• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

choco's attempts at BATing bridges

Started by choco, June 03, 2008, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choco

Driftmaster07: in thinking about it a minute, it'll make sense.  the wide RHW networks cannot be made with the RHW tool because 2 bridges cannot be built side by side.....there must be a tile in between.  so, we have to use another network that can make 2-tile wide bridges....which leaves Ave, HWY, and GHWY.  the GHWY (and HWY, i guess) network has a capacity similar to the wide RHW's (as io_bg described), so that is the network we have decided to use. 

this leaves the connection.....but the RHW8 bridge wont be connected to the Maxis highway.  it'll be connected to RHW8, as will each respective bridge of each respective RHW.  this is in the skillful hands of other NAMites, as I haven't learned to use the any RULs beyond the bridge RULs. 

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

gardenwong

Hope to see more cable bridge for heavy rail :thumbsup:
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

choco

^ i almost forgot i had some rail bridges in the works....may have to speak with some RAM members about that.... ;D

more than a year old:

GLR:

these may actually work given that i've learned quite a bit since these were modeled.  :thumbsup:

Fresh Prince of SC4D

El. RHW-4 brigdes? I got a toothache from all the sweetness!  :thumbsup:
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Gaston

Absolutely love both the rail bridges.    Hope they become available soon.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

choco

so, after toiling many extra, needless hours modding on an old laptop.....i finally got an upgarde with a bit of power now.   :P  export times have vastly improved....

....which allowed me to get this model re-worked.....

sithlrd98

Been checking out the new stuff...love them! And this is no exception...can't wait to try it out..of course since I have not been using the RHW until the last few days , I'm still learning!(Yeah , I know how pathetic it sounds , I've been more of a road/ave guy..hence the mods for those.) I have a lot to learn getting used to it!

Jayson

choco

and the rest of my contributions to the RHW project.....work here is done for the most part, with some minor things to correct here and there (actually, a fairly old pic....) 

time to get back to GLR and RAM; although, i have a couple other things in mind for RHW as well..... ;)

carkid1998

Do you know something we don't? I see a RHW-3! ()stsfd()
Sendona... Coming soon!

rooker1

I think your bridges are looking bettter and better every time you do another.  These are coming out looking phenomenal!!
&apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

choco

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on July 28, 2009, 08:49:37 AM
Why? How are we gonna connect the RHW 8 to a Maxis Highway?

solution?  just drag the RHW tool into it....no need for puzzle pieces.  ;D

Nexis4Jersey

Cool,But i'm still confused on how this is going to work ()what()

choco

no problem, i think pics may be easier to see it.....the setup is most important.  the starter pieces do not have to be this close to work, as this is simply a demonstration.

bulldoze the GHWY back till only one tile is left.  this tile must be left or the bridge will be destroyed.

drag from the starter into the GWHY tile.

the override is dependent on the network that intersects the GHWY tile.  RHW4, RHW8, and RHW10 bridges will most likely funtion this way.

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

woodb3kmaster

That's brilliant! Nice work, choco! (I'm sure the members of the RHW team also deserve some credit - props to them too!)

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

choco

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on August 14, 2009, 03:36:27 PM
I'm sure the members of the RHW team also deserve some credit - props to them too!

certainly!  i just kinda built upon the work of the others..  im still not really sure how it works though.... :)

so while things are winding down a bit, i've found a couple other files that needed the dust blown off. 

hopefully, i can properly address the needs of these models now.  ;D

Leodido

Your bridges are amazing :) Great work.

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

SimNation

Fantastic work you these bridges so far choco....espically the RHW ones since it will obviously add tons more functionality to the RHW across city tiles