• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

FAQ update time, perhaps...? I can tell that this question is being asked a fair bit now.

"Why are cars going underground or jumping sides of the highway on the NC Pieces?"

Answer:

Quote from: Tarkus on May 10, 2010, 10:38:22 AM
[T]hat's how the Neighbor Connector pieces are actually supposed to work.  Basically, what they do is take the old "loop connector" trick and move it underground, so you don't have to look at the "Nicole Richie Effect" on the surface.  The traffic actually needs to do that in order for the neighbor connection to function properly.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

thornyjohny

Will the DDRHW-4 be in the same direction(are they the same lane) or the opposite direction or will there be both?

jdenm8

Top deck goes one way.
Bottom deck goes the opposite.

There will not be any variations (No matter how many arguments are entered into. It will not change)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Opkl

I saw on older RHW pictures that the networks had guardrails.  Will those ever be coming back to the RHW?

Korot

Those guard-rails were a mod for a previous version, so it really depends on how much demand there is and/or a modder is willing to make a separate cosmetic mod for the new RHW, and keep it updated with every new version.

Regards,
Korot

Korot

Hmm, will the barrier continue underneath the FlexSPUI? And the shadow be fixed?
Apart from that, great progres!

Regards,
Korot

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ivo_su

Well this is really something that  I dreamed and I can not wait  to use it.  I'm really  very pleased  that the  RHW-6c  can move  in FlexSPUI because I mostly use my extensive networks in the  regions.  I never  knew whether there would be RHW-10c but since I know RHW-8c will receive full support from  overpasses, it will become the dominant to me.

-Ivo

GDO29Anagram

Just for the heck of it: A double FARHW-4 piece.

It's actually a 3x3 piece, but it overhangs slightly on the corners. Don't ask for a double FARHW-6S piece, because that's what the FARHW-6C piece is for. Think of it as a 4C piece.

Anyone wanna carry on? "$Deal"$
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

noahclem

Beautiful work GDO29Anagram  &apls   I've been hoping for someone to start work on this, especially since FA6C and FAave started development. I won't ask for FA6S of course, but I would like to suggest to the community an RHW6S to FA RHW 6C transition.

MR.Y

@Tarkus: that's stylisch, I think, this must be reaeased...

Houston_Fan

The FlexSPUI looks very nice!  It only needs some stop lines on the off-ramps (and a barrier on the RHW mainline) to look perfect!

metarvo

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 20, 2011, 01:52:32 PM
A double FARHW-4 piece

I bet SA would love to see that!  It looks very fine.  ;)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

rhwfanatic221

Quote from: Houston_Fan on July 20, 2011, 03:41:34 PM
The FlexSPUI looks very nice!  It only needs some stop lines on the off-ramps (and a barrier on the RHW mainline) to look perfect!

Technically at least in instances tht I drive through, you'll have crosswalks where the exit ramps intersect w/an avenue. And of course yes you'll also see a stopline showing traffic where they should stop. Other than tht I believe this model tht you have shown looks on-par w/a typical SPUI intersection.

ps2owner

j-dub

Ugh. Much more realism, that this elevated TuLEP/RHW X setup "almost" looks like Butterfield Rd and Highland Ave, which I won't reveal where in the US, but from experience when you make one intersection over a highway instead of two signalized ramp junctions, it really, really moves the traffic better. Remember that next time to all you "real" traffic engineers.

Exla357

Uhh Tarkus, how exactly do the exiting cars turning left know when to stop or go? I don't think they can see the signal from that angle  "$Deal"$

Tarkus

Quote from: Exla357 on July 20, 2011, 06:59:21 PM
Uhh Tarkus, how exactly do the exiting cars turning left know when to stop or go? I don't think they can see the signal from that angle  "$Deal"$

They can't, and due to the way the stop point mechanism works, there's not really a way to fix that, unfortunately.  Trust me, I've tried.  And shall keep trying. ;)

-Alex