• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Team's Super Special Thread for the month of November!!

Started by rooker1, November 01, 2012, 04:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Wow, that looks a bit different from the modern scenes of Tarkusian Cities  ;D  Nice work on the 10S transition and congrats to the RHW team on 7 fantastic years  &apls

Gugu3

Nice Alex!!!7 years of a wondrful mod that has changed the game!! &apls
Excellent work on the elevated 10s!always nice to see some development :thumbsup:
cheers
Gugu3

mike3775

Very nice on the RHW-10 transition.  It is going to be nice to finally be able to cross over RHW-10's without having to downgrade to a RHW-6 at interchanges

noahclem

I just randomly noticed this again:

Quote from: Tarkus on September 28, 2012, 11:44:39 AM
Some preliminary results from my experimentation with this:

That entailed creating two circles and splicing them together.

-Alex

Any thoughts on turning the texture into a puzzle piece? With no FA or WR options 8S could definitely benefit from a bit of flexibility  :thumbsup:

SimSome

Oh gosh. I've been a lurker for so long. I keep loosing my accounts though but I've always needed to make new ones to get to the mods. I have been incubating an idea for a MD for a while. But the NAM overhaul seemed like something I should wait for. It went by so many names, I was worried it was too large a project and may take a long time. And I totally get that volunteers should not have to deal with deadlines but it still ate me up inside.

Then SC13 was announced and at first I was sooooo excited. But then I realized that even if glass box is all that it is said to be, it would take a while for SC13 to get modded up with the flexibility and cosmetics that I would want. That is when I feared that the SC4 modding community might die out and move over to SC13. What then should happen to SC4? And NAM 31?

I'm so glad that this looks like it'll come out soon. But I hope most of all that this is a sign from devs like the NAM  team that SC4 modding will be alive and kicking even after SC13 is released. Cos NAM 31 introduces a revamped system. And you don't put effort into a whole new system unless you think it'll be worth it in the long run. And for that there has to be a long run outlook. And for that I am glad!

Thank you NAM team for all your past work. But most of all thank you for your future work!

FrankU

Well, as far as I am concerned the run will be veeeeery veeeeery veeeeery long!

vinlabsc3k

:o Wow!! :o

The Secret Weapon #1 and the new models for the elevated straight to diagonal is awesome!!

&apls &apls &apls
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Gugu3

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

jdenm8

If that's a bit hard to get the jist of, there's this.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Gugu3

MandelSoft

Kind of, but it will have to wait for the next NAM release. It's in pretty good shape now...

Anyway, who can guess what all these icons represent?

(tip: they are all NAM components)

Best,
Maarten

Girafe

They look awesome. Could we expect a "better" architecture of NAM tools under the menus of the game which are a little bit crowded?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

sunv123

Now i'm on my knees begging for symphony to come out. :D

Lets see, #1 is Highways #2 NWM #3 TuLeps #4 Interchanges #5 RHW #6 Roundabouts #7 Pedestrians/Ped malls #8 IDK #9 Canals #10 RAM #11 Tram #12 HSR #13 Tunnels #14 Bridges #15 Overpasses #16 FAR #17 Traffic Simulator #18 NAM
Tell me which ones i got right, and which ones i got wrong if you have any spare time. :)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

RickD

SA: I love the curvy road.  :thumbsup:

Maarten: NAM has ferries?  ()what()
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

I can try with some of them....
1)RHW
2)NWM
3)Tulep
4)interchanges
5)multi level highways
6)roundabouts
7)pedmalls
8)rural roads/SAM?
9)canal addon mod
10)different width railways?
11)tram
12)train/RAM
13)tunnels
14)bridges
15)RAM/road overpasses
16)Far pieces
17)rail intersection animated prorps
18)?????
final score?????? ;D ;D

MandelSoft

Here's the actual list:

1) RHW
2) NWM
3) TuLEPs
4) Symphony
5) SAM
6) Roundabouts
7) Pedestrian Malls
8) Rural Road Plugin
9) CAN-AM
10) RAM
11) GLR + T-RAM
12) HSR
13) FLUPs
14) Bridges
15) Overpasses
16) FAN (Fractional Angled Networks)
17) NAM Traffic Simulator
18) NAM Core (controller, core files, etc.)

Check your scores now and see how many of those you have correct ;)

Best,
Maarten