• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Church of Our Lady, Copenhagen

Started by vester, August 08, 2011, 03:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Here is my newest batting project: Church of Our Lady, Kalundborg.

Here is an aerial photo:

The shape is unique. Its shape as a Greek cross:

art128

The real roof is blue or red ? On the first picture it's blue but on the aerial shot it's red!   ()what()

Anywa nice job man, I really like it.  &apls Will you make the brick fences and the small building also ?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Model is good and the architecture really interesting  ;)

Following my previous comment, I would say that the roof textures need to be a little bit "dirtier" and I wait for an in-game pic for giving a ruling on the saturation of the bricks :)

Add more small details could avoid the plan effet of the structure and give relief  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Jmouse

Glad to know you're BATting again, Arne. The shape is, indeed, unique and the church will make a fine addition to the LEX.

In the first photo, it appears to be about 2:30 pm and the roof looks like blue glass with lights shining from within or behind it. The red roof is not so easily explained, though. This site tells an interesting story of rivalry between Fin the Troll and builder Esbern Snare and mentions that the spire collapsed on September 7, 1827. It does not explain the color differences between the roofs, though. Wiki doesn't mention the roof at all, so fill us in if you know the answer.

-Joan

Girafe

Quote from: Jmouse on August 08, 2011, 05:30:54 PM
It does not explain the color differences between the roofs, though. Wiki doesn't mention the roof at all, so fill us in if you know the answer.

I asked already this differencies and it's the answer:

Quote Arne pri-forum:
The reddish brown color is of the newly layed copper. The green is the color it gets after a few years: 

Moreover an interesting discussion came on the fact to have 2 versions and timing them (yes carl loves the timed props  ;D)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

Thank you all for your comments.

This church is from around 1220. According to traditions its build by Esbern Snare, brother to Absalon, Bishop of Roskilde and Archbishop of Lund. Absalon is said to started the construction of Roskilde Cathedral.

Quote from: art128 on August 08, 2011, 04:26:44 PM
The real roof is blue or red ? On the first picture it's blue but on the aerial shot it's red!   ()what()

Didn't even noticed it, just so used to building with copper roofs be restored.
The red is the color of copper that is newly laid, where as the turn green when ageing.

Here is an update:

Will try to dirty up the textures.
The textures is made out of a picture of a real church.
Quote from: art128 on August 08, 2011, 04:26:44 PM
Will you make the brick fences and the small building also ?

Thinking about it.

Sciurus

Nice church, but I find the basis too dark, there's too much contrast. Perhaps if you reduce it, it'll make the building a little less "virtual" and more realistic? ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

vester

Started batting another Church of Our Lady, the Copenhagen Cathedral

Here is a few picture of the real one:

This church is of the architect F.C. Hansen. You might knom some of his other works like the Copenhagen City Court House or the Christiansborg Castle Church.

art128

The two latest church are wonderful, Arne! That last one is really interesting with its column on the entrance.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

Very nice church, but when will they been released? $%Grinno$%

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

vester

Quote from: Sciurus on September 13, 2011, 11:11:38 AM
Very nice church, but when will they been released? $%Grinno$%

Well this last one will probably be released before the first one.

Want to do a some probs for the Kalundborg Church Of Our Lady.
That might lead to a new updated lot of the San Andreas.

Girafe

model looks good but you can quickly upgrate it.

1. This texture is nice but I will incrase the contrast a little bit and add dirty stains.

2. You could model the cornice which add more details and could be visible.

3. gutter could be a nice addition too.

4. lot of details around the door like the fronton

5. Balustrade could be nice.

6. Bevel this part

7. Add another texture on this small cornice (white / grey could add diversity).
The Floraler

vester

TY for the comment.

All things that is planned.  ;D  ;)

On the textures: Planned to learn to unwrap it.

Just want everyone to see what I was working on.

Girafe

I have to learn it too.

SF gave on simtro these last days few explanations on this method. Moreover it will be helpful for the automatas but first approach was really a disaster. Seems to be more complex than I though  ;D
The Floraler

vester

Here is an update where I done some of the things Girafe pointed out:

Still haven't done anything about the textures.

Getron

@Vester,

A beautifull Danish Church. But is it a ingame picture? It's because of the pavement I ask. Those pavement looks awesome.

Getron

vester

Thank you.

Sorry, its not a in-game picture. I just like to place the model on a ground so that the shadow shows up.

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Have model a little, but this time I just want to show you a beautiful picture I stumble on searcing for pictures

Its taken by seier+seier

Its one of the round windows at the back.

vester

An update:

Still need to do the side entraces.