• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Wildcat Junction

Started by Jmouse, October 10, 2007, 02:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Replies

Since there were a few questions, I decided to post replies a little ahead of schedule.

Alex (Tarkus): Glad you like the campus. :) I got the idea from Woodworks University by woodb3kmaster
All I wanted was a few extra buildings to expand a city college campus, though, so I just picked out a few I liked and put them on smaller lots.
Yes, I do like the retaining walls now that I've kinda' figured out how to use them, but may change the color (see Paul's (paroch) suggestion below.)
And I'm especially glad to hear you're hooking up your external HD. :thumbsup: I have a handful of flash drives so I back up my region and "new plugins folder" daily, and everything I can get on a DVD every three to four weeks.

nedalezz: I appreciate your kind words. :)
Other than mildly-edited versions of the Maxis university, I haven't seen much in the way of grad schools. Too bad.

tooheys: Thank you, kind sir! ;)
At the moment, I'm not sure if I love the LE or hate it! Getting started – getting organized and finding what you need -- takes the patience of a saint, and I still have far to go. Still, it's nice to see something other than Maxis' pink paths, and it's fun to put elements together in a unique way.
You do have a creative and artistic streak in you whether you know it or not, so I hope you'll give the LE a try sometime.

Schulmanator: Thanks for stopping by, and as you might guess, the chapel is open 24/7! ::)

bat: Glad you stopped by, and especially happy to hear you like the town. :)

threestooges: You are right about the stadium, and you're not alone in noticing that "advertising stretch" flaw. Like functional universities, American football stadiums are hard to find, though. Either they are enormous or look like little high school facilities. This one simply fit the size requirements so I used it.
And I didn't create it BTW. It's the City Us Football Stadium by rockytron789
And the "ground-water corruption" was just an expression of frustration over corrupted files! &mmm

Pat: Come on, my dear, surely you know I was just kiddin' around! :P Here at SC4D, I know we don't laugh at each other or run each other down – we're friends helping friends! I do think some frustration over corrupted files and the time element did show, but it's nothing but a grouchy old lady fussing at her run of bad luck! :bomb:

Paul (paroch): Hillside Mall is still in tact on the south side of the river – the college is on the north side (which was not explained in the last update &ops).
What with the holidays and a couple of weeks working with LE, I haven't clicked on the "GO" button in nearly a month. So I don't wonder that you're a bit lost – I am, too!
I'm glad you like the campus extras, but for now they're just decorations. Hopefully I'll find time to learn some of the finer points of LE now.
And a big thanks for the link. I haven't tried them out yet, but will do so soon. I hope they'll work on street "banjos!"
I addressed the "stretched" field in the response to threestooges right above.
The tennis courts are in the Fenced In Recreation [pack] by disk_error
And I've decided to work on those walls, too.

Meanwhile, Meridian is getting a little facelift -- a few nips and tucks here and there -- but it shouldn't take too long.

Until next time...
Joan

paroch

Thanks for the linkie Joan.  Downloaded and just merged into my plug-ins.

Looking forward to the next installment......

Jmouse

I have asked thundercrack to store WJ in the Inactive Area for the time being.
Following a RL issue which has consumed much of my time lately, I suffered a computer crash last night -- literally -- during a wind storm here in NE Arkansas. News story.
Had I not been momentarily away from the area which houses my computer, I might not be around to send this message, but I'll worry about that tomorrow, Scarlet!
Tonight I'm "borrowing" my laptop which my daughter uses for schoolwork. Within a few days, my son-in-law will be able to revive one of my old computers which will enable me to get online, but it is not powerful enough to run the game.
I do appreciate the loyalty and patience all of you have shown, and the suggestions you have offered. You have helped me learn how push a little harder -- to dig beneath the surface and find creative instincts I didn't know existed.

Until next time...
Joan

Tarkus

Joan, I'm quite sad to hear about WJ going inactive, and about your computer, but more importantly, I'm relieved to hear you're okay.  From what I saw from that news story, it looked like a pretty rough one.  I hope everything else is alright.

This is a great MD you've got here, and thank you so much for sharing it.  I know I've learned quite a bit from it, and I hope to see you back at it soon.   :)

Best,
Alex

Pat

JOoooooooooooooooooooooooooan NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :'( :'( :'( :'( WJ is by far my best MD to come to and watch you grow and learn, Please I beg of you dont loose us at all.... My prayers are out to you Joan and thanking god that you had steped away when you did... Take it easy my friend and at least you can stay connected to the community....

Your Northwoods Friend

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Wind is truly something when it gets going like that. When I lived in Reno, I saw a few trees snapped in half... not little things either, big 6ft thick pine trees. I am glad to hear that you made it through the storm in one piece (if not necessarily with all computers in still in one piece)...if ever there was an incentive to get away from the computer, I'd say it happened at the right time. I hope that everyone is fine, and that things clean up quickly to get back as close to normal as they can. We may have helped you learn to push harder, but you are the one who has done the pushing. WJ will certainly be here when you're ready to get back to it, and we will be here when you are ready for it too (but don't be a stranger to the site in the interim if you have the time). Hope all goes well.
-Matt

tooheys

Wildcat Junction, yes we love it, but at the moment its not important. 

Joan, knowing you and your family are OK, that is the only thing I need to know.

You certainly have some RLS ('scuse the French) to deal with, but rest assured, when you make a return
to the MD stage, we will be here to greet you.

Wishing you all the best

Dave

paroch

Joan,

From time to time an MD'er posts a message saying that they've had a crash/bug/problem that prevents them from doing regular updates, or has changed their plans (myself included).  And whilst we all feel sympathy when we hear it, no-one is/was in danger or suffered real life loss.  Well, you've out done us all ;)

Seriously, I'm relieved that you and your family are all well and in tact.  I hope you've not suffered too much property damage, and if you have I keep my fingers crossed that all can be fixed and replaced.

As for SC4 in general and Wildcat Junction in particular - it will wait til a time when your physical wellbeing and surroundings allow you to "kick off your boots and play a while".  Until then, take care, be lucky and keep us updated from time to time.  You've got a group of people here who will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

With Regards,

Paul

thundercrack83

Hello, Joan!

As I said to you in your PM, I'm quite saddened to hear this news, my friend. As per request, I'll be moving Wildcat Junction to the Inactive MDs on Sunday.

We all look forward to its return!

Take care and good luck, my friend!

Dustin

FrankU

Yes, I hope you will be all right and in the meantime I will wait and maybe even kick off my own boots and play awhile....

Wish you all the best. ()flower()

sebes

Joan - realy sorry to read about your problems. This MD should  indeed be the last thing to worry about...  I am glad that you and your loved ones are OK.

This MD will one day probably be as well. Until than, be sure that you can count on your friends here.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Ennedi

Hello Joan,

I didn't know about these sad news because of my temporary absence.
Quote from: sebes on February 22, 2008, 02:27:16 AM
Joan - realy sorry to read about your problems. This MD should  indeed be the last thing to worry about...  I am glad that you and your loved ones are OK.
I can only repeat what sebes said. Every of us have various RL issues - better or worse - but the key is to have some distance to everything. The most important thig is that everything ended good.
As for your fantastic MD and all SC4 activity - in fact everything we create in our computers and then show to others is an occasion to meet friends and share our experiences and feelings with them. So don't worry about the break, everything what we experienced visiting your MD is still alive, and I'm sure we will have much more occasions to meet at SC4D, and maybe to continue the Wildcat Junction, or maybe to built something new?  :thumbsup:

Best regards
Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine