• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: VeTram on December 19, 2010, 09:54:48 PM
Yes a custom texture my friend , and yes i added zzz  in front of the .dat file and still  doesnt work!...i am afraid i have done something wrong...i need some more details instructions ...thanks

Plugin load order may have something to do with it.  Try creating a zzz subfolder in your Plugins and moving the .dat in there, to ensure it loads after the NAM.

-Alex

VeTram

O.K  Let me please insist a little bit more .......

Quote from: Tarkus on December 19, 2010, 12:10:27 AM
VeTram, all you need to do to change the PedMall textures is simply to create a new .dat and import a new texture at the same IID as the one you want to replace, making sure the new .dat loads after the NAM.

The valid texture IIDs are as follows:

0x5526710E - Standard PedMall
0x5526720E - Paved PedMall
0x553F200E - Cobblestone PedMall
0x553F201E - Red Brick PedMall
0x553F202E - Grass PedMall
0x553F203E - Sandstone PedMall
-Alex

O.K understood since now.... :)

Quote from: Tarkus on December 19, 2010, 12:10:27 AM
VeTram, I'd recommend using null45's Batch PNGToFSH tool for the task.  Just name the 128x128px PNG file after the IID for the PedMall texture(s) you want to replace (if you want to replace the Standard one, just name the file 0x5526710E.png), then hit "New dat" in the Batch PNGToFSH program, drag the PNG from the folder into the Window, and once it gets added to the list in the program, hit "Save dat", give the .dat a name, and your texture should be ready.

-Alex

O.K  i  downloaded and installed null45's Batch PNGToFSH tool ( although i am not familiar at all !...)

next.... where should i find the PNG file (128x128px) you mention?... and which file do you mean? .....Do you mean the file with the new texture or do you mean the original file with the standard texture in NetworkAddonMod5.dat?....
In the first case , ( the file with the new texture that i want to enter instead of the original one)   how should i find it ?..... ()what()

I think that this is what i am doing wrong , and the rest is easy..So , pls help.. &hlp

For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

Tarkus

Quote from: VeTram on December 20, 2010, 11:39:50 AM
next.... where should i find the PNG file (128x128px) you mention?... and which file do you mean? .....Do you mean the file with the new texture or do you mean the original file with the standard texture in NetworkAddonMod5.dat?....
In the first case , ( the file with the new texture that i want to enter instead of the original one)   how should i find it ?..... ()what()

The PNG file of the new texture, which should be wherever you saved it.

-Alex

VeTram

ok that file i also used , named it the way you wrote etc ...but now here comes the key of the problem....i have used a one of the alternative textures proposed for the BSC Parks series , which is in my plugins folder inside BSC Parks and named ...BSC_Park_Textures_GreyRock.dat...
so,....where should i find that PNG file with that texture?
Hope i dont write nonsenses , and hope to help me as it is critical for my project.. :)
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

eldaldo

Hello,

I am getting a CTD when I plop the Maxis Car/passenger ferry.  I found that when I remove the NAM I can plop the ferry.  Any suggestions as to why this may be?  I tried re installing the NAM and it still doesn't work.  I Don't think I've downloaded anything remotely ferry related anytime recently either . . .

Tarkus

Quote from: eldaldo on December 20, 2010, 11:20:55 PM
Hello,

I am getting a CTD when I plop the Maxis Car/passenger ferry.  I found that when I remove the NAM I can plop the ferry.  Any suggestions as to why this may be?  I tried re installing the NAM and it still doesn't work.  I Don't think I've downloaded anything remotely ferry related anytime recently either . . .

You have a NAM Controller file from Version 28 of the NAM (the May 2010 release) somewhere in your Plugins.  The AutoPlace Fractional Angle Roads functionality that was included in it caused unforeseen issues with the Car Ferry.  It was fixed with the Version 29 release from August 2010.  Install it and ensure that any outdated files from the previous NAM have been removed.

-Alex

eldaldo

Thanks so much Tarkus!!! That plugins folder can be a messy place, I'll go hunting for the file tonight!

VeTram

O.K Finally success! :) :) :) :)...with almost the way Tarkus described a few posts ago...Thanks anyway Tarkus

The bad thing is that the colour of the new texture of Ped Mall Tile is a little more whiter than the original texture , which makes a difference noticable by the eye.....it seems that the old (white) texture still exist under the new one......i wonder if there is someth we can do....anyone?

and if you wonder why i want to use a different texture with the Ped Mall tile , i want so because i want to make a park with some functional LM with jobs inside the park which i think must have connection with the ped mall tile. Or is there any other way?

jdenm8

Actually, it's not because the old texture exists below the new one, it's because there is a small brightness shift on textures for Puzzle Pieces. There was a post that Tarkus made in the RHW thread about a shift value that seems to work for it, so you should try it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

$ Dj D.P.E. $

ok I hope I'm in the right spot for this if not I'm sorry :(

My problem is everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road :( there so post to be on the right but the driving on the left all my roads are set up for right hand driving but there driving down the wrong side my tram roads are not working because of this prob I seen that somewhere on here in that post there was something to change what side of the road they drive on but I had to change the language and umm I only know English and I don't think I need to change it because I want the right side not the left can someone help me please?

by the way I have uninstalled everything down to the game itself and reinstalled it twice now still no change I made sure it was for right side only on everything even tho that is the default for it anyways

nsa3450agent

i got a problem with the NAM traffic mod... :'( i've installed the "ultra" settings as traffic plugins but are still not sufficents for my huge city and i've downloaded the "ilive reader" for increase the limit... i've increased the limit of every road by a "0" (from 65k to 650k) and it's not working the limit is still on the "ultra" settings. i've tested alredy some words and deathtopumpk helped me alredy alot but still not working... someone can help me?  &hlp :)

Tarkus

What kinds of traffic volumes are you getting on the networks that are congested?  That would be the way to tell whether or not there's an installation problem.

Additionally, the game can't display a traffic volume beyond 65,535. 

-Alex

nsa3450agent

is 65535 the limit showed? damn so how i can check if the limit is raised? well in the other transportation types the limit is still the same like on roads that limit is 8k is still on 8k instead of 80k, i've alredy reinstalled it...

Tarkus

Quote from: nsa3450agent on December 31, 2010, 10:22:41 AM
is 65535 the limit showed? damn so how i can check if the limit is raised? well in the other transportation types the limit is still the same like on roads that limit is 8k is still on 8k instead of 80k, i've alredy reinstalled it...

The 65,535 limit applies to the Traffic Query display.  It won't show numbers higher than that.

If you have screenshots of one of the congested networks with the Traffic Query displayed on it and the Traffic Congestion DataView turned on, that will assist in diagnosing.

There's a few possibilities here:
1) You have another file somewhere in your Plugins that contains a modified Traffic Simulator exemplar, and it is conflicting with and loading instead of the NAM Ultra Simulator, resulting in reduced capacities.
2) Your city is just that congested.

-Alex

z

Quote from: nsa3450agent on December 31, 2010, 10:22:41 AM

There is no version of the NAM traffic simulator with a limit of 8k for roads; the Ultra limit is 12k.  I am unaware of any traffic simulator that has a limit of 8k for roads.

Although the Traffic Volume Data View and the Route Query are limited to 65,535, the Traffic Congestion Data View is not.  Therefore, by seeing at what volume point the latter view changes from green to yellow-green, you can get a good idea of what the actual network capacity is.

It sounds to me like you have some sort of installation problem.

nsa3450agent

ok seems that is working now but i'm not so sure :S traffic graph is still on red fixed situation... all crosses appears red... those are still red with limit increased working?

z

That's the intersection effect.  Network capacity is reduced around intersections so that traffic on highly-traveled roads slows down, simulating the effect of stoplights or stop signs.

larlin

This may already be know I tried searching didn't find anything obviusly related.

So here goes:

When using the avenue highway on/off ramp I get that alot of the trffic goes off the ramp and then on again. Creating a huge congestion on the avenue pieace.

Like this:

link

Know or are there any work arounds?

Shiftred

Blue Lightning

You need to update your game to EP1 or higher (you should already be up to the BAT Nightlight update anyways...)

I figured that out back when I reinstalled SC4, realized that I forgot the patches. Applied them and the paths appeared. So yeah... we should probably put that as a requirement/dependency for the NAM...
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project