• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

And the texture bug on the first is known and solved on our end.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

hipscumbag

I built some of the "Modern Arching Rail Stations".  While sims will use them as bus depots, and rail will flow through them, nobody will board or depart the heavy rail at them.  What's going on here?

Rail flowing through, but sims will only board buses, not trains.

Sims departing buses but not trains at station.

z

Quote from: hipscumbag on March 12, 2013, 09:50:30 PM
I built some of the "Modern Arching Rail Stations".  While sims will use them as bus depots, and rail will flow through them, nobody will board or depart the heavy rail at them.  What's going on here?

This is a bug that will be fixed in NAM 31.1.

TEG24601

I would like to thank the NAM team for their hard work.  As an "unsupported" user, I would like to say that whatever you guys did, you solved most of my problems as an Intel Mac user.  I can now use double-height monorail (which would crash the game in NAM 30), and the other double-height networks appear to work as well.  The only plugin that doesn't work is the Bridges_Plugin_Controller, which is to say, I can use it when the game is paused, but not otherwise.  The bridges function without it, but I can't build new RHW bridges without it.  I'm completely fine with that situation.  The only issue that is tangentially related is that without it, diagonal and curved RHW pieces show up with white textures, but look normal with it installed.  This might explain some situations I've read with the same issues elsewhere.  I'm not looking for assistance, just reporting what I've found through trial and error.  However, if you guys are working on the bridge controller, perhaps if we could transition it toward the code base of the updated high-El and High-Monorail, that may solve my final issue.

TEG

IceReaver75

I am having crashing problems with nam 31.  If I load the game and go to an empty region everything works just fine but if I try to go into a region with development already there the city crashes as soon as it loads.  Not really sure what is causing that to happen.  I really don't want to have to start a whole new region over if at all possible.  My system is

Windows XP service pack 3
amd single core sempron 3300 2.0 ghz processor
2.0 ghz Ram
GeForce 6200 video card

Any insight into this will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Wiimeiser

Does it only crash in cities with the NAM? Only cities with RHW? Only cities with L2 MIS?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Moonraker0

I've had this problem for a while and just was too lazy to pursue re-installing the NAM, but Project Symphony/the Maxis Highway Override just will not install into my game for some reason.  Now I've re-installed the new NAM twice and still I have the default Maxis highways.  The third time I installed it, I un-checked the checkbox for MHW override and then re-checked it just to make sure it's accounted for by the installer.  Looking in my NAM folder, I don't see any folder or file(s) called Maxis Highway Override or Project Symphony, nor is there anything related to it in the RHW sub-folder.  I do, however, have the PS User's Manual PDF in the Documentation folder.  My installation was the "custom" type.

MandelSoft

Have you checked your "z___NAM" folder? It should be there.

Also, have you un-installed the HRS if you had that mod?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

IceReaver75

The city that crashes pretty much has only RHW in it.  I have just a regular maxis highway running through it with a couple ground to elevated highway transitions.

Edit - I figured out the problem.  I had installed the functional landmark mod at the same time as the new NAM.  I had forgotten to remove existing landmarks from my city prior to the mod install which caused the crash.  Removed the mod from my plug-in folder and all works again, so had nothing to do with NAM at all.  Just pretty much stupidity on my own part.

Moonraker0

Quote from: MandelSoft on March 21, 2013, 09:05:53 AM
Have you checked your "z___NAM" folder? It should be there.

Also, have you un-installed the HRS if you had that mod?
Argh...thanks, Mandelsoft, I just realized I was making a silly mistake:  I use SimCity 4 Startup Manager, and I had never selected the new z___NAM folder to be loaded by it.  Can't wait to get started with Project Symphony now.

derf128

Hello,

I'm using NAM 31 and diagonal bridge enabler.

I cannot drag RHW over a moat. It says "cannot plain area" or something (I'm translating). Same occurs with normal roads, but only sometimes, cannot tell when precisely as theres no difference except maybe the depth of the moat.

Thanks in advance!

StormVibrations

I can't make viaduct rail work.  Well the rail itself will work but the stations...either they're broken or I can't figure out how to use them.  I've searched and searched for a tutorial.  The readme for "Viaduct Rail Station" that comes with NAM...I found the download for it here at the LEX but the instructions there are unworkable.  It says to plop the puzzle pieces first and then plop the station over them, but the game will not let you do that.  I've tried laying regular rail down and then the station and it won't let me do that either.

Are there working instructions for these stations somewhere?  Hopefully with some visual aids.  I bet I've put three hours of work into trying get these stations going and I'm tired of guessing.  Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

jdenm8

You need to plop the puzzle pieces down first, but still leave space for the station. Plopping the Viaduct Rail station over existing rail won't work because of the special Transit Enabling that puzzle-piece based networks have.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

StormVibrations

I guess I need a step-by-step tutorial on how to build them, because everything I try fails. 

z

Unfortunately, we are still working on the documentation.  It also turns out that the version of the station that shipped with the NAM had a serious bug in it.  This bug has been fixed on our end, and the fixed station will go out with NAM 31.1.  I'd recommend that you wait until then (it shouldn't be long) before building viaduct rail.

To get an idea of how these stations work, though, you can look at this post.  Also, you can look at the STEX download page for a description of the Modern Overhanging Station Pack; these are the stations from which the Modern Viaduct Rail station was derived.

Quote from: jdenm8 on March 22, 2013, 09:30:27 PM
You need to plop the puzzle pieces down first, but still leave space for the station. Plopping the Viaduct Rail station over existing rail won't work because of the special Transit Enabling that puzzle-piece based networks have.

Actually, any of the viaduct rail stations can be plopped right on top of an existing viaduct rail network, and they automatically remove the pieces they need.  I've just been doing this in my testing.  This surprised me too, but it turns out that you don't need to leave any space for the station.

derf128

I'm new here so if I made something wrong, posted into the wrong topic, it would be kind for someone to tell me, instead of ignoring me  :-[

jdenm8

Quote from: derf128 on March 24, 2013, 08:52:39 AM
It would be kind for someone to tell me, instead of ignoring me  :-[

It's more that those of us who worked on the DBE haven't seen the post yet.  :thumbsup:

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

memo

That would be me. :P It has been forgotten to account for the DBE, when the RHW was converted to Project 57 specs. It will work again with the update to NAM 31.1. The DBE does not need to be updated for this.

Though, if you are using roads to build road bridges, everything should still work. Try to flatten a small area of the terrain first, using the street tool, plopping single street tiles. Then plop a few single road tiles in order to get the first elevated road tiles with supports. Afterwards, you should be able to drag a diagonal road across the gorge.

the81kid

Hi, I'm not sure if this post belongs here, but this is the most relevant I can find, so...

I have:
A clean install of SimCity 4 Deluxe, UK Version
With the relevant (UK) EP1 update
With the SC4Update4BAT update
With bldgprop_vol1 and bldgprop_vol2 files in the My Documents/Simcity 4/Plugins folder

I have an Intel i7 core laptop, with Windows 7 64-bit, 8gb RAM, nVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphics card.

The shortcut target is:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32 -f -intro:off -CPUCount:8

I have also ran the game fine with -CPUCount:1 , and also leaving it out completely. The game runs fine like this. The only issue I had was jerky framerate, until I changed from hardware to software mode in-game. But still, the game always ran well.

But, when I install NAM 31 (following the instructions, ran Cleanitol, and now have installed with NO other mods or addons to the game - only NAM 31), the game always freezes on the "Loading New City" screen. It works on the region screen. I have tried everything I know to tweak the options and install features (I've tried to install with the minimum features, tried a regular install, custom install etc.).

It never works. I have no idea what to do!

Is there a fix/workaround I can try? Please, I would definitely appreciate some help with this!

Thank you in advance, the MOD has always been and looks excellent