• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Quote from: packersfan on March 03, 2013, 08:43:20 PM
Probably a stupid question but if I want to remove a part of NAM for example the Bullet Train Mod can I just run the installer again and uncheck the stuff I don't want and it will remove it?

Exactly.  All changes can be done through the installer now.

z

Quote from: packersfan on March 03, 2013, 09:34:57 PM
So I just run the installer when I want to add or remove anything, and it will automatically remove anything I uncheck?

That's right.  As you might expect, a lot of effort was put into this to make it work properly.

2b2gbi

This might be a dumb question, but are there supposed to be standalone ground to 7.5m elevated transitions for the Maxis road networks (Road, OWR, and Avenue), I only see on-slope transitions for the 7.5m level. This is slightly disappointing, I usually use the elevated versions of those networks to cross things like train yards or other things running next to a slope.

Otherwise, love the new release, so many options that I'm just barely digging into. Amazing work.
You can call me Jon. :)

Check out my MD: Bienville, Missouri

medit84truth

After installing the new NAM there's some icons that have double menu listings. I can't find any duplicate files that may be causing this. Should I just attempt to re-install?

pressus

I have a questions:
- where disappeared zebra crossing in euro style on roads intersection (X) and T intersection?
- where are road turning lines on X and T road intersectins in euro style?
  &hlp

Zebra crossing avenue and roads to avenue - OK
Turning lines avenue - OK
Sorry guys, I'll be here next week, so good luck!

Diggis

Quote from: medit84truth on March 05, 2013, 12:17:28 AM
After installing the new NAM there's some icons that have double menu listings. I can't find any duplicate files that may be causing this. Should I just attempt to re-install?

That almost certainly is due to you having 2 controllers installed. Did you dat pack it at any point?

medit84truth

Quote from: Diggis on March 05, 2013, 01:29:11 AM
Quote from: medit84truth on March 05, 2013, 12:17:28 AM

That almost certainly is due to you having 2 controllers installed. Did you dat pack it at any point?

What do you suggest I look for? I've been through my folder(s) and I don't see duplicate controllers. And no I didn't dat pack the NAM. I only dat pack RCI, utilities, government, canals, parks, etc. I don't dat pack mods. My dat packed objects aren't even in my plugins folder right now, as I'm pretty much just loading the game to test out the new NAM.

z

jerred_p

I too had double listings...had to remove the NAM 30.  That fixed that.

Now I have what may be a question with an obvious answer, but where are the "overlay textures" for those "diagonal" and filler pieces at for RHW?  I have looked everywhere! ()what()

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jerred_p on March 05, 2013, 02:10:17 PM
but where are the "overlay textures" for those "diagonal" and filler pieces at for RHW?

Gone.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jerred_p

So will it work correctly without them?  So far, there seems to be a lot of "bugs" with 31.  I love the 2,3, and 4 level interstates, but piecing them together shows a lot of missing textures...which are being presented on this thread.  I guess I'll have to put NAM 30 RHW system back in and wait for the kinks to get worked out.

Indiana Joe

Quote from: jerred_p on March 05, 2013, 02:58:48 PM
So will it work correctly without them?  So far, there seems to be a lot of "bugs" with 31.  I love the 2,3, and 4 level interstates, but piecing them together shows a lot of missing textures...which are being presented on this thread.  I guess I'll have to put NAM 30 RHW system back in and wait for the kinks to get worked out.

How have you not noticed this thread --> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15649.0

jerred_p

Yes, I read it.  Too many issues going on for me.  Any way we can re-install NAM 30 once it's deleted?

Tarkus

If you still have the installers, you can run the uninstaller for NAM 31, and then run the NAM 30 installer and the RHW 5.0 installer.  We have, in the interim, left NAM 30 and RHW 5.0 up at ModDB, but keep in mind that we will not be providing any technical support to NAM 30 users.

Also, if anyone out there has the idea of installing RHW 5.0 into a NAM 31 installation--or dumping any part of NAM 31 into a NAM 30/RHW 5.0 installation: DON'T.  Version mismatches do not work (and never have worked).  NAM 31's controller will try to convert RHW 5.0 systems to the new specs, while NAM 30's controller does not allow for NAM 31 functionality.  The switch to the Monolithic paradigm was designed to emphasize that you can't mix-and-match different eras of NAM components and expect it to work.

-Alex

dyoungyn

Tarkus

Mod Database.  It's an Australian-based site that hosts mods for computer games, which we've been using for some time now as a mirror.  The NAM page is here.

-Alex

medit84truth

Quote from: z on March 05, 2013, 01:05:48 PM
Which icons have double menu listings?

-Pedestrian Mall Tiles
-Road Overpasses
-One way Road Overpasses
-Avenue Overpasses
-Road Puzzle Pieces 7.5m
-Road Puzzle Pieces 15.m
-One Way Road Puzzles Pieces
-Avenue Puzzle Pieces 7.5
-Elevated Rail Dual/Double Decker Network Pieces
-Rail Puzzle Pieces

frodo

I removed all the plugins and then I installed the new NAM with included euro texture mod and german markings for RHW, but there is a bug with RHW

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: frodo on March 06, 2013, 03:29:14 PM
I removed all the plugins and then I installed the new NAM with included euro texture mod and german markings for RHW, but there is a bug with RHW

The last two are normal. The 6C and 8C rely on the RHW-4 and MIS starters.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums