• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

moonlinght

Hello :)
Please help me about this issue.
When I was using Fukuda's metal arch bridge...

Is there a clue to solve this problem?
I am using NAM of August, 2010 version. And metal arch bridge was downloaded last week.

Thank you.

jdenm8

That's a problem with Fukuda's Bridge. The other one he made has something similar wrong with it.

I think it has to do with the way he coded it, based on the Cantilever I think.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

moonlinght

Quote from: jdenm8 on June 24, 2011, 10:43:05 PM
That's a problem with Fukuda's Bridge. The other one he made has something similar wrong with it.

I think it has to do with the way he coded it, based on the Cantilever I think.

I've got it.
Thank you for your explanation ;)

bombcar

How do you make a road roundabout? I found the tram-in-road pieces, and the avenues, but I cannot find the road one.

z

Just drag a road in a square, and it automatically becomes a roundabout.

six9nc

I want to install the updated nam10 on my new pc.  My old one crashed but I had all my files backed up on an external hard drive.  I have since transfered all my plugins and regions to the new pc.  I have even built a test city.  My question is what are the steps I need to take to ensure a trouble free uninstall and clean install.  I have the June 2010 nam and rhw installed right now.  Also will I have to demo any of the old rhw stuff to mitigate CTDs.  Thanks in advance....
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

jdenm8

Updating to the newer versions is simple.
Simply run the installer for the NAM and install over the top of the existing installation (If you forget something you need, it'll still be in there).
However, the RHW will need a proper uninstall due to the name of the folder that it's contained in changed.

relics8801

Hello NAM team and all.
Thank you very much for your great works the NAM and some additionals. &apls

I have a problem of SC4-Path with some additional-bridges on LEFT HAND Verison.
1 : Ich freue mich auf Ihre Arbeiten Danke
2 : JENXPARIS Pont Alexandre III
These were not have SC4-Path right... &mmm

Ofcourse, I have latest version NAM, and checked out a latest NAM-Essentials fiels as well.
Can you check them again and give me any advice please if you have any idea.

Thank you for your helps  ;)

Edite :
I'm sorry if I mistake of place to post it. Please move it to appropriate thread. ;)
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

jdenm8

Actually, more accurately, they probably just don't have LHD paths at all.

The Tram-in-Road one is to be expected, it's actually an ElRail bridge which needs dedicated paths for LHD (Which Xannepan evidently didn't make)

The Avenue bridge... That only has car paths, so I'm not exactly sure why there are no paths on it.

These are probably more appropriately brought up with Xannepan at the Bridge forum rather than with us, they're not really our responsibility.

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on July 19, 2011, 06:25:06 PM
The Avenue bridge... That only has car paths, so I'm not exactly sure why there are no paths on it.

There's likely an entry remapping it in the LHD Path Remapping section in the Network INI file (in the NAM Bridge Controller)--I'll take a look at that, since I need to tweak that section for something else anyway.

-Alex

relics8801

Quote from: relics8801 on July 19, 2011, 06:14:53 PM
These were not have SC4-Path right... &mmm

@jdenm8 and Tarkus
Thank you for reply.  ;)
Is this Ich freue mich auf Ihre Arbeiten Danke(Tram-in-Road) was not made for compatibled with LeftHandVersion since first ?  Aha, that's really disappointing..... &mmm
I think that hope he write some note like a "It's not compatibled with LHV" in a download page. ;D
Ok, I'll wait for some update for that.  ;)

Thank you for your helps.
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

Andreas

Heh, I don't know why the bridge is named "Ich freue mich auf Ihre Arbeiten Danke", but that is German and translates to "I'm looking forward to your work, thanks". Maybe this actually means it was never completed and the creator was looking forward that someone would finish the modding?
Andreas

jdenm8

I think that could have been a sneaky trick in translation.

moonlinght

Hello :)

I found bug(LHD) of intersection texture today.

Please correct road texture IID ;)

thank you.

mcarch

I have had this problem since the last NAM has been out.  I have brought it to attention and was given way to correct it.  I have done so with without correcting the problem.

I have used starter pieces to Street Addon Mod and Muli-lane Roads.  When these starter peices are constructed there is a construction sound (like there should be).  When construction is complete the sound still continues, even AFTER demolition of said starter peices and all other pieces.  This is in a test city where nothing else exists, so its not nearby roads or other construction.  And yes, I have unpaused the game to let it run YEARS and the sound is still there.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: mcarch on July 25, 2011, 11:52:44 PM
I have used starter pieces to Street Addon Mod and Muli-lane Roads.  When these starter peices are constructed there is a construction sound (like there should be).  When construction is complete the sound still continues, even AFTER demolition of said starter peices and all other pieces.

This is a problem that I myself have also encountered, and it's usually the rail construction sound that plays. It tends to happen when the starters in question are made from Rail, such as the TLA-3 or SAM-1. (See below to see what I'm talking about).

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 22, 2011, 12:24:57 PM

What I do to combat that problem is drag out only four tiles at a time until it's about 8 or 12 tiles from the starter itself. At that point, I can drag out freely without having the infinitely looped sound track occur. If it DOES happen, you could just save and exit to region then enter the city again; The sound will then be gone.

If you drag a network out and it's under a certain amount of tiles (about 4 tiles out), then the construction animation (and SFX) doesn't occur. Keep that in mind.

Why it happens, however, is a mystery to me... &Thk/(
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Wiimeiser

Regarding the bridge problem, I don't think any two-tile bridges are LHD compatible, and I doubt that they even can be.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

Actually, that's a misconception. Half of the time they're just not made (either due to limited knowledge or laziness) or they are and don't make it into release (BL's RHW-4 Suspension Bridge, Ebina had made LHD paths prior to release, but they were never uploaded with the bridge).

All of the Maxis bridges are LHD capable. If they wern't, then I'd say that double-tile bridges were incompatible.

@Moonlight,
Hm... I don't know if that's an IID problem or a RUL error in the original plugin, presumably from a lack of LHD testing (There are a few of these)

MithSimCity

I would like to ask a question concerning the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool of the NAM. If this is not the appropriate thread. I would also appreciate anyone to point me to a thread dealing with the TSCT cause I didn't find it.

So, one thing I would like to know is concerning the park and ride feature: do I need to download specific buildings or can I use those subway stations that say they have parking capacity?

The other thing is concerning to the capacity of avenues and roads. I am using Ultra capacity and roads and avenues have the same capacity (12000). What's the point of putting avenues so? Do cars for instance go faster in avenues than in roads? . I think that the max speed depend on the means of transport (car, train, subway) and not in the 'route' (street, road, highway) I would also like to clarify this.

Thanks for your help!