• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Jack_wilds

this mod is sure shaping up to something great...   :thumbsup:  add VDK's train sets and its practically complete...  ::)  hope it get s all finished in a well rounded fashion before life catches up... anticipation for the meantime  :satisfied:

Gugu3

dyoungyn

Beautiful work.  What we(I) have been wanting for a long time now is a BETTER more realistic transition piece from Elevated Rail (Maxis) to Elevated Rail. 

dyoungyn

trabman11

Simply amazing, eggman121, simply amazing.  &dance
RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

fantozzi

Thank you for this mod!

I like the textures.

Now I want to create a bigger freight rail yard. Can I use the base textures of the RRW to create a texture pack for lotting purposes (similar to the NCD railyard textures)?

Greetings
Fantozzi

eggman121

Quote from: fantozzi on May 09, 2014, 01:55:13 PM
Thank you for this mod!

I like the textures.

Now I want to create a bigger freight rail yard. Can I use the base textures of the RRW to create a texture pack for lotting purposes (similar to the NCD railyard textures)?

Greetings
Fantozzi

Hello Fantozzi

I'm exploring the ways to make textures to make a freight yard since this is an addition I want in the game. But if you want to make something quick you could always use the base texture of 0x263d2004 (Straight section DTR) in the lot support file of the RRW setup in NAM 32 and use the minicurves to make a realistic looking railyard. Otherwise the textures for the minicurves are in RealRailway_Networks_DTR.dat and RealRailway_Networks_STR.dat of your RRW installation if you wanted to make these textures into a texture pack for lotting. Mind you there are other textures in the RealRailway_LotSupport.dat file so if you are confident with Ilives reader you can look and see if any of those textures suit.

I think that just using the minicurves to make your railyard switches will be good enough but if you want to make these into textures for lotting I would ask Willy / Swordmaster first. They are his textures after all.

-eggman121

Crimsonsky80

Where to get those Amazing props?  :)
I mean mostly the wired catenary. Thx alot.

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI think that just using the minicurves to make your railyard switches will be good enough but if you want to make these into textures for lotting I would ask Willy / Swordmaster first. They are his textures after all.

If I remember correctly the intent was to build new lot textures as needed - so it would be left mostly up to other people if they felt the need to fill in gaps if Willy wasn't able to. I think there's a style guide kicking about somewhere.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

noahclem

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 21, 2014, 03:21:19 AM
QuoteI think that just using the minicurves to make your railyard switches will be good enough but if you want to make these into textures for lotting I would ask Willy / Swordmaster first. They are his textures after all.

If I remember correctly the intent was to build new lot textures as needed - so it would be left mostly up to other people if they felt the need to fill in gaps if Willy wasn't able to. I think there's a style guide kicking about somewhere.

That would be the case, to the best of my knowledge at least. Anyone creating RRW-based textures for lots would be more than welcome to do so w/o needing to ask for permission and would very much reduce Willy's headache levels whenever he gets back around on a more regular basis ;)

eggman121

Quote from: noahclem on May 21, 2014, 04:24:16 PM
That would be the case, to the best of my knowledge at least. Anyone creating RRW-based textures for lots would be more than welcome to do so w/o needing to ask for permission and would very much reduce Willy's headache levels whenever he gets back around on a more regular basis ;)

I think that is a fair point. There is a fine line between infringing on peoples work and making content available for Lotters. Maybe the mini-curve textures could be placed in the RealRailway_LotSupport.dat or another external file for the use by railway Lotters to use but this is just me thinking out allowed.

In terms of the Catenaries I am looking at a redesign due to the fact that there are a lot of exemplars which due to the inherent complexity is creating many headaches on my side. I think that before I go fully blown into the intricacies of the switches and curves that I should look at simplifying the wires so they are more easy to place onto the applicable curves/ switches.

-eggman121     

Shadow Assassin

The only issue with simply copying the mini-curves into the LotSupport file is that the colour space shifts slightly with lot textures and network textures. It is unimaginably annoying, but nothing we can do about it.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Indiana Joe

Here's what Willy himself recommends doing when changing textures from transit to lot.  (I've found it's not quite perfect; but I think it really depends on your monitor and color settings)

The problem is that you really need the separate pieces of the textures.  Separate gravel, rail, sleeper texture layers.  The original work material.  When I asked, Willy said he'd be happy to share these once he has things back up and running.

vortext

Though originally intended for BAT I found Gascooker's calibration method delivers a near perfect match for transit vs. LE textures as well.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

eggman121

Thanks for all the feedback in terms of the texture shading. Will give it a go when I have a chance.

In terms of catenaries its time to switch tracks.... $%Grinno$%

Just starting to do some MiniCurve Turnouts and this is only the start. There is a lot more to come.

I'm going to do some assignments now but I will be back in a week or so.

-eggman121

Edit: Thanks for the KP :thumbsup:

noahclem

Simply stunning  :o  This has to be one of the most eagerly awaited custom content projects of this time  :thumbsup:

eggman121

Quote from: noahclem on June 01, 2014, 05:05:48 PM
Simply stunning  :o  This has to be one of the most eagerly awaited custom content projects of this time  :thumbsup:

I can't wait to finish it off and present it to the Simcity4 Community ;D. But it is going to take a while. We are talking about placing hundreds or thousands of props and exemplars here for the finished product.

Here is some pictures of the switches with trains running underneath.

Many thanks to Vester for his AE Skyliner Train.

-eggman121

FrankU

Fantastic work!
I think the KP will not be the last for you. So prepare.

noahclem

Quote from: eggman121 on June 01, 2014, 08:31:38 PM
Quote from: noahclem on June 01, 2014, 05:05:48 PM

I can't wait to finish it off and present it to the Simcity4 Community ;D. But it is going to take a while. We are talking about placing hundreds or thousands of props and exemplars here for the finished product.

Here is some pictures of the switches with trains running underneath.

Many thanks to Vester for his AE Skyliner Train.

-eggman121

I'm willing to wait for something like I expect the finished product of this to be--not that I wouldn't be opposed to reviewing files still in a developmental state ;)  Congrats on a well-deserved KP :)

Gugu3