• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dexist

yeah i am missing the avenu flups too(i only have the avenue to underground)
and the oneway roads

io_bg

I've got almost the same problem as mrtnrln - I can't find the one-way underpasses. Something more - when I plop the Y highway interchange, the game freezes. It doesn't crash, it only freezes. Any ideas about this?

Quote from: Dexistyeah i am missing the avenu flups too(i only have the avenue to underground)
You have to use the regular underground pieces (the same that were in the older NAM)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Dexist

so i just use a avenue ramp then i continue with 2 underground roads??

MandelSoft

To make it more clear, I've no new features at all:

- The CAN-AM shows an red arrow bug, although the NAM_Controller is up to date.
- The Tram-on-street button gives me Tram-on-road puzzle pieces.
- No new Y-interchange
- No new FLUP pieces
- No new GLR pieces
- No new T-RAM pieces

Nothing at all!

What is wrong with the NAM?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Dexist

did you first uninstal the old nam?

and did you used all the options as you used in the old nam.

Dexist

MandelSoft

I uninstalled the NAM TWICE and re-installed the latest version, so I think it's not an installation problem.

And yes, I used all the options.

BarbyW

CAN-AM is waiting for the terminals and freight wharves to be uploaded later today. You will not have moving boats until you have them.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

choco

easiest way to test if the NAM is bad...

- remove everything from your plugins folder
- install NAM (not essentials), making sure to install the right controller (RHD vs. LHD)
- test

if it works, your have a conflict in your plugins.  if not, then try installing the essentials.  test again. 

MandelSoft

FINALLY! The new NAM is working! After some DAT-packing, the problem is solved. Still don't know what caused the problem in the first place...

io_bg

Quote from: choco on June 22, 2009, 07:58:44 AM
easiest way to test if the NAM is bad...
- remove everything from your plugins folder
- install NAM (not essentials), making sure to install the right controller (RHD vs. LHD)
- test
if it works, your have a conflict in your plugins.  if not, then try installing the essentials.  test again. 
Thanks for the tip, choco. I tried that and after removing all my plugins everything worked like it should. After I moved the other plugins back, I get that problem again. I reinstalled the NAM and the essentials but the problem remains. &mmm
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Amtrak7

My road-over-avenue T problem still exists in the new NAM.
El-rail over Avenue corner problem still exists.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug, but GLR can't go under el-highway or monorail???

bob56

Another question

I feel really stupid asking this, as I'm sure it's right in front of me... &ops

I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find the ped-mall tiles! I can find the GLR-on, El-on, ect. but where is the general ped-mall tiles (like in the readme)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Amtrak7

bob56

Thanks!!!!

Quote from: bob56 on June 22, 2009, 02:50:37 PM

I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find the ped-mall tiles!

I guess not... :D

Thanks Amtrak 7!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Chrisim

Quote from: Amtrak7 on June 22, 2009, 02:47:02 PM
I don't know if this is a bug, but GLR can't go under el-highway or monorail???
There are puzzle pieces for these two cases

Please describe the other problems in more detail.

Amtrak7

The first one is my post on page 60 of this thread.
The other one is plunderer's post on page 62.

choco

Quote from: io_bg on June 22, 2009, 11:48:59 AM
Thanks for the tip, choco. I tried that and after removing all my plugins everything worked like it should. After I moved the other plugins back, I get that problem again. I reinstalled the NAM and the essentials but the problem remains. &mmm
you'll have to filter thru your other plugins to find which is causing the conflict.  the NAM would be fine since it worked without all your other plugins installed. 

try cutting the remaining plugin files in half, leaving some in the plugins folder and taking half out.  if the problem is still there, then you know that the half of the files outside the plugins folder does not contain the conflicting file.  repeat until you find the suspect file. 

JoeST

I am just wondering why there are diagonal Highway and diagonal Road over Highway textures in the diagonal street plugin. Also, why are textures like 7AB50E44 1ABE787D 5F5020__ (diagonal Street to diagonal Road) not used?

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bakerton

I have a problem that I tired to solve, but can't. I have the STR (single track rail) installed, but in the game I get a red arrow. Secondly, I have installed the avenue turn lanes, but I get the default maxis avenue intersection (ie no turn lanes). I have uninstalled the old NAM followed the instructions to the letter, but I still get the same problem and my brain feels like gel trying to solve everything. Any help or advice will be welcomed. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.