• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Republic of Georgiapolis - Smyros, Kypakos, Yiannopolis

Started by Giorgos, July 27, 2007, 07:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S_imon

Excelent work, very realistic and beautiful city center. I have reservations for w2w buildings - often it end with a blank wall. You've got wonderful diagonal street.
I'll check back later for a new screenshots!

PS. Can You give me a link for the building in first foreground in the six screenhot?

bat

Wonderful looking pictures of Elionias!! Great canals! Also fantastic work! :thumbsup:

Giorgos

Simon, I would love to give you the link but I am not sure which building you are talking about. Either the big hotel in the middle of the last pic in the last update or the theatre to the left of the pic? Am I right?

rooker1

Wow......great work on the post cards.  Awesome idea.  In the last update i relly like your use of the diagonal buildings.  The city is looking great.  Can we get a high view of the overall city, please.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Emperor Stormont

What a fabulous set of previous updates. I loved the postcards, what did you use for that??

The cities are realistic, great use of custom content and so well presented, all in all a fantastic MD  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Giorgos

I have produced this update in the hope of promoting awareness of the devastating forest fires that have destroyed half of Greece and that have killed many people over the past week. If you can, I ask that you make a small contribution to the I Help Greece fund which aims at reconstructing the lost areas in Greece and which will help the afflicted citizens of Greece.

http://www.ihelp.gr

The fire has now threatened the small village of Asproli in the south of Kypakos, just below Kato Bay.
Georgiapolis is asking for the assistance of fellow nations to help put out the flames which threaten this sacred land. 

Emperor Stormont

If you wish Atlantis can send aircraft to help with water dropping, they can leave Atlantis and be with you in 3 hours.

I have watched in such horror as Greece has burned, such a terrible thing to watch on TV and the worst part is these fires did not start naturally, such a disgrace and showing a total lack of respect for ones nation as well as murder. Terrible indeed.

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

dedgren

Giorgos, congratulations!

...Postcards from an amazing place...

The Staff
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Very great update, my friend. Excellent job tying in the tragedies in Greece into your MD. And congratulations on making the September Special Interest MDs!

Giorgos

Wow, Thanks!
I truly am honoured.  :thumbsup:

Thankyou guys so much.
But now I have the bad news...the village town of Asproli which you saw surrounded by flames has now been caught on fire. Unfortunately there was wind blowing in the direction of the town and the towns 19th century hotel and a new house has caught on fire.

It looks like there is not much stopping this fire and the townspeople have gathered in the church for saviour.
We appreciate the aid from Atlantis and all other nations.  ()sad()

Emperor Stormont

Aircraft have been sent and we also making available funding for reconstruction and aid

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

nedalezz

Thank god the actual fires in Greece are now contained. What a tradegy.

As for the fires in Georgiapolis, Qumma would love to send help your way, but we are too poor a nation :(

However, Berber Dawa has donated $5,000,000 to help fight the fires and rebuilt after they are stopped.

And a big congratulations on your award, mate!

urban

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

bat

yes, great looking fire! :)

Edit: and congrats on your award! &apls

rooker1

Congrats on the award and your photoshop skills are very good.  I'm very jealous!

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

WoW ive missed a few updates here, The PS of the flames are awsome!!!! The nation of Castia is willing to
send aid in rebuilding and brand new equipment for fire fighting, along with some airsupport to contain the
fires at large.  I hope this is taken care of and all is well...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Giorgos

Sanctuary of Heron archaeological site under threat!

The Sanctuary of Heron archaeological site which was one of the first ever SWESCO Heritage sites has caught on fire after several days of being surrounded by flames. The site caught ablaze early this morning while aerial and ground fire crews have tried desperately to protect the 3000 year old site from further destruction.

The sites automated emergency sprinklers are active but authorities say they are not doing much to save the century old ruins.

The SWESCO World Heritage site in its first presentation picture and below; the site as it appears at the moment

Georgiapolis is seeking urgent assistance at protecting all monuments of cultural significance including Sanctuary of Heron.

Emperor Stormont

Again fabulous work with the flames, it looks fantastic.

Atlantis, if you wish, can send advanced fire dampening equipment and materials, these materials prevents fires from occuring in Atlantis.....

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bat

rooker1

Super update again.  Love the fire effects.

Robin  :thumbsup: 
Call me Robin, please.