• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

packersfan

I've been away from the game for over a year now and I am coming back and seeing all this amazing progress!  SC4 Forever!  I fear the day SimCity stops working because this game is more the communities than anything that was initially released 10 years ago!  I can't WAIT to check this stuff out in my region!

Badsim

From  :o to  &dd

Willy , eggman121 and others involved in that project ... hats off . I think that each one here can measure how much time and effort you're investing in this revolutionary and so sexy railway ( how strange it is to see this two words associated  :P ) Mod . Don't hurry , but don't lose touch with each other either  - and may RL don't take you away too early . It would be too cruel now we have seen that light .  :satisfied:

&apls &apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

deora

Woahhh!Amazing stuff is coming to town.Love the angled pieces and the textures in general.Can`t wait till they are finished,from now on i won`t use any heavy rails until the new ones are out :D
Besides that,i`m wondering if the new RRW pieces might be a bit more MMP friendly and if they can share their tiles with planted MMP`s?
However keep up the good work &apls and have a nice Weekend.

Aaron Graham

OMG!!!!!!! Great work guys. Its been so long sense I came back to see your work. :O
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

eggman121

This thread has been quiet... too quiet...

So I have decided to liven it up a bit... Not RRW Related but you get the idea.

Art128 Are you watching?  $%Grinno$%

Should I continue with this project?

-eggman121

art128

That looks excellent. Now I can't help but wonder, are the rails elevated? they seem off center from the tile on both angles.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

eggman121

The railbase is indeed elevated. It is the same height as the HSRP. This is to stop the shadows and to be consistent with the HSRP. I want to see if people like this approach before i continue.

eggman121

art128

Ooh, that explains it then. I think that's a good idea. This will be an HSRP mod? I like it. Might want to add some details like fences, But I'm sure it's already on your list. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

compdude787

Yeah, that is pretty nice! The current HSR looks too futuristic, IMO. Normal high-speed rail is just a railroad that has high-speed trains and has catenaries.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

aeronautik

noahclem

Looks excellent  &apls  Is it 0.5m elevated? Seems like ground level might be optimal but that should be fine too, especially if changing requires much effort.

eggman121

Quote from: noahclem on October 19, 2014, 05:27:53 AM
Looks excellent  &apls  Is it 0.5m elevated? Seems like ground level might be optimal but that should be fine too, especially if changing requires much effort.

The height of the ground level is actually 1.189m unfortunately. I also believe that It should be at ground level. I will see what I can do. A no shadows patch for the GHSR would be required though.

Thanks for all the kind words everybody  :thumbsup:

-eggman121

vinlabsc3k

Awesome!! &apls &apls &apls

I hope that the final release will be included in the new NAM!! :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

art128

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on October 19, 2014, 03:09:57 PM
Awesome!! &apls &apls &apls

I hope that the final release will be included in the new NAM!! :thumbsup:

If I recall correctly, they (the NAM team) said it would be added to the NAM in two versions as the focus of the next one wasn't on the RRW stuff yet.

I'd say I agree with that though. It's best to have a good, thoughtfully tested version of a mod before making it public. I'd personally hate to see this mod rushed so that it meets the next NAM release date. (not that there is one, "It will be released when it is ready" )

Props & Texture Catalog

eggman121

Quote from: art128 on October 19, 2014, 03:23:32 PM
If I recall correctly, they (the NAM team) said it would be added to the NAM in two versions as the focus of the next one wasn't on the RRW stuff yet.

I'd say I agree with that though. It's best to have a good, thoughtfully tested version of a mod before making it public. I'd personally hate to see this mod rushed so that it meets the next NAM release date. (not that there is one, "It will be released when it is ready" )

The last and only time a NAM was released with a release date (NAM 31.0) it was half baked and put the team under pressure to fix the issues. Much of the team at the moment have heavy RL so it is hard to quantify what will and will not go in the next NAM. The HSRP version I am making is piggybacking on top of the current HSRP at the moment. I will have to discuss further what direction the HSRP will take. At the moment I am just experimenting with ideas for what people would like in a future NAM beyond NAM 33.

Anyways here are some more pictures of the HSRP next to the RRW

Enjoy  ()flower()

-eggman121

jmdude1

The ground HSRP looks great! It's looks very useful and would work nicely with the current elevated option (Japanese version).

isii94

That's amazing  :thumbsup:

And you got rid of these white spots.
Have you replaced the models with the flat planes the RRW uses? Looks like the updates for most paths could even be done automatically by a script which replaces the 1.189 with 0... Then only the transitions would be left to be done manually
MD coming soon...

Gugu3

art128

Lovely work! the two networks really look good together. :)

EDIT - Have you tried Moonlight's security fences ? they might look good too.

Props & Texture Catalog