• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jondor

Quote from: mcarch on August 03, 2010, 08:07:13 PM
I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in.  I searched for the NWM but only found one entry.

There seems to be a sound issue when building any part of the Network Widening Mod.  The sound of construction continues even though construction has finished.  So far this has only occured with the NWM pieces, not with any other network type or mod.

I've noticed that too.  Usually if I scroll away and build something somewhere else, it goes away.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Tarkus

I usually play the game with the sound off, so I haven't noticed that myself . . . is there any network in particular on which its occurring?  I could see something like that maybe happening with the TLAs because of the crossover turn lane paths.

-Alex

jondor

It definitely happens on the TLA-5 and I think also on the TLA-3.  So crossover paths are a good bet.

Which is one thing that has been bugging me:  Why does the TLA-3 have paths to the sidewalk edges of the tile when they aren't needed?  Wouldn't paths to the center lane be enough for compatibility with the dragged intersections?
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

mcarch

Not sure when it happens for me.  Yesterday I was just experiementing with straight pieces of the 6 lane avenue.  I didn't cross it with anything.  I plopped the starter peice and then drug to make it longer.

Jondor:  I've actually tried that, but the sound is just muffled.  If you zoom back in to where the sound was greater it is still there.

MutantPlatypus

I think the starter piece always makes construction sounds.  Did you remember to bulldoze it?

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

fully2005

Hi All,

I am having a few problems with the RHW mod.

First sometimes when I am placing my exit or entrance ramps, they do not rotate properly, or at all.  If I place the preview puzzle piece to the side and rotate it to the correct orientation then move over to the road, it will sometimes invert.  But it depends on which tile I choose.  Pictures are attached:

The second issue I am having is that the preview puzzle piece disappears.  I then zoom in or zoom out or change tile pieces and it reappears.  Again picture is attached:

Finally I am having trouble attaching ramps.  I have attached a ramp example:

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.  I would love to use this tool, but sadly have had no luck finding a solution.

Thanks to the community.

jondor

Quote from: fully2005 on August 09, 2010, 02:39:53 PM
Hi All,

I am having a few problems with the RHW mod.

First sometimes when I am placing my exit or entrance ramps, they do not rotate properly, or at all.  If I place the preview puzzle piece to the side and rotate it to the correct orientation then move over to the road, it will sometimes invert.  But it depends on which tile I choose.  Pictures are attached:
[images]

The plopable exit/entrance ramps have a tendency to do that on uneven terrain and when used on a RHW-4 with no median tiles (or both as it looks like it your pictures).  I would suggest reading the readme files and trying out the DRIs (Draggable Ramp Interfaces).  I find it much easier to precisely control where your ramps are placed.  Also make sure the terrain is level or try bulldozing one side of the highway, placing a ramp on the other side and then redrawing the bulldozed portion and placing a ramp there.

The second issue I am having is that the preview puzzle piece disappears.  I then zoom in or zoom out or change tile pieces and it reappears.  Again picture is attached:
[image]

The previews are drawn perfectly level even the terrain isn't, so they can disappear under a slope.

Finally I am having trouble attaching ramps.  I have attached a ramp example:
[image]

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.  I would love to use this tool, but sadly have had no luck finding a solution.

Thanks to the community.

In this case, you are trying to bend the MIS too close to the ramp, it will need to parallel the highway for a tile or two before the curve.  Or you could use a B ramp instead.  I may be wrong, but I have found that the DRI version of the A and B ramps require one fewer tile before a curve can be placed, so that may also be an option.

fully2005

Thank you Jondor for the very prompt response, that solved all my problems.  I was following a tutorial on YouTube and it used the preset ramps.  The DRI was much much easier to use.  Also thanks for clarifying the disappearing puzzle piece problem.   :thumbsup:

mcarch

Quote from: MutantPlatypus on August 04, 2010, 07:23:02 PM
I think the starter piece always makes construction sounds.  Did you remember to bulldoze it?

Im talking about when everything is bulldozed and the game is ran for a bit.  The construction noise is still there.

j-dub

Is it still there when you save, quit, and reload the city again?

mcarch

Paul 999

Today i have install the new version of NAM, whit the RHW and NWM.

I had one problem, when i will build some RHW parts it looks like this:

I have unistall the old files and use the cleaning tool before i install the new part.

Who can help me?

jdenm8

That issue has been reported in the RHW thread and I believe that it will be sorted as soon as possible.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

j-dub

@mcarch: Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the sound jamming up is a Maxis related error, unless you want to pull the sound.dat out of your installation folder, and go without sound, I am afraid your stuck. Other annoying Maxis transit errors include the automatta ghosts, when vehicles like freight trucks or trains disappear, they don't always go all the way, and a part of them, or the rest of them leaves an annoying, transparent, but visible "ghost" corpse behind.

Since saving, and quitting, then reloading don't get rid of the ghost thing, the sound thing I guess is another that can get added to that list of Maxis' bad coding.

If you guys don't believe me about the ghost thing, query over a piece of rail that has a long freight train on it, bull doze it, see that when they try to fade away, they don't do so all the way, and their ghost gets stuck when you query over that spot again. I don't recommend saving the game after this.

Tarkus

Quote from: Paul 999 on August 15, 2010, 04:10:35 AM
Today i have install the new version of NAM, whit the RHW and NWM.

I had one problem, when i will build some RHW parts it looks like this:

A bug that was the result of trying to fix another bug.  The preview texture had its IIDs changed to eliminate a sidewalk bug, and the transition models didn't get switched to the new one.

-Alex

gecko001

Hello, I downloaded and installed NAMv29. During install, I chose to include Tuleps as one of my options. I regret that now. I opened my "test" city in my region after the new NAM install, and found that Tuleps had created No Road Access zots in many areas of the city. I have three screenshots which should make clear what happened. I edited in arrows and text to make things clear. My question is: is this fixable on a city-wide scale, or will I need to continue fixing each little affected section? Barring that, how do I uninstall the Tuleps portion of NAMv29? ..gecko001
pic 1: abondonment due to Tulep installation:

pic 2: overlaying road dragged: No Road zots disappear (edit: notice that the Tuleps lane markings disappear after dragging new road over the old east-west road):

pic 3: after bulldozing abandoned buildings, zones re-develop:

Tarkus

Actually, the network segments you're referring to are part of the Road Turning Lane (RTL) Plugin, which is not part of TuLEPs.

Could you post a pic of the setup with the RTL in place but with the DrawPaths cheat turned on?  Additionally, there could be additional issues in your city that may be causing it--the buildings may have already been abandoned in your second image, which is a signal to the game to turn off the zots.

-Alex

j-dub

Furthering Tarkus, since they are not the same, it is possible during the NAM installation, you only selected TuLEP's but not the Road Turning Lane plugin. (after all there a lot of different features and choices for you to make during installation) Not rechecking the RTL can cause the paths not to show up, while the textures may still be there. I think something like this has actually happened before for someone else, they were still getting the textures, but since the Road Turn Lanes were not check-marked, they were not installed, and the paths did not show up for them.

The main difference between RTL and TuLEPs:

Road Turn Lane plugin -automatic change

TuLEPs plugin -manual change

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on August 16, 2010, 04:53:39 PM
Furthering Tarkus, since they are not the same, it is possible during the NAM installation, you only selected TuLEP's but not the Road Turning Lane plugin. (after all there a lot of different features and choices for you to make during installation) Not rechecking the RTL can cause the paths not to show up, while the textures may still be there. I think something like this has actually happened before for someone else, they were still getting the textures, but since the Road Turn Lanes were not check-marked, they were not installed, and the paths did not show up for them.

I think you hit the nail on the head there, j-dub.  Since gecko001 is using the Euro textures, the RTL is still showing up, but the paths are likely missing.

-Alex

Andreas

I figure that many users seem to forget selecting the RTL plugin during the NAM installation, which I don't really understand, since the plugin has been optional (not selected by default) since the very first NAM installer. Maybe we should point this out even more prominently in the NAM FAQs.
Andreas