• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Shaping Invermere Valley - Update 42 1/11/08

Started by jimmymac, June 11, 2007, 08:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure he's ground them down to his gums by now :P (sorry, Bernhard)

I recently discovered those condo's myself, they are good looking buildings.

Nicely planned and good use of the GLR :)

Cheers

Dave

dedgren

Congratulations!

Shaping Invermere Valley...pains taken in design and detail are always apparent...

The Staff
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

QuoteShaping Invermere Valley...pains taken in design and detail are always apparent...

The Staff

LoL david nailed that on the head here Jimmy... " pains taken in design " great Job and
a even bigger congrats on the award - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Nardo69

@Dave: I DID read it ... stored and indexed ... so be warned ...   %BUd%

@Jimmy: Hope you don't mind me posting here, too. Dave had his shock some time ago ..  ;D
Good work with these condos. That GLR corssing is OK - Trams are part of street traffic and can stop way earlier ... AFAIK some nice GLR Stations are in work for the tramway within the avenue. Most Tramways are using the middle of normal streets. To simulate this I used to put GLR in between to Oneways - I would suggest to try this layout, too ...

AND

Last but not least:

Congrats for becoming "OF SPECIAL INTEREST"  ()flower()

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

emilin

Got to love those SOMY BAT:s! :thumbsup:

And congratulations on a well deserved reward! &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

HabLeUrG

Excellent work!

An congratulations for those 5 stars and the special interest of this month! well deserved  &apls &apls

Strechnitz

Congratulations with this very fine MD! &apls
and with your "promotion" to a deserved place in this section, &apls
and with the five star rating! &apls

this must be your lucky day! :thumbsup:

Strechnitz

tooheys

Snaper

Congrats JimmyMac  :thumbsup:

Your city is wonderful, I love  ;)

jimmymac

Firstly I just want to say thank you to everyone for the praise and thank you to all the staff here for the Award, it really means a lot to me. Apologies for not replying sooner to this, but I have been caught up in building a new rig for the last few days and haven't had the time to drop by and post a thank you, so here it is. ;D

spartanB292: Firstly, welcome to Invermere Valley. I'm glad you like the updates, as for the church it's the NDEX Greystone church by DuskTrooper and is available here.

tooheys: Thank you for the congrats, congrats are due to you also on your promotion to Special Interest. Somy does have some absolutely brilliant residential buildings, we will see more of his buildings in a later update too, as he and KS are my two main japanese BATers.

dedgren:As I origionally had said on ST, I used your Three Rivers Region and a couple of other CJ/MD's as inspiration before starting this region, so to recieve an award for it means a lot, thank you to all the staff for giving me the chance to showcase my work here on SC4D.

patfirefghtr: Again, thanks for the congrats. The pains taken in design part certainly rings true as there are whole sections of Bedford that I just blitzed and rebuilt after 2 or 3 hours of painstaking work. These sections might be seen sooner or later in a "directors cut" update, there again I might just bury them and hope they go away, lol.

Nardo69: Again, thank you for the congrats. I had actually planned to use the GLR/1 way streets thing in another city later on, so chance are you will see that come up.

emilin: Again, thanks. And again again, lol, as I said before Somy is one of my go to guys for great BAT's his residential series is truely awesome.

Strechnitz: Firstly welcome to Invermere Valley, glad you like the updates and thanks for the congrats. Lucky day doesn't even begin everything that is going on right now: I just finished work for the summer, I just got my new rig running, my Fiancee is coming over to visit me in a couple of weeks time and it's the first time i've seen her since April, I got special interest on here and I got five stars. Seems everything is going good for me right now  ;D

Snaper: Thanks for the congrats, glad you like what you see, oh and welcome to Invermere Valley.  :)

Also, one other thing, I have no problems with people either refering to me as Stu (obviously my real name, lol) or Jimmy or Jimmymac I don't really mind it gives everyone a choice.

Update 13 - Urban Beautification Project Part 1

Today we will revisit the downtown area of Bedford and make it a little more beautiful, seeing as everyone in the whole area seems to work there.

As part of the beautification project the hospital was relocated to the centre of the city and given quite a bit of money by the mayor to make it look much nicer.

Firstly we see the area as it currently is, the park is in place, but that is really the only nice place in the area, and the workers at the BLAM BAST tower are getting tired of having nowhere to go sit and eat other than the park, so lets set about fixing that shall we...

Finally we get to the beautification project itself, a nice open space between the park and the BAST tower, what can go in there I wonder.....

Some of KS' awesome arabian canals coupled with pegs trail kit gives them somewhere to go sit and also gives the centrepiece of the downtown area a frontage to be proud of.

A general overall shot showing some of the other beautification that took place around the downtown area.

A shot of the finished canal project from between the Petronas Twin Towers and the BAST tower.

Finally we have a region shot (click the thumbnail for a full sized view).

I hope you all enjoyed todays update, for the rest of this month I will be updating on a Monday and Friday as a thank you for selecting me to be of special interest, so until Friday, take care everyone and see you then.

serenity086

&apls
Congrats on the award! You've worked so hard on making your region so beautiful, you deserve the recognition  ;D I love the way everything has turned out in your region. I am learning a lot from you ;)

Come Visit Murdock Valley

beskhu3epnm

Wha?

Our Invermere Valley Map is being turned into an incredible city?

Congratulations. You are doing a great job on the city. I know through the pictures that you are in the middle of development. I can't wait to see where you take this once it gets closer to completion.

Completion? I've been playing my version of this map for over a year and am nowhere near completed. Not to upset you or annything Jimmy!!

I like the midrise residential development. The symmetry looks amazing on that system. Your work around rivers and waterfalls works really well too. What waterfalls are those? Did I miss something in my absence?

I am jealous now....!! &apls

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

tooheys

Hi Stu, great use of the arabian canals, they certainly give the park a unique look.  :thumbsup:

The city is looking good. How do find usage of the GLR? I always seem to have problems getting
people to use it. I think I must charge too much  :)

Cheers

Dave

jimmymac

Early reports are that there are more than 5 seperate fires burning throughout Bedford County, the citizens of the surrounding towns are being evacuated and the National Gaurd is going to be drafted in to aid with the cleanup once the fires are out. At this stage there is no real information on the level of damage incurred.

--------------------------------------------------

serenity086: Welcome to Invermere Valley. I'm glad to hear that you're learning from me, as I keep saying, fight the urge to grid and the rest is just a case of going slow  ;)

beskhu3epnm: Firstly welcome to Invermere Valley, must seem like a home from home for you. As I said to jplumbley origionally, thank you for the map, without that this would be a very bland looking region, lol. I know that it's going to take me a very long time to get through every square, but that is part of the fun for me, knowing that I've got all that to come. The waterfalls are part of pegs pond kit which you can get here.

tooheys: I glad you like the canals, I'm always looking for a reason to use them, they add such a beautiful look to whereever they are built. As for the GLR, I have to admit i've never had any luck with them until the new NAM. They just seem to be used more now, maybe it's because I've placed more stations, or maybe it's due to the new GLR avenues. I honestly cannot say, but I'm not going to look that gift horse in the mouth, lol.

That is all for today's mini update, expect to see more of these during the month as channel 7 brings more information on the cleanup....

Pat

Ooooooooh Jimmy the last two updates are great sorry i didnt make it back to comment sooner been RL
busy with 4th of July stuff... Man the forest fires bring back April memories for me ugggggh lol...
Every time i turned around we had a forest fire here a total of 20 of them and one cabin fire...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

serenity086

Poor forests  :(
I can't wait to see your next update and how your city recovers from the damage.

Come Visit Murdock Valley

jplumbley

Noooooooooo.......  Fire!!  :'(  Its gonna destroy my favored forests of Invermere Valley.  Hurry volenteer fire deparatment dont let it spread too far!

What kind of change will this fire bring to the city?  Will it replenish the forest?  Or will it take this as an opportunity to expand?  I wonder...
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Snaper

Very beautiful update, I liked your downtown much  :thumbsup:

You have a very dense network of tram, your sims will not have to surely never complain about the lack of public transport  $%Grinno$%

I love  ;)

jimmymac

patfirefghtr (pat:) Sorry to bring back memories for you  &mmm . It remains to be seen the level of damage the area will have suffered just yet, maybe another news bulletin will tell more.

serenity086 (amanda): I'm sure you can't wait to see what happens next  ;)

jplumbley: As I said to pat above, only time will tell what is going to happen to Bedford County, but I can assure you that everything happens for a reason, lol.

snaper:  I'm glad you like the downtown area so far, hopefully you will enjoy what we have to come in today's update, as we are spending more time making the city beautiful.

Update 14 - Urban Beautification Project Part 2

Bedford didn't get it's nickname from the fact that the ground was green, the "Emerald City" was named due the the amount of money the mayor spent on the planting on trees, people love the area at night, as the little nightlights all glow in the trees.

The CNIT is a centrepiece of the downtown area and the International Trade Plaza and had a lot of money spent on it to develope the surroundings, including the development of the International Trade GLR station.

Now, in a previous update we covered the development of the midrises, and today we start work on the high rises that will transition to the business district, so lets start by zoning in 3 towers, leaving space for a little something something.

Next we build the parks around the towers, develop the GLR and watch as the land value goes into orbit, this will undoubtedly have an effect on the entire area.

Yep there we go, those SOMY midrises are the first victims as the land value skyrockets.

The mayor wanted his citizens to be safe, whatever side of the tracks they lived on, so the railway line was enclosed by two parks along it's entire length, everyone loved living in this area, despite having to see and hear the odd train every now and then.

And now, for the first time since starting Bedford, here is the obligitory night shot of the CBD.

Thats all for today, I hope you enjoy the update, I will return again for another update on Monday and then another news bulletin on Wednesday, so until then, have a good weekend everyone.