• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gimp Fsh Filetype plugin

Started by null45, August 01, 2009, 12:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowkee33

Thanks again for another great tool!  :)

I'm mostly using this to combine FSH together as to not waste space (For example, an HD zoom 4 that uses 4 256x256 FSH when it only needs 1).  However, I am seeing my file sizes increase rather than decrease.

My particular BAT is a long and narrow, so I can merge the 16 zoom 4 FSH into 3.  The end file size is not as small as I think it should be (Especially compared to the original model with just the other 13 FSH removed).

I "save selected files" in reader, open in GIMP, edit, save (with FShWrite compression on), and "insert and compress".

Something missing?

null45

Quote from: Lowkee33 on August 24, 2011, 11:21:10 AM
Thanks again for another great tool!  :)

I'm mostly using this to combine FSH together as to not waste space (For example, an HD zoom 4 that uses 4 256x256 FSH when it only needs 1).  However, I am seeing my file sizes increase rather than decrease.

My particular BAT is a long and narrow, so I can merge the 16 zoom 4 FSH into 3.  The end file size is not as small as I think it should be (Especially compared to the original model with just the other 13 FSH removed).

I "save selected files" in reader, open in GIMP, edit, save (with FShWrite compression on), and "insert and compress".

Something missing?

Some files don't compress with QFS compression, in those cases the file should be 4 bytes larger than the uncompressed file.

Lowkee33

Good Morning.  I just used "create mip-maps" for the first time while saving.  When I insert (compress as well) the FSH don't have the proper Group or Instances.  They are both 0x00.  Perhaps I am wrong with my use of the FSH plugin, but the whole time saving aspect of me doing this was that I wouldn't have to remember any TGIs.

Edit: I see that the plugin didn't make TGI files.  I think it would be safe to assume that anyone who is making mip-maps would be working on base/overlay textures, and in this case, working on the zoom 4 image.  Thanks.

null45

It should remember the TGI for any images that have it when loaded, currently it can not be set on save.