• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

The main thing with elevated wider networks is that they take more time to make than their ground-level counterparts because of the modeling involved.  They're definitely planned, and there's been some work done on them, but that's about it.  As far as them being in next release, well, that's not a given.  But sometime . . . likely when you least expect them.

-Alex

zakuten

Would that timetable also apply to E-RHW2 or would that be coming (relatively) sooner?
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Tarkus

The dimensions on the RHW-2 are such that the existing ERHW-4 models may be able to be ported over, which does indeed mean it'll be much easier to put that in place than some of the wider networks.  There's been some rough prototypes of it since Version 3.0, but no recent work in the past year or so.

-Alex

Nego

Quote from: zakuten on January 11, 2011, 10:54:35 AM
Would that timetable also apply to E-RHW2 or would that be coming (relatively) sooner?

For now, you could just use the elevated road pieces included with the NAM. They are fully compatible with the RHW, they're just not draggable.

zakuten

Oh, of course, but for ramps, a road won't cut it, ahaha.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Moonraker0

Quote from: Tarkus on November 22, 2010, 01:52:50 PMThe overhang on the RHW-6S is laying on top of the RHW-4, as the RHW-4 is simply texture-based.  However, if the RHW-4 Orthogonal Filler pieces are used, which are flat-model-based, the game is able to resolve the issue:

-Alex
I tried this, and I still get the result of the RHW-6S overhanging onto the RHW-4.  Is it because that trick only applies to the new, unreleased RHW textures?

MandelSoft

That's right, it won't work with the current version...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

metasmurf

Quick question: I have a problem with diagonal rhw4. After a short stretch, all traffic jumps into the left lane, and stay that way until the next straight stretch. Am I the only one having this issue?

Tarkus

Quote from: metasmurf on January 17, 2011, 01:41:27 PM
Quick question: I have a problem with diagonal rhw4. After a short stretch, all traffic jumps into the left lane, and stay that way until the next straight stretch. Am I the only one having this issue?

I'll check into it and let you know my findings.

And it's high time I had a development update of some sort here, so here's the latest.  The V5-Spec default set is nearly done being "paved". 

Got the last ramp interface done:

Now have most of the cosmetic pieces done, including Maarten's extended left-lane ending RHW-6S-to-4 transitions.

And the DDI has been revamped as well.

Still need to realign the FARHW-6S stuff a little bit, and of course, there's always the wealthification process (which isn't hard, but tedious) and then the default set's a wrap.  A fair bit of repathing will need to be done as well to get everything to conform to the new scaling, which will be an ongoing project until release.

-Alex

Monorail Master

Ok, there's the OWR-roundabout that has RHW-2 and MIS compatability. But what about OWR-roundabout and AVE-4-roundabout compatability for RHW-4? As in the AVE-roundabout, the corner edges to where you can drag non-diagonal OWR-2 at, what about makeing that compatabile for RHW-4 without needing a OWR-2 conversion? As well as the EL-MaxisHWY-over roundabout, instead of EL-MHWY what about RHW-4 replacing it? Thus helping the lazy (Like me, aren't we all?) by avoiding placing a EL-HWY -> EL-AVE conversion piece. As well as stopping the "Avenue is WAAAYYYYY over capacity" pop-ups.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Tarkus

Quote from: Monorail Master on January 18, 2011, 03:03:33 PM
But what about OWR-roundabout and AVE-4-roundabout compatability for RHW-4?

OWR Roundabout compatibility would not really make sense.  You'd have two high-capacity lanes in a single direction dumping into a single-lane roundabout.  AVE-4 roundabout support I could see, however, including the ERHW-over-AVE-4 Roundabout functionality you described.  However, it'll require a fair bit of modification to the AVE-4 Roundabouts in order to make that work.  I'd say there's a very good chance of it coming to reality, but it may be some time.  I'd guess RHW Version 4.3.

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

That ramp looks a little strange... it seems like it needs to be made less "kinky".
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jdenm8

Ya... That left ramp looks terrible bad... It looks cobbled together and out-of-place compared to the rest of the new textures.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

jondor

I wouldn't say terrible.  Just that bottom left corner needs a little touch up, slide a few pixels around and it'll look great.

It just needs a little strip of unworn pavement inside the exit split stripe, smooth out the kink in the exit lane itself and do a quick slice of the overhanging sliver on the left.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Tarkus

:D :D 

That design there is part of one of the more exciting new interchange designs to come about recently--the Diverging Diamond].  Basically, it eases movements onto/off of a divided highway.

I've also "desketchified" the giant RHW-8S-to-6C Transition with Dual MIS Ramp textures as of last night, too.  Redid the geometry quite a bit . . . I think I got it quite a bit smoother.

All that's left now on the texture front is wealthification.

-Alex

noahclem

Looks great! Thoroughly "desketchified"  :D

jdenm8

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

jondor

I know we have tons of transitions already, but are there plans to mirror the left half of that one and make a symmetrical version with a 1 tile median between the RHW-8S?
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.