• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

The bridge pieces have that space because one of them needs to be rotated ;) The yellow lines should both be on the inside. I promise you, rotate it and it will work.

Patches: RHW patches, found in the sticky post. I do remember that being an issue at one point.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

MOREOPTIONS

I have also had trouble making the bridge get over 8 lanes.  have installed all patches with no results. am sure there must be a way. it's a mater of something simple am sure.  I resorted in splitting my Highways into sections and then plasing bridges and it worked ok . having an island between the two directions.  Thank you for reading what i share. God Bless
Quote from: blade2k5 on July 12, 2010, 05:16:23 PM
Not sure if this is the place to post about some issues with RHW, but if not, I couldn't find a separate thread for troubleshooting RHW, so here goes.

First, in the pic below, is there anyway to bridge my 8-lane freeway as shown with an avenue?  You can see that there is puzzle pieces for that to do so, but the two opposites lanes of traffic are spaced further apart than my freeway.  There's one for a 6-lane as pictured below but I'm wondering if there are there any puzzle pieces to accommodate my 8-lane?

Tarkus

If it isn't rotating to the correct position, try hovering the piece over the other tile of the RHW-8 and then rotating it until it lines up.  That usually does the trick.

-Alex

blade2k5

Quote from: Tarkus on July 12, 2010, 07:49:49 PM
If it isn't rotating to the correct position, try hovering the piece over the other tile of the RHW-8 and then rotating it until it lines up.  That usually does the trick.

Ok, after going back into the game, bingo, it worked like it was supposed to. :P  Must have been a glitch in the system.  Anyways, what patches is deathtopumpkins talking about for my other problem?

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Tarkus

Quote from: blade2k5 on July 12, 2010, 10:46:20 PM
Ok, after going back into the game, bingo, it worked like it was supposed to. :P  Must have been a glitch in the system.  Anyways, what patches is deathtopumpkins talking about for my other problem?

The Version 4.0.4 patch.  It's attached to the "sticky post" that's at the top of every page of this thread.

-Alex

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

RickD

Is it ok to suggest new puzzle pieces in this thread?

I came across several situations where the following piece would be useful:

Excuse my bad paint skills. It is a RHW-6 splitter where a RHW-4 curves off and a MIS lane continues straight. This would allow to build more compact cloverleafs where the main road continues in another direction and the straight road is a less important one.

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Monorail Master

RickD, that piece would be VERY helpful. Mainly when building a T-Interchange.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Haljackey

So while building a RHW/Maxis highway interchange, I noticed that the MIS under elevated highway isn't pathed:

Also, how is the RHW-4 under elevated highway patch coming along? I can't open the interchange until those are fixed. :P (Although I could rebuild the Maxis highway into a RHW-4 without too much trouble.)

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on July 15, 2010, 03:09:59 PM
Also, how is the RHW-4 under elevated highway patch coming along? I can't open the interchange until those are fixed. :P (Although I could rebuild the Maxis highway into a RHW-4 without too much trouble.)

I have it fixed on my end here.  Hadn't caught the MIS-under-EMHW path yet, but I fixed it while typing up this reply. :D  As there's been a fair bit of stuff adjusted since 4.0.4, and some of the things fixed are on the RUL end, which requires a NAM Controller update, the fixes will be part of the next full release.

We apologize for the delay on this end on the fixes.  There has been some RL across the board amongst the NAM Team since May, which has slowed things, and we're also taking care to ensure that things are totally copacetic on our end before release.

-Alex

ivo_su

hello
I have a few suggestions to team of RHW
because I saw that you have started projects to FLUPs  for RHW C6
would be great if you make and for RHW-10
Will it be possible to have something like a compact version of RHW 10 with tower lights and barriers in the middle?

as this picture but with tower lights in the middle

smileymk

Is that an RHW version of the ARD-3 I see in that picture? (The 2nd one on the left.)

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

ivo_su

Quote from: smileymk on July 16, 2010, 05:38:15 AM
Is that an RHW version of the ARD-3 I see in that picture? (The 2nd one on the left.)
Yes but this is for RHW-C8 not RHW-10
;)

smileymk

What do you mean by "it's for 8C"? If you're referring to the barriers, I'm not one to know much about that. Surely a 3-lane RHW can't be for RHW-8?

I'd definitely like to know how you made that 2+1 asymmetrical setup. Or is it not out yet?

FacebookYouTube

Nego

Quote from: smileymk on July 16, 2010, 05:53:47 AM
I'd definitely like to know how you made that 2+1 asymmetrical setup. Or is it not out yet?

That picture an old development picture from a while back. The ARD, or three lane RHW (RHW-3/ARHW?) has not been released yet.

MandelSoft

Quote from: RickD on July 13, 2010, 02:28:47 AM
Is it ok to suggest new puzzle pieces in this thread?

I came across several situations where the following piece would be useful:

Excuse my bad paint skills. It is a RHW-6 splitter where a RHW-4 curves off and a MIS lane continues straight. This would allow to build more compact cloverleafs where the main road continues in another direction and the straight road is a less important one.
I was thinking about that too. I would call it the TOTSO-Ramp (Turn Of To Stay On).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

RickD

Quote from: mrtnrln on July 16, 2010, 07:37:35 AM
I was thinking about that too. I would call it the TOTSO-Ramp (Turn Of To Stay On).

That is the term I was looking for but couldn't remember.  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Tarkus

Quote from: smileymk on July 16, 2010, 05:53:47 AM

That's the RHW-3.  It's actually been on the drawing board since 2008, with a prototype debuting around then, but it has never actually been released.  It was actually planned for Version 3.0 originally, but had stability issues and didn't make the cut.  There's not been much done on it since then, though it was briefly re-enabled in the Version 4.0 alpha phase (the pic was originally posted back in January by Haljackey, one of our testers), and the current plan is to include it as part of the 4.x series.

As far as an RHW-10C, the idea's been thrown around, but it's not on the drawing board.  Perhaps once we get into the "Ultra-Wide" RHWs, it'll be looked at again, though tentatively, I'd say that wouldn't happen until the 5.x series.

-Alex

smileymk

Quote from: Tarkus on July 16, 2010, 10:46:02 AM
That's the RHW-3.  It's actually been on the drawing board since 2008, with a prototype debuting around then, but it has never actually been released.  It was actually planned for Version 3.0 originally, but had stability issues and didn't make the cut.  There's not been much done on it since then, though it was briefly re-enabled in the Version 4.0 alpha phase (the pic was originally posted back in January by Haljackey, one of our testers), and the current plan is to include it as part of the 4.x series.

-Alex

OK. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm looking forward to its release - should be useful.

FacebookYouTube

Blue Lightning

As far as an RHW-10C, the idea's been thrown around, but it's not on the drawing board.  Perhaps once we get into the "Ultra-Wide" RHWs, it'll be looked at again, though tentatively, I'd say that wouldn't happen until the 5.x series.
I'm going to pull another "oh by the way" thing here...

I made these prototypes about 6 months ago.

And the way the lanes are set up you can also do this
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project