• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simcoug

These are amazing eggman!  How difficult would it be to create these as single track versions? 
Thanks for all your hard work!

agunter999

As long as we get some nice old arched bridges in that style my life is great, those look great. (I have changed my opinion of
n the grey ballast and now prefer the current one to the old maxis stuff.
Removed sig, as it linked to a site that promotes unauthorized "modpacks" (see #10 on Site Rules). -Admin

vortext

Even with color correction the textures could use some more attention but the modelling is very nice, especially on the arched bridge.  &apls

Request for STR versions is hereby seconded.  ;)

Keep it up!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

thebagleboy

Good to see more bridges being added to the game. Really liking how they are turning out.  &apls
Keep up the good work.  ;D

eggman121

Quote from: vortext on February 20, 2014, 12:02:55 PM
Even with color correction the textures could use some more attention but the modelling is very nice, especially on the arched bridge.  &apls

Request for STR versions is hereby seconded.  ;)

Keep it up!  :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm going to sort something out with the textures for the stone bridge since they are a bit light coloured. The mapping may also need some changing as well.

Anyway you were after STR... well here is the first bridge.

These bridges have been colour corrected but if any of the modeling need changing please let me know.

-eggman121 

threestooges

Your bridges have come a fair way in a short period of time. With the time and attention you've already devoted to the catenary models, I believe these bridges will make fine additions to the game when all is said and done. Were you able to sort out the issue with the overhead wire and the pylon piece?
-Matt

Gugu3

eggman121

Quote from: threestooges on February 21, 2014, 02:50:45 AM
Your bridges have come a fair way in a short period of time. With the time and attention you've already devoted to the catenary models, I believe these bridges will make fine additions to the game when all is said and done. Were you able to sort out the issue with the overhead wire and the pylon piece?
-Matt

Thank you. They have come a far way in a short period of time since I have tried to make the models before University starts so I can concentrate on that. Now that I have access to dedicated IIDs for the bridges I am making it won't be long before the issue of the wires conflicting with the pylon wake T21 exemplar is sorted. I plan to keep the wake effect in the catenery mod T21 for all pylons to maintain consistency. 

Quote from: Gugu3 on February 21, 2014, 02:54:21 AM
Lovely bridges!like the STR one! &apls

Thanks again. I'm glad you like them.

-eggman121

Edit: New Bridge

This time a iron girder bridge.

Now I'm going to put it out to the community. What names should I call the bridges?

-eggman121

Durfsurn

This just came to me as I read your post with the iron girder bridge, name it the - Frank Werspuckle Memorial Bridge

roadgeek

Quote from: eggman121 on February 20, 2014, 11:15:09 PM

Anyway you were after STR... well here is the first bridge.

-eggman121

I am So happy!  &apls %BUd% &dance

trabman11

&dance &dance &dance !!!YES!!!  &dance &dance &dance

Those bridges look amazing. Can't wait to get my hands on them! :D
RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

Jimmyson

I'm loving the progress that is being made with the RRW! I'm looking forward to the next Public Iteration of RRW to implement into my cities!
I'm also loving some of the new catenaries. They have that design similar of those used in Melbourne! AWESOME WORK eggman!

Just a quick question, are there any plans to build a L1 (7.5m) Elevated Heavy Rail, or is that apart of a seperate NAM Project?

trabman11

I've never heard of any plans such as this, but it sounds interesting. Though, you could achieve the same effect with ground lifters, though that would take up more room than the Level 1 concept you mentioned.  %BUd%
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

art128

Am I really the only one who thinks the textures could use some more work....?
I mean, sure it's nice to have RRW textured bridge, but.... you need to work a bit more on a bridge before going to create a new one..
Still a good initiative. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

eggman121

Quote from: Jimmyson on February 23, 2014, 04:22:53 PM
I'm loving the progress that is being made with the RRW! I'm looking forward to the next Public Iteration of RRW to implement into my cities!
I'm also loving some of the new catenaries. They have that design similar of those used in Melbourne! AWESOME WORK eggman!

Just a quick question, are there any plans to build a L1 (7.5m) Elevated Heavy Rail, or is that apart of a seperate NAM Project?

Since I live just out of Melbourne and travel there all the time on the train that is where I have taken a lot of my inspiration from  ;D. From my knowledge there are plans for L1 Railway viaducts. When they get implemented is just a case of wait and see.

Quote from: art128 on February 23, 2014, 04:36:13 PM
Am I really the only one who thinks the textures could use some more work....?
I mean, sure it's nice to have RRW textured bridge, but.... you need to work a bit more on a bridge before going to create a new one..
Still a good initiative. ;)

The textures I am using definitely need some TLC. Both in terms of making and mapping. I have changed tact on how I place the rail textures on the bridges since it is a real pain to colour correct them correctly. I am placing the texture on a separate model and merging the two models together. Cogeo's model tweaker has made the process so much easier. Here is the first bridge that I have shown with the colour correction.

Still needs some work but it is coming together quite well.

-eggman121

trabman11

&dance &dance ()what() WHA??? ()what() &dance &dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTSIQPxA

I've never seen this project before, are their any plans for it?

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Jimmyson on February 23, 2014, 04:22:53 PM

Yes, this is mentioned earlier in the thread.  Willy posted a picture, but currently his host site Majhost.com is down.  Eventually there will be draggable viaducts of varying heights for most networks, roads, highways, rail.  This is a very long-term project though.

Eggman:  you do realize that Willy has already released color-corrected textures for lots?  Also, I think art might have meant the textures on the bridge models themselves.  I agree that they could use some more detail and weathering, but if you upload what you have so far so that other NAM members and associates can look, we would be happy to help you work on these.   :thumbsup:

EDIT

Quote from: trabman11 on February 23, 2014, 05:28:54 PM
&dance &dance ()what() WHA??? ()what() &dance &dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTSIQPxA

I've never seen this project before, are their any plans for it?

That video is from 2011, as you can see.  It was part of the now-defunct RAM project.  But as I said, those kinds things are still plausible for long-term development.

eggman121

Quote from: Indiana Joe on February 23, 2014, 05:30:04 PM
Eggman:  you do realize that Willy has already released color-corrected textures for lots?  Also, I think art might have meant the textures on the bridge models themselves.  I agree that they could use some more detail and weathering, but if you upload what you have so far so that other NAM members and associates can look, we would be happy to help you work on these.   :thumbsup:

I will be putting the bridges out into the developmental field once I have determined the IIDs and the exemplar IDs for the bridges. Unfortunately I will be busy for a few days so I have been kind of rushing through the modeling and textures to make a complete set. There are still some issues that need to be sorted out.

Unfortunately also my texture library is quite limited so it will be a while before I can create and map the correct textures since they have not been created yet.

Edit: I forgot to mention. With the new method I am now using you only have to change the Rail Texture FSH in the bridge file so that you don't have to re-BAT the whole model. Much like the way Willy textured the over-truss bridge in the current RRW in the NAM32 installation.

I am quite aware about what Art128 was mentioning and I have the same feelings. The textures do need some more work. I will be addressing this in the coming days.

-eggman121

Vlasky

Hey guys, I have one railway bridge model that I would like to finish and release soon. I really don't know anything about bridge modelling and I know you've gone way forward since that tutorial available here. SO my question would be, is there a possibility of me having your support in planning how to and what to do with this model so that it can finally see the light of game?

How should I divide it? Should the span be central part? I have no idea.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1115x532q90/713/prv3jpg.jpg
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

eggman121

Quote from: Vlasky on February 23, 2014, 09:58:37 PM
Hey guys, I have one railway bridge model that I would like to finish and release soon. I really don't know anything about bridge modelling and I know you've gone way forward since that tutorial available here. SO my question would be, is there a possibility of me having your support in planning how to and what to do with this model so that it can finally see the light of game?

How should I divide it? Should the span be central part? I have no idea.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1115x532q90/713/prv3jpg.jpg

Sorry for the late reply but I think the bridge you have there may require RULs to implement correctly in game, something that I'm not proficient with yet. In terms of dividing it should be in 1 tile segments with each piece centered at X=0 Y=0. Nice modeling though  :thumbsup:

There is a wealth of information on the SC4 Wiki and some of the forums.

Here are some of the Tutorials:

http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Tutorial:Bridge_Modeling

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=930.0

Here is another STR or RRW1 bridge I have made in my limited free time this week.

I think I'm getting the hang of this.

-eggman121