• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

I perfectly agree with Robin . Impressive work on one hand , a bit too clean and cold on the other hand . As well as his advices , I would say maybe less concrete texture ( larger grass areas ) and less uniformity for trees , particularly for autumnal views like these ones .
Very classy , unusual and inspirational nonetheless . A picture from Kelis is always immediately identifiable ( is there a better praise ?  :P ).

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

namspopof

Your modern district is perfect ! I like your work on LE.  ::)
STRATEGIUM ALLIANCE
The French site for strategic simulation in real time, member of French associative network Jeux-Stratégie.com
My BAT for SC4
ToutSimCitiesFrench site for SC4.

carlfatal

Outstanding presentation of modern buildings! Like Arthur said i like the way You´ve placed the buildings, to fund them on the canals. Great, great, great!  &apls
I will come back and i have to apologize that i never said a word here before...  &mmm
Greetz, Carl

rambuckel

I can just can subscribe to what was already said: Great presentation of modern buildings and a presentation that's much different from other presentations.

But going through scenes like these that I've seen in reality (Hamburg Harbour City for example) I do not think that your scenes are too clean. Especially as you dropped those fallen leaves under the autumn trees. Those scenes I remember were all still very tidy as most of those ensembles are not very old. And the concrete texture fits perfectly. I think one cannot those sort of scenes any better: http://www.millionenstaedte.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/hafencity.jpg ... But just my humble opinion =)

I'm looking waiting impatiently for your next series of pictures :)

Theresa

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Ol.S / Benoit

Unique and amazing work as always ! :)
I just think you should upload larger pictures if you can, 700px is so small !
Anyway, very inspiring  :thumbsup:
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Yan077

Awesome ! Just awesome.

As Cedric said, your pictures are always immediately identifiable and this is hallmark of most talentuous players.  &apls  &apls

Looking forward to more...

Connor

I've only just come across this MD but I'm so glad that I've seen it. I've looked at each update and your pictures are truly magnificent. Looking forward to more...  :thumbsup:

RaTheGreat

Love your MD, it's simply amazing. I gotta say it perfectly resembles cities the Netherlands, with the greatest of details. By the way, what canal set are you using? :D

mgarcia

Hi Kelis,  wonderful work.  I didn't know you had another diary here.  As always - your city skills are superb - you always excel at detail. 

btw, whatever happened to the DB Building I saw on one of your threads and your website Kelis Designs.

kelis

# Sixth update ~ Volem - The First view ||

• • Volem is a town of 20,000 inhabitants located on the coast of the region of Bassen. It is known for its beautiful homes and its clean and quiet streets. Today we will see the first of the several updates that focus on Volem

• The architecture is typically Dutch •

• Finally our first day in Volem is coming to an end, winter is cold in Holland, is better to be in these beautiful houses  :P

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

noahclem -
Thanks my friend, as always it is a pleasure  :)

Dantes - Thanks my friend. I'm still loving your work with Totori  :)

rooker1 - Really thanks for your constructive comment. Yeah, I know, you've got reason... it's true, some parkings are out of the view, anyway I need more life, more people and maybe I need put more people around the offices and some parked cars, maybe with these things I can give some life to the zone, but don't forget, this is Netherlands and the winter always is really cold, the people must be in their homes  $%Grinno$% Once again, thank you for your great comment, as always it is a pleasure  :)

art128 - Thanks Arthur, well Its inspired in Rotterdam...but even in others cities from Netherlands you can see water near of the buildings, I really like that...when I was in Rotterdam the last september I saw many interesting buildings, if you want you can search some picture, Rotterdam is an amazing city. Thank amigo  :thumbsup:

Kergelen - Muchas Gracias compañero !! Thanks for your kind comment mate !!

Badsim - Hi Cedric, [ No matter if I call you Cedric ? ] You can call me Jonathan  :), yes, of course, advices from Robin always are welcome, the same happen with you. Okay in the next lots I will try to do a better lots with more life, and also I will work with more differents textures. Thanks for your words and thanks for your visit  :)

namspopof - Thanks nams !! Can you see your props in my region ? I just can say a BIG THANKS for all of them, your props are perfect, thanks once again !!

carlfatal - No problem friend, you are welcome, your words always are a pleasure. Thanks for your comment !

rambuckel - Hello Theresa, the first I want to say that I love your MD, it is very interesting.
Okay, thanks for your comment and yes, you've got reason, but I like those trees, I know is not perfect and is not  realistic but I love those trees and I like how I can see the dead leaves, I just want to show the winter sensation with the leaves because I like how looks Holland in autum with all those dead leaves. Thanks !

Ol.S / Benoit - Hi my friend, OK in the future update I will try to put a bigger images, thanks for the advice !

Yan077 - WOW, Amazing words my friend, I just can say thank !! I really love and respect your work, for that reason your words are very important, so thank once again Yan.

Connor - Thanks for your comment mate, I hope to see you once again for here  :thumbsup:

RaTheGreat - Thanks mate, I'm using a canal set created by moonlight, a great japanese batter. Thanks !

mgarcia - Thanks for your comment Garcia. The DB tower from Berlin ? It's a private bat created by a friend,
is not available sorry. Thanks for your comment, I hope to see you once again for here  :)

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Once again the comments were kind, as always I want to say thanks for every comment and for every view and visit. I hope you like it the new update and I hope you can enjoy it.

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

nbvc

Great work, also on the previous update with the canals. &apls

rambuckel

This is pretty close to photorealism :) Watching those brilliant pictures you can really feel the relaxed atmosphere ...  &apls &apls &apls

Theresa
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

art128

Excellent update Jonathan! That town, woaw! I can't even place words to describe it!

Also, yeap, i've already seen some of Rotterdam's building, and some of them really interested me. I wish I was able to travel to Rott'dam to take bunch of pictures... aaaah!

Take care,

-Arthur. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Framly

What a nice update!  &apls

I love this dutch feeling you create..awesome!

Keep up your work!

It's always great to watch your pictures :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

FrankU

Hi Jonathan,

Very nice work! Good houses and nice streets. You have a good streetside mod. Nice lots and very ghood atmosphere.

I have some criticism too: the Cityhall by Haarlemmergold is a bit too small I see now. It is a beautiful BAT, but in comparison with the surrounding Meurdoos houses it is a tiny thing on that square. It is not something you can do a lot about, unless you want to shrink all Meurdoos models and relot his lots. They are larger than the Haarlemmergold ones.

Makes me think what to do. I was planning a Dutch Reward replacement of the Maxis city hall with this model....

And another thing: I hope the village is not at the real coast. We have winter storms here, and tides... This kind of shore can be found next to a smaller lake, but not to the sea or the IJsselmeer. We have dikes and/or dunes there! Please protect the ciy well! Thank you.

Frank

Dantes

The many bicyclists convince me. Your MD demonstrates the Netherlands.  :P You have built with great attention to detail is a beautiful city.  :thumbsup: I am very impressed with the feeling while looking at your pictures.
The last picture with the narrow space and the little church I like very much. :)  I hope soon to see a more typical Dutch trailer park.  :satisfied:
W2w your art is outstanding.  :o Respect.  :thumbsup:

mgarcia

Hi Jonathan,
Its a crying shame that such a wonderful bat is not available - :'( :( &cry2 LOL (I'm being melodramatic here).  I was kinda hoping that it would be available someday on your website.

Your city is beautiful by the way... I will keep an eye on it.  It is one of only two dairies that have moved me to post on them. 

G'day.

noahclem

Volem looks beautiful!  &apls &apls  I especially like the beach and the first picture in particular  :thumbsup: I look forward to seeing more of the area!

bat

Great fifth and sixth update! The town is beautiful, also nice work on the canal... :thumbsup: