• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

If you have any loose files in your root Plugins folder that alter slope, sealevel or terrain parameters, they will override the DBE temporary files' parameter modifications, and prevent it from functioning properly.

While it's not a well-known fact, files sitting in the root Plugins folder (not in subfolders) load after files in subfolders.  See here.

The use of the tilde (~) prefix on the name of the DBE's temporary folder actually ensures it loads last of any subfolders within the Plugins folder, as the game loads folders in order of ASCII character values rather than the alphabetical sorting that Windows uses.

-Alex

jacksunny

io_bg

The new diagonal bridges aren't supposed to look like this, are they?

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

jdenm8

I had the exact same issues during testing and it's not an issue with the diagonal bridges, but rather with the cricket/rugby props by rivit.

To fix it, you had to do remove a value in Reader from the prop exemplars that only contains zeros. I'll post better instructions when I have more time to look for them.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

io_bg

I decided to just remove these cricket fields as I've never used them. Thanks for your help!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

josh6

I have a serious problem.
It says there is an error opening the file after the screen with the NAM choices in the installation.

Please help!
thanks

Tarkus

Quote from: josh6 on September 25, 2011, 12:24:28 PM
I have a serious problem.
It says there is an error opening the file after the screen with the NAM choices in the installation.

Please help!
thanks

Never heard of that happening . . . I'd try redownloading the file.

-Alex

josh6

z

It looks to me like you're having a problem installing over an older version of the NAM.  I'd suggest uninstalling your old NAM first.

Kitsune

actually - its because he has sc4 open. Josh - you need to close it first to install.
~ NAM Team Member

josh6

Sorry to be a bother but I came across another problem.

This is what appears when i click on the newly released NAM icons. I deleted/uniinstalled everything and reinstalled it again and this still happens.
This happened before with the previous versions (I think one of the first ones) and I got around it when I got a new computer.

Any suggestions? Thanks again

MandelSoft

Erm, I see nothing wrong... The NAM doesn't add new submenu buttons. Open one of the four topmost submenus and you see that new content is added.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

CahosRahneVeloza

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 25, 2011, 03:13:03 PM
Erm, I see nothing wrong... The NAM doesn't add new submenu buttons. Open one of the four topmost submenus and you see that new content is added.

He's probably speaking of that NAM Controller button that is located at the very bottom of the highway menu.

Wiimeiser

Maybe you should prevent it being selected by having an unlock condition like one station at 300% capacity  :P
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Kitsune

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 25, 2011, 04:04:48 PM
Maybe you should prevent it being selected by having an unlock condition like one station at 300% capacity  :P

wouldn't work.... I have one station at over 500% capacity.
~ NAM Team Member

josh6

Sorry I'll be more specific.

When I click on the new content that was released in the NAM 30 pack(like the new draggable glr, and the new underground train things as well as the Medians for MAVE-6 that were just released) all I get is a red coursor with a white box like in my picture. As if I'm trying to plop something in water but without the text.

The previous NAM stuff like the double high EL and the olr GLR works but the new stuff dosent even appear.

I don't know what to do

MandelSoft

It looks like you have a conflicting NAM Controller file. Try to find it and delete the old Controller.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE