• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Quote from: reignerok on October 31, 2011, 07:38:33 AM
Hi. I've installed NAM 30, between other reasons, for the on-road bus and metro stations but I'm not able to find them on the menus. Maybe now it's a separated plugin? If so, where can I find it?

Quote from: Tarkus on October 31, 2011, 10:32:51 AM
The NAM has never contained stations.  It sounds like you're referring to the RTMT (Road-Top Mass Transit) set.  See here.

Also, be sure to get RTMT Add-On Pack V3.60, which contains important updates and bug fixes.

reignerok

Thank you so much. I was like crazy looking for the on-road stations. Maybe last time I played with NAM (more than a year ago) I installed aswell a similar plugin and I got confused. Thank you again.

mike3775

Quote from: z on October 31, 2011, 12:02:50 PM
Quote from: reignerok on October 31, 2011, 07:38:33 AM
Hi. I've installed NAM 30, between other reasons, for the on-road bus and metro stations but I'm not able to find them on the menus. Maybe now it's a separated plugin? If so, where can I find it?

Quote from: Tarkus on October 31, 2011, 10:32:51 AM
The NAM has never contained stations.  It sounds like you're referring to the RTMT (Road-Top Mass Transit) set.  See here.

Also, be sure to get RTMT Add-On Pack V3.60, which contains important updates and bug fixes.

shows how much I have been paying attention, I didnt even realize a 3.60 was out  lol

ReneeFox45

Oooops, I posted this somewhere else before I saw this thread.  Okay, I've never used MODS before, and installed NAM 30.  It turns all my subway tunnels an obnoxious blue color, but not 100%.  Is there any way to single out where this is coming from so I can move the .dat file out?  I simply moved NAM 30 out of the plugins directory, and the problem went away.  So, it is clearly these series of files because I don't have any other and have never used NAM before.  What a bummer; I was looking forward to playing with NAM, but am spooked because of that one little thing ... could be other problems too.  After years of not playing Simcity 4 Deluxe, I dusted it off and started playing, so I'm by no means a pro.  I just knew enough that the subways weren't blue before I installed NAM.  Any help would be appreciated!   :)

z

The solution is very simple.  Download and install the NAM Traffic Subsystem and run the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool program, which will be on your desktop.  In the lower left, uncheck the option "Use new Subway View", then click "Save" at the bottom.  Your subways will no longer be blue.

CahosRahneVeloza

@z: Doesn't the NAM Traffic Subsystem tool come with the NAM itself? Before a NAM installation finishes you get the option to "install the traffic simulator" & what is installed includes it right?

jdenm8

No, that's the actual in-game traffic simulator. There is however an option to install the TSCT, yes.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

apeguy

I'm currently having an issue with my GLR network that I'm trying to make in one of my cities. Basically, I pause the game and build a tram network into my city. I bulldoze all roads and avenues where the tram network will be and replace them with tram-in-road and tram-avenue, rather then plopping them on the existing networks. Then I place the stations in. I drag oneway road through the stations to activate them, and then I unpause the game. People start to use the GLR network, but then after a few game months the city CTDs. It seems to always happen after about three game months after I've unpaused the game. These are the tram stations I've used when building the network:

RTMT Interim T-RAM Stations (just the bus stops for tram-in-road)

SFBT Tram stops

Gshmails' Tram-in-Avenue station

Ill Tonkso's GLR Station

Do these stations have any known conflicts with each other? I've been told before that there's no problem with any of the RTMT stations. I'm also using the Z High Traffic plugin, is it suitable for GLR? Any help would be appreciated, as I haven't been able to build GLR networks in my cities for a while now because of this CTD problem.

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

TheElfKing

TheElfKing

Thank you. (I don't have Winows 7 but I know someone who does)

mike3775

Quote from: TheElfKing on November 03, 2011, 10:18:37 AM
Thank you. (I don't have Winows 7 but I know someone who does)

Tell them to set the game to only run on one core though, otherwise CTD's will occur when/if you zoom.

When the game loads, I simply wait for the region map to appear, then hit ALT and TAB  and then click the taskbar and select start task manager and select the simcity4.exe and select set affinity, and no issues.  Sometimes I forget and CTD, but so far I have been lucky enough to not lose much and even when I do, I didnt like what developed so I would have bulldozed anyways

z

Just add "-CPUCount:2" to your shortcut's command line, and then you won't have to worry about setting the affinity manually.

tulane633

Hello just a quick message concerning RHW 30 - recently installled and going through the puzzle pieces and came across "Elevated RHW4 22m starter piece" and MIS elevated 22m" starter piece. IS there a way of going further? Wanted to use these pieces as they are higher than 15m but cannot seem to go any further than the puzzle piece Are you are to help? Suggestions please?

gdcymru

First a BIG thankyou to all on the NAM team who continue to provide great additions, keeping the game interesting.

The reason I'm posting is I've found a problem with the Avenue filler pieces, using NAM 30 LHD (UK version of game and other functionality is fine for left hand drive).

When I built a Straight Avenue over Diagonal Rail using the puzzle pieces, vehicles (automata and UDI) would disappear when trying to enter the filler piece, from either direction. After checking the readme I tried different combinations of the piece and found if I use the reverse of the piece it worked, as you can see in the pic below.

So is thus a bug or more likely have I missed something when updating the version.

Thanks
Greg

Tarkus

Quote from: tulane633 on November 06, 2011, 07:33:05 AM
Hello just a quick message concerning RHW 30 - recently installled and going through the puzzle pieces and came across "Elevated RHW4 22m starter piece" and MIS elevated 22m" starter piece. IS there a way of going further? Wanted to use these pieces as they are higher than 15m but cannot seem to go any further than the puzzle piece Are you are to help? Suggestions please?

You mean RHW 5.0?  There shouldn't be any starter pieces for those two networks anywhere in the mod.  In fact, to my knowledge, they were never even made, even as prototypes.  There are transition pieces to 22.5m (L3) EMIS and ERHW-4, from both ground and 15m-level networks, that are intended to connect with the upper deck of the Double-Decker RHW-4 (DDRHW-4), but that's about it.

gdcymru, that's the second report I've seen of that, but I have not yet been able to replicate it (and thus, cannot fix it at this time).

-Alex

Ramona Brie

It looks like the issue is that those would be the correct path directions for RHD. So this new filler piece needs its paths reversed to look right for LHD.

Tarkus

Actually, looking over the affected item (0x540E5000 in NetworkAddonMod3.dat), the paths on it are correct.  There are no indications in its RUL entries (like weird Transpose entries related to the old models) that would indicate any sort of situation that would allow the paths to be going in an LHD direction in RHD mode.

-Alex

Original

Hey everyone,

I have a bit of a problem here, I am trying to get my automata to appear more. I've tried all the simulators, and yes they do work. The only thing though is that the morning commute is the only one that is shown through 24 hrs. So it looks like all my sims are travelling to downtown through day and night and none of them ever return home. This is highly unrealistic! :(

Is there anyway to get the morning and evening commute to possibly show up at the same time for 24 hrs?

, Kohtem

CahosRahneVeloza

@Original: You could use this:

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/23362-persistent-automata-mod/

But I'm not sure if it's still compatible with NAM 30 & it will contribute to resource hogging on your system.... as if having gigs upon gigs of plugins & a well developed city tile won't choke up your system already  ;D