don't know whats up.
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

samerton

Quote from: firefighter57 on March 02, 2013, 07:25:20 AM
Anyone else have double icons in their highway menus?  For some reason I have a duplicate icons for a lot of the RHW stuff.   
Ensure you have no duplicate files inside your Plugins/Network Addon Mod folder.

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 02, 2013, 07:34:11 AM
And on one of the FAR pieces, the new FAR-MIS curve to FAR-MIS, kinda like a smooth jughandle curve, says "###Intersection Placement String Missing###".
There may be a few of these "## Intersection.." descriptions, if you notice any more, please let us know. The piece should work correctly, however.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 02, 2013, 07:34:11 AM
Like when trying to cross an straight L-1 MIS ramp over a diagonal RHW-6C the texture came up blank. But other times it worked. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Found it and confirmed.

It's a RULing bug, meaning it's a bug that can't be fixed without updating the Controller.

Everything else sounds like a missing path/texture/model/string bug, which can be fixed by just adding the missing stuff.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

mike3775

How does the override system work?  Every time I try to go from an L0 to L2 RHW-10 this is what I get

I used the proper transition and drug it all the way through, and for some reason, it never connects properly

jcluvzgamez

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Swordmaster

Quote from: mike3775 on March 02, 2013, 07:53:51 AM
How does the override system work?  Every time I try to go from an L0 to L2 RHW-10 this is what I get

I used the proper transition and drug it all the way through, and for some reason, it never connects properly

The L1 version works properly. Apparently code for L2 didn't make it in on time.

Cheers
Willy

mike3775

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 02, 2013, 08:17:00 AM
Quote from: mike3775 on March 02, 2013, 07:53:51 AM

The L1 version works properly. Apparently code for L2 didn't make it in on time.

Cheers
Willy

Thanks.  I never attempted L1 but will now.

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: mike3775 on March 02, 2013, 09:25:14 AM

The FLEX Transition pieces are designed to work like this: you plop one FLEX piece, and then place the two-tile starter next to it, and then the one-tile transition becomes a two-tile transition. I haven't tried the on-slope pieces yet, but I think your method is incorrect.

samerton

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on March 02, 2013, 10:22:20 AM
The FLEX Transition pieces are designed to work like this: you plop one FLEX piece, and then place the two-tile starter next to it, and then the one-tile transition becomes a two-tile transition. I haven't tried the on-slope pieces yet, but I think your method is incorrect.

Nope, you must place two FLEX Transitions side by side for dual tile networks.

Swordmaster

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on March 02, 2013, 10:22:20 AM
Quote from: mike3775 on March 02, 2013, 09:25:14 AM

Actually, FlexTransitions (and FlexRamps) are designed to work without starters at both ends. They should take the override along with them. This functionality is not present yet, though.

Mike's method was correct, it works perfect for L1.

Cheers
Willy

Patricius Maximus

Thanks for the info, Swordmaster. Meanwhile, here's some eyecandy - a fully-functional three-level Semi-Directional T. I'm really loving the RHW 8S F2 ramp:

And although the bugs that have been noted are a bummer, I fully understand and support the decision to release it as soon as was possible, since there is so much functionality that is working just fine. I'll certainly be looking forward to the "NAM 31 updates".

epicblunder

NAM team: just wanted to say I'm loving all the new toys, especially the FARs, L0-Flexfly, and new RHW bridges.   ;D 
Thanks a ton for all your hard work.   :thumbsup:   &apls   &apls   &apls   &apls   &apls

pierrebaptiste

Where it's possible to find the tunnel for RHW please in new nam menu ?  &mmm

Thansk for help  :thumbsup:

Kuewr665

Quote from: pierrebaptiste on March 02, 2013, 03:25:57 PM
Where it's possible to find the tunnel for RHW please in new nam menu ?  &mmm

Thansk for help  :thumbsup:

Quote from: strucka on March 02, 2013, 03:31:30 PM
There are no tunnels for the RHW system!

Please read FAQ #8 on the first post on the first page of this thread.

Speaking of the first page, it could use some updating.