• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodb3kmaster

Your flash tags don't work, TJ1. I have corrected them below:

http://www.youtube.com/v/F647rqsxpvM&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/v/avQUtrgB5JU&fmt=18

If you want to see what I did to make the links work, just quote this post and look at the tags. Happy video-posting!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

TJ1

Thank you so much woodb3kmaster. :thumbsup: I did need some help :-[.

A guy on youtube called ScrewdUPclickV2 made these videos of my home state and they look very interesting.
The first video has the grand Dallas High Five.

Here is also one in Houston, Texas of  the beautifly reconstructed Katy Freeway.
http://www.youtube.com/v/MxCt_NwUR5k&fmt=18

shaylan221

You guys are doing awesome work  &apls  &apls  &apls . I look forward to see what else you guys produce.
Come check out my new exciting MD:

"The Life of a Tour Guide"

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11351.0

j-dub

@ io_bg: Interesting request. Draggable RHW 4 on a diagonal is going to have a further parallel gap compared to width of diagonal avenues, its not impossible at the current state, but maybe a transition like that could save some space, compared to what you have to do now. Some people such as I have built diagonal avenues that change into diagonal RHW 4, which is useful for certain diagonal interchanges, you have RHW-4 diagonal filler pieces that work next to the diagonal OWR-2 squares, and then from the diagonal OWR 2, you then can change into regular diagonal avenue. So its kind of a three network transitional process.

RHW 4 diagonal fillers > OWR 2 alignment > diagonal avenue

kabal223

Sorry to bother you guys, but do you know where can I find the .dat for this kind of ramps? I want to edit the paths

Thanks!!

MandelSoft

First, these are the Maxis Highways (and not the RHW). Second, you can find it in SimCity1.dat
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nego

I have a question about editing RHW ramp textures. I want to add chevrons, hatching, ect. to RHW exit ramps like in the below picture.
*Edit: Added the alpha:

The problem is that when it comes time to use them in the game, the ramp still looks like the default original. I exported the *.FSH files using iLive's Reader and used FSHman to extract the color and the alpha textures. And after editing them, I used SC4Tool to put them into a data file as shown below:

I even changed the last letter in the IID, which I copied directly from iLives Reader, from 'e' to '0'. The IID that was shown in iLives Reader is shown below:

Am I doing something horribly wrong? Also, I did make sure that the data file loaded after the rest of the RHW data files.

kabal223

Quote from: mrtnrln on July 25, 2010, 10:46:39 AM
First, these are the Maxis Highways (and not the RHW). Second, you can find it in SimCity1.dat

Thanks!  &apls

Tarkus

Quote from: kabal223 on July 25, 2010, 06:04:31 AM
Sorry to bother you guys, but do you know where can I find the .dat for this kind of ramps? I want to edit the paths

A quick look in RUL 0x10000000 seems to suggest they would start at IID 0x0c882000.  As mrtnrln correctly indicated, they'll be in SimCity_1.dat--all paths for Maxis default items can be found there.

Quote from: Nego on July 25, 2010, 10:55:01 AM
The problem is that when it comes time to use them in the game, the ramp still looks like the default original. I exported the *.FSH files using iLive's Reader and used FSHman to extract the color and the alpha textures. And after editing them, I used SC4Tool to put them into a data file as shown below:

When in SC4Tool, try using "A" instead of "0" as the last digit of the IID.  This should put everything in the A-E range instead of 0-4.  If you've changed the IID on one of the textures to end in "E", and it is indeed loading last, it should at least be showing up in Zooms 5 and 6.

Additionally, I'd consider using null45's Batch PNGToFSH Tool (which you can pick up here) instead of SC4Tool.  It's got a simple drag-and-drop interface, allows you to use PNG transparency instead of fiddling with Alpha Maps, and if you specify the IID of the Zoom 5 texture in the file name, it'll assign it automatically when you import.  It's what I've been using for awhile myself and it has really sped up the process immensely for me. :thumbsup:

-Alex

MandelSoft

Also, have you made sure it loads last?

Nego

Good news everyone! I've goten the textures to work in the game! Thanks to Alex for pointing out that the IIDs should end 'A' instead of '0'. That fixed it. I will also to try out using null45's Batch PNGToFSH Tool. And yes, mrtnrln, I did make sure it loaded last by naming the folder 'zzzzzzReal Highway Texture Mod', though I think I may have gone a little overboard with the 'Z's. :D I will post a picture of the result later.

MattyFo

Is there anyway to get a RHW-4 over RHW-6? I've cycled through all of the RHW categories and found no puzzle pieces that are helpful.  I didn't even find any ERHW Ortho over Ortho puzzle pieces which I could swear I have seen before.  Am I doing something wrong here?

EDIT:  Forget this question.  Perhaps reading the FAQ before posting my question would have been wise.  :D

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

kabal223

Quote from: Tarkus on July 25, 2010, 11:41:06 AM
A quick look in RUL 0x10000000 seems to suggest they would start at IID 0x0c882000.  As mrtnrln correctly indicated, they'll be in SimCity_1.dat--all paths for Maxis default items can be found there.

-Alex

Paths done thanks to you! a bit tricky because the height though ;D.

Man, how do you find that path so fast? (one of the instance was 0x0c882430, you almost got it)...

Thanks again and sorry for the offtopic, I thought you guys had made those ramps.

pierrebaptiste

Hello

Sorry , but texture (euro road texture ) for the RHW V4 in LHD is ready or not ?

Mrtln have said that is in stand by and he had a programmation problem with several piece ?  ()what()

Because several player of simcity wait for this version (RHW V4 euro road texture in LHD )

Good luck  :thumbsup:

I think that is a biggest project  :o

Tarkus

Quote from: pierrebaptiste on July 27, 2010, 09:01:08 AM
Sorry , but texture (euro road texture ) for the RHW V4 in LHD is ready or not ?

Mrtln have said that is in stand by and he had a programmation problem with several piece ?  ()what()

mrtnrln updated his set the day after RHW 4.0 came out.  It's on the STEX over at Simtropolis and there's a link here in the "sticky post".

-Alex

io_bg

I think pierrebaptiste asks for a LHD version of his textures since currently they are only for RHD.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

Quote from: io_bg on July 27, 2010, 09:08:51 AM
I think pierrebaptiste asks for a LHD version of his textures since currently they are only for RHD.

As far as I know, while there are some things in there that are RHD-specific, the mod should mostly work in LHD, aside from some reversed chevrons and maybe the cosmetic pieces with arrows.  Maarten could probably give a more concrete answer on that, though.

-Alex

MandelSoft

Well, it might work with LHD if you leave the modded pathing file out. Besides from some odd looking pieces (like Alex pointed out) it will work fine.

TJ1

In the 4.X  release's can you guys make inside ramps for farrhw ()what() and can you make it easier to do what is in the red circles above.

Buzzit

i've got a small question: when i drag the RHW piece to the edge of a map i can make a connection to the neighbours but is this the right way to make a functional highway?