• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeguy

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I was wondering if there was any known conflicts with the tram-in-road and neighbor connections? I am saying this because I have been building on a city for a while, and lately I have been experiencing a lot of CTD's, particularly since adding a new tram network in it. Also, I have replaced some road connections with tram-in-road, and after about three game months, as more and more people start to use the tram network, it crashes. So I was wondering if perhaps there is a bug in the tram-in-road addon and connecting it with neighbor cities?

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Haljackey

So I was trying to replicate this junction when I encountered a problem.

...Diagonal raised road over orthogonal rail does not exist, but it does for GLR!

Eventually I decided to do without the overpasses and make a rail tunnel instead.

...Are elevated roundabouts also a possibility?  ::)

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on December 17, 2010, 10:15:21 AM
So I was trying to replicate this junction when I encountered a problem.

Really clever little junction, I have to say--and man, you guys have gotten a lot of snow. :o

...Diagonal raised road over orthogonal rail does not exist, but it does for GLR!

Actually, it's been in the NAM since at least Version 19 (September 2005) . . . probably earlier, though as that was the first version I had used, I can't vouch for it.  Just rotate the OxO one and you'll find it:

...Are elevated roundabouts also a possibility?  ::)

Sounds like it could be a good job for "RABETs" (Roundabout Extension Tiles) . . . ::)

-Alex

malibu_man

May be a stupid question but, I was wondering the difference between tram-in road and tram-on road? ()what()

Tarkus

Quote from: malibu_man on December 17, 2010, 10:41:02 AM
May be a stupid question but, I was wondering the difference between tram-in road and tram-on road? ()what()

Tram-In-Road means that there are tram tracks in the center of the roadway.

Tram-On-Road is the same thing, except that cars can share the inner track lanes with the trams, kind of like a Streetcar system.

-Alex

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on December 17, 2010, 10:23:52 AM

Actually, it's been in the NAM since at least Version 19 (September 2005) . . . probably earlier, though as that was the first version I had used, I can't vouch for it.  Just rotate the OxO one and you'll find it:

I always thought so. Just wanted to make sure it was still in there since raised road curves were added to the NAM.

Perhaps it's the facelift mod that I'm using for raised networks that's causing the problem. I've tried every rotation several times and can't find the piece. I'll remove the mod and check if it's there.

About the roundabout, yes it's a very unique junction, and we've got over 120cm of snow over the past two weeks. 

RABET reminds me or rabbits.  :P

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on December 17, 2010, 11:43:27 AM
RABET reminds me or rabbits.  :P

Indeed . . . ::)

They'll probably multiply like them, too. :D  There's been quite a bit of demand for them for awhile now . . . the TuLEPs approach has kind of "paved the way" for something similar on the roundabout end.

-Alex

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Tarkus on December 17, 2010, 02:05:38 PM

Now it reminds ME of the rabbit from Happy Tree Friends...

The RA equivalent of TuLEPs... The logo needs work; Just sticking rabbit ears on a standard Ave-4 RA just won't cut it, but it drives the point home. It's only gonna be a matter of time...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

Ha ha, RABBETs...  $%Grinno$%

Sounds like a good idea, the flexibility in roundabouts at current is kinda poor.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Ciuu96

RABETs look very nice, I use roundabouts often and have been waiting for something like this. Funny name too  :)
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

VeTram

Is there any way to change the texture in Pedestrian Mall tiles , and if yes how please?   Thanks
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on December 17, 2010, 02:05:38 PM

They'll probably multiply like them, too. :D  There's been quite a bit of demand for them for awhile now . . . the TuLEPs approach has kind of "paved the way" for something similar on the roundabout end.

-Alex

OMG you're actually serious about this? I thought you were just making a pun... That's awesome news!

You'd be surprised how practical such a piece would be. Most raised networks are tight, so having compact junctions is a massive plus in terms of realism.

VeTram

Please an answer to my question above?.......just to help i have followed those directions from another thread i read , in which Andreas wrote..."Title: Re: Pedestrian mall without the pole
Post by: Andreas on December 04, 2007, 08:51:30 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: capo on December 04, 2007, 05:35:55 PM
Should I also use the reader to edit the base texture of the Ped Mall and if so...could you tell me how? :)

Well, you could, but I suggest to use the Lot Editor for this task. Technically speaking, every item on a lot (buildings, textures, props, transit enabling etc.) is stored in a "LotConfigPropertyLotObject" property that holds several values for orientation, location etc. on the lot. Usually, these properties have 13 REPs (values), and the last one is the ID of the texture, prop etc. So if you want to change a texture, you could simply change the ID in the last REP - but this only works if you either know the meaning of every REP so you can locate the texture manually, or if the lot has just one tile, so there is only one LotConfig property for the texture. But there's still the orientation of the texture if it isn't symmetric and so on.

In essence, using the Lot Editor as a visual aid is necessary for every step - and actually, the layout of the "network tile" that reflects the ped mall puzzle piece with the lamppost has been created with the Lot Editor as well. After creating a simple 1x1 lot with the lamppost prop (or any other layout), you can copy the respective LotConfig properties to the type 21 exemplar file in order to change the layout of the ped mall puzzle piece. Technically, it's as simple as that (though you need to take care of the orientation as well for more complex layouts), it's just a very tedious work to copy properties back and forth, and constantly testing them in the game, since it's the only way to preview the actual looks of those tiles."

I just pasted the exact answer , but although i followed right the only result i got was that i now have the Ped Mall tile with no pole , but i care about the texture to replace ...pls some help :)

For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

Tarkus

VeTram, all you need to do to change the PedMall textures is simply to create a new .dat and import a new texture at the same IID as the one you want to replace, making sure the new .dat loads after the NAM.

The valid texture IIDs are as follows:

0x5526710E - Standard PedMall
0x5526720E - Paved PedMall
0x553F200E - Cobblestone PedMall
0x553F201E - Red Brick PedMall
0x553F202E - Grass PedMall
0x553F203E - Sandstone PedMall

I'd recommend using null45's Batch PNGToFSH tool for the task.  Just name the 128x128px PNG file after the IID for the PedMall texture(s) you want to replace (if you want to replace the Standard one, just name the file 0x5526710E.png), then hit "New dat" in the Batch PNGToFSH program, drag the PNG from the folder into the Window, and once it gets added to the list in the program, hit "Save dat", give the .dat a name, and your texture should be ready.

Hope that helps!

Quote from: Haljackey on December 18, 2010, 10:23:25 AM
OMG you're actually serious about this? I thought you were just making a pun... That's awesome news!

Yes, we are quite serious about it . . . there's been talk of it off and on for several months now, with a few prototypes being drawn up during that time.  The critical mass has been building up again for it, so it's only a matter of time.  It'll need a better logo than my 5 minute quickie job (:D), but the pieces themselves are the higher priority, of course. :)

-Alex

noahclem

That roundabout-over-rail/glr looks great! Seeing something similar in SC4 would be great  :thumbsup:

I actually really like the logo as-is  :D  (with a minor texture cleanup) The only improvement I'd like to see is a cute rabbit-like creature in the center of the roundabout. Perhaps GDO29Anagram would consider lending his avatar to the cause?

jdenm8

The Happy Tree Friends comment gave me an idea, but it'd prolly include too much copyrighted content.

I'd love to have oversized roundabouts and proper pill roundabouts (they have straight sides and aren't too common, though they can be made with OWR I guess).

I guess Prioritised (Not round :P ) Roundabouts (Like the Mt Coo-tha Roundabout) would be a bit too much to ask though. It acts more like an at-grade motorway interchange than a Roundabout.

And how about FLEXfly? (Though that might be a bit too much to ask, with scale problems)

Then again, Road, street and OWR compatibility with the Avenue Roundabout would be far more important.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

VeTram

First of all thanks so much Tarkus for your advice.  It is true that i tried very hard to follow your way , although i am not an expert at all !...The result is that unfortunately i failed after about 2 hours of trying , and i am ready to give up , unless some more help may be offered...the texture of the standard PedMall insist to remain in its place.. :'(...thanks anyway :)

GDO29Anagram

You got custom textures that aren't showing? Make sure it loads AFTER the NAM; Add ZZZ in front of the file's name.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

VeTram

Yes a custom texture my friend , and yes i added zzz  in front of the .dat file and still  doesnt work!...i am afraid i have done something wrong...i need some more details instructions ...thanks