• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

End_of_Eternity

Hi guys! First of all, I'd like to thank you for this awesome work to keep simcity 4 new and awesome. EA should let you guys have the source code for SC4, so we could have all the goodies like CAM/NAM and bunch of other stuff built in.

I have a few issue with my GLR/Rail system in one of my cities.

1. Are there any puzzle pieces that allow a diagonal road to cross a GLR line and still keep the road diagonal. Currently I just used two special GLR in road puzzle pieces, but this breaks the diagonal nature of the road and makes it straight for two blocks.

2. In any cities in which I have GLR and regular rail, my advisers ask me if would like to merge transit networks. Can this be done? Or does the game just think that GLR and rail are the some things?

3. I mostly use 'Elevated Rail' puzzle pieces for rail network in urban areas (not the original el rail, but the pieces that make regular rail elevated), I was wondering if there are any rail station that can be plopped directly on the elevated rail section? Kind of like the monorail station or the El rail station. The regular rail station also looks a little out of place in my urban areas, really annoying.

Thanks! 

z

Quote from: End_of_Eternity on November 24, 2009, 10:06:47 AM
1. Are there any puzzle pieces that allow a diagonal road to cross a GLR line and still keep the road diagonal. Currently I just used two special GLR in road puzzle pieces, but this breaks the diagonal nature of the road and makes it straight for two blocks.

Such pieces don't currently exist for GLR-in-Road or GLR-in-Avenue, but I too have sorely missed them, and I think that they would be an excellent addition.  (Hint, hint.)

2. In any cities in which I have GLR and regular rail, my advisers ask me if would like to merge transit networks. Can this be done? Or does the game just think that GLR and rail are the some things?

GLR is actually a form of the standard el rail.  Your adviser wants you to merge it with the subway.  Cogeo made this happen automatically for the RTMT GLR-in-Avenue stations.

3. I mostly use 'Elevated Rail' puzzle pieces for rail network in urban areas (not the original el rail, but the pieces that make regular rail elevated), I was wondering if there are any rail station that can be plopped directly on the elevated rail section? Kind of like the monorail station or the El rail station. The regular rail station also looks a little out of place in my urban areas, really annoying.

Right now, there are some Victorian-style stations that do what you want.  You can find them here.

Wilfried

Hello there,

Is anyone working on soft OWR and RHW-2 curves and are they gonna be released with NAM 4.0?

Temphage

Having a problem here - I have no GLR stations. I have every piece of GLR imaginable EXCEPT the stations. What gives?

Blue Lightning

Temphage: GLR Stations are downloaded separately. Search the LEX and STEX for them. NAM doesn't include them due to our no-lots  policy.

Wilfried: WRC OWR should be in the next NAM, and WRC RHW-2 should be in RHW v4.0
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

strucka

Can someone please help! I have issues with my High speed rail (HSR). The pylons from the monorail are still showing up. On both GHSR and HSR (I also DL'd the BLT mod and there's the same thing).

Thank you for your help.

dragonshardz

I'm assuming BLT means Bullet Train Mod. There is a compatibility patch for the Bullet Train Mod and the HSRP.

It's here, under "Patches."

z

Quote from: dragonshardz on November 30, 2009, 04:48:10 PM
I'm assuming BLT means Bullet Train Mod.

Unless he downloaded the Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato mod by mistake.  That could certainly cause a problem.   :D

strucka

I'm sorry, yes the BLT is the Bullet Train Mod, but the issue is not that it's this:

Quote from: Jonathan on August 23, 2007, 08:02:43 AM

[/quote

It's those pylons you can see on Jonathans GHSR trail.

Jonathan

That means the file were not installed properly, modified or there is a conflicting plugin (though can't imagine what it would be).

Try reinstalling the HSRP.

Blue Lightning

You need to install the HSRP-BTM patch (as dragonshardz said above), found here.

Also, if you already did install the patch before, take the monorail tool and draw over it again.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

MattyFo

Ok, i am redoin my a highway at the south end of the Island i am working on....I'm going to be posting a picture to make everything clearer.  But first, a bit of history.  You'll see in the image below that the highway is currently going around a small industrial area.  Before i started this project the highway went right through the industrial area and was riddled with stop lights and heavy traffic, i had tons of Simoleons so i figured i could afford to make a big interchange here.  anyways here's my problem,  as you can see in the image(maybe) is that all the eastbound(northbound) traffic, whether it is leaving or entering the industrial area, it has to cross over the highway.  I cant seem to find any MIS overpasses over the RHW2 or vice versa.  so i tried to make FLUPs but can't get the highway to run under the MIS.  if anyone has any ideas on what i can do given the space i have around the highway i would really appreciate it.

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

MattyFo

NEVER MIND FOLKS!!!! I found the NAM essentials on the LEX and it had road over MIS which is good enough for me!

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

wouanagaine

Can someone please help me find out why I have road disappearing and a strange avenue/road crossing in the following pics ( and why I have a left turn line where there is no left turn )

There is a road, and if I try to rebuild it, my cursor and the road preview turn brown

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

ebina

Quote from: wouanagaine on December 13, 2009, 11:29:10 PM
Can someone please help me find out why I have road disappearing and a strange avenue/road crossing in the following pics ( and why I have a left turn line where there is no left turn )
There is a road, and if I try to rebuild it, my cursor and the road preview turn brown
It appears there was a mistake, the NAM Controller r27s includes the NWM related RULs which should have not been left in the public controller.
I think you have access to the private exchange. Please try to install the controller that supports the TuLEP. Since I cannot reproduce the issue if I use most recent development build, draggable TLs for the NWM seem to be disabled in newer revisions.

If anyone else need a fix for the issue, please wait for the next NAM update.

wouanagaine

Ok, but even if I have access to the devex, I've not downloaded anything

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Chrisim

Ebina tried to tell that there is a bug in the NAM controller file (and I can reproduce the problem with the official June 2009 version), but it has been corrected in the development version. You are privileged to have access to it, so you can download the solution (the latest controller) - you know where to find it ...