• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural Renewal Project

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 11, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Absolutely great. I'm glad to hear you are well, if not a bit busy. The flora shots look amazing and I think the icons are great. It's good to hear that you are planning a release soon enough. It'll be good to get to fiddle around with these things. I'm not quite sure which icon is missing, but I am willing to venture a guess of it being the little lily pads/leaf things in the water. Great scale on those things by the way.

Tarkus

Now that is just plain amazing!  :o  It's good to see you around, Chris!

-Alex (Tarkus)

dedgren

Hey, Chris- great to see you!  Lots happening at your end, that's apparent.  We've been keeping things moving around here, too.

All good things come to those who have the patience to wait a bit.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

Thanks very much for popping by Chris and waking me up... I had nearly forgotten how good your stuff is. Now I wont tho ;)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

thundercrack83

Welcome back, Chris! Hope all is well, and I can't wait to see what else you've got for us, my friend!

Diggis

They look sharp mate!  Like the icons.  :P

Good to see you finishing this and as I said by email let me know if you need any help.  :thumbsup:

Ennedi

Great news, Chris!
Maybe you remember I tested the first version of your pasture flora (two kinds of it) and I was very satisfied. It blends perfectly with Cycledogg's terrain mods textures. Now I see more flowers and bushes and I'm even more happy! :D

Icons look very good, I'm sure they are more informative than ingame pictures.  :thumbsup:
If you will need any help (testing?... ;)), let me know.

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

girlfromverona

Those flora shots are amazing, Chris! Well done. Glad to see you back again, too. ;D

Chrisadams3997

Threestooges:  Very perceptive ;).  They are originally shown a few pages back as lilly pads, but I actually think I'm going to keep that and remodel another version with just a little larger 'pads' and a little more disperse.  Thanks for commenting :thumbsup:.

Tarkus:  Thanks!  I look forward to being around a little bit.

Dedgren:  Well, your patience is impeccable if you call that wait 'a bit', lol.  And I've seen yall have been keeping things moving as well, as I just saw the FAR over on 3RR, which, correct me if I'm mistaken as I just had time to glance at the last few pages, but that Tarkus put together, and it's just amazing.  Makes this stuff look like kiddie work.

Star.torturer:  My pleasure Joe.  I was kind of surprised myself looking back at it, lol.

Thundercrack:  Thank you.  Of course in truth you've seen most of it already ;), it's just a matter of getting it finished.  Then again there might be one or two little surprises, nothing major ::).

Diggis:  Thanks Shaun, and thanks for spurring me a little to get this finished :thumbsup:

Ennedi:  Of course I remember, lol, the grass in the picture below is practically to your specifications :).  You'll be the first to know when I have it ready for testing again.

Girlfromverona:  Much appreciated :thumbsup:.

Rayden

I'm glad to see you back again, too. I look forward to see this project finish and uploaded, as I said before, because it would be a pity to loose such nice work. I'll be one of the proud users of all this stuff.  &apls

Pat

Chris OMG WOW!!!!!!! Those are simply stunning man!!! WOW ok I said wow already but WOW!!!  I've been waiting your flora since you first announced it and now seeing these newest screen shots with the wicked Icons... Im simply stunned here and soo eagerly awaiting still  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

That's looking really really really beautiful there! Also fantastic work on the icons! :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

When you return .....
you return in style &apls &apls

Wonderful screen shots, love the icons and great to hear you still alive and kicking :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the day these will finally be released ;D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Orange Julius

Sweet! The bluebonnets icon is on top! But, they don't seem as vibrant as reality, they look a bit muted. Of course, maybe I'm just greedy. Great to see you're back!
Gone now...

Pat Riot

O yea your back! good to see you!

and top notch stuff.

Travis

Hey Chris, long time-no see, buddy. ;D Great to have you back- and the flora looks as good as ever! :thumbsup:

And of course, if you still need testers, you know where to find me. :)

Chrisadams3997

Rayden:  The idea of you and others using is what keeps me going here, thanks :)

Pat:  And your wait will be rewarded.  Your enthusiasm is always refreshing :thumbsup:

Bat:  Thanks bat.

TTC:  Thankee, more on release coming up, at least for part of it :), read on.

Orange Julius:  awe, it's just the atmospheric distortion and distance playing tricks on your eyes.  The scale we can work at here has it's limits, but I've done my best.

Pat Riot:  Top notch?  but of course, I'm making it aren't I ::)

Travis:  Indeed long time.  I figured if the football stuff was going to see the light of day(yea, I saw your post in your thread), this stuff might as well, well, as well, lol.

Down to business, I've actually got all the flora I've been working on all prepared, short of any testing of course.  I'd like a few independent testers to look it over before I pass it along for scrutineering.  Those interested can follow This link to download it.  Just remember to tell me any problems or suggestions afterwards ;).

Edit: Superseded by new Release

Draggable Paths:

While working on these, I had an idea for making draggable paths, through the same basic idea as ploppable water, only on a smaller scale.  After playing with textures and(the more difficult part) parameters, I came up with a setup that worked, shown here in the park that inspired the idea:

I've made 6 different textures for it, though I don't have a screen shot of the others yet(I'll post one later), and anyone wanting to test them can get them Here.

Edit: Superseded by newer release.

Till next time,

Chris

Ennedi

Both files downloaded, good idea with these paths!
I will test everything from tomorrow

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

wouanagaine

Really interesting idea Chris !

I'd like to know how much it will take the CPU and RAM to have a well developped trail path system however
Did you notice any slowdown ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

EDGE4194

:o wow chris!- you continue to amaze. the paths are an excellent idea and look fantastic. Its so nice to have you back  :)