• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trabman11

IN REPLEY TO: Badbogey

QuoteQuote
I just downloaded NAM 32 yesterday and I enjoy it very much but I just have one simple question. Whenever I drag avenues that intersect they automatically have turning lanes without having to use any puzzle pieces but intersecting roads do not. Are roads supposed to always have turning lanes placed without pieces or is that something you have to use puzzle pieces for? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and great work NAM team.

To get turning lanes for the intersecting roads without using puzzle pieces, just select the one-way road tool an click on the road intersections. The turning lanes should automatically appear, though they look ab it clunky.
RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

Badbogey

Wow, I can't believe I never tried that. Thanks man that should save me from always having to build complex TULEPS.  :)

gerg1234

I'm having trouble with running roads under bridges. I'm building the Standard Two-Level Cloverfold Stack Interchange.
Every time I try I end up with this:

What am I doing wrong?

Tarkus

It looks like the overrides have destabilized in your setup there.  I'd try doing a little clicking around, and if that fails, in theory, you should be able to place an MIS starter right up against the MIS ground-to-L2 transition, and then drag the RHW-4 over top of that, which should minimize the potential for that issue.

-Alex

gerg1234

Nope. Didn't work. Dang.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled NAM. After that things seemed to be working much more smoothly. It got my hopes up...and then BAM there was the issue again.  :(

Tarkus

In that case, the setup may just not be stable enough yet.  We've been planning to refactor the RHW's RUL overrides again in the near future, that should (hopefully) address the particular situation you've encountered.

In the meanwhile, if you were to perhaps extend the distance between the transition and the underpass a little bit on the MIS side, it might do the trick.  I'd play around with it a little bit.

-Alex

DJSun1981

First of all, I love the new NAM &apls

Two questions:

1. How can I connect the RHW - L4 to other levels?
2. Are there some transitions from Tulep-Crossroads to RHW - cosmetic arrow puzzle pieces

Tarkus

Quote from: DJSun1981 on January 17, 2014, 11:17:23 PM
First of all, I love the new NAM &apls

Two questions:

1. How can I connect the RHW - L4 to other levels?
2. Are there some transitions from Tulep-Crossroads to RHW - cosmetic arrow puzzle pieces

Thanks!  And to answer your questions:

1) Using the FLEX Height and On-Slope Transitions.  You can transition into L4 from L3 or L2.
2) Despite the arrow markings on both, RHW Cosmetic Pieces and TuLEPs are not related systems, and there are no connections between them (nor are any planned).

-Alex

DJSun1981

Thanks Alex!

I will try this to using L4 RHW and second answer: I am sad to hear that

Am I right? Are there some missing Path-rules from RRW-STR to Sam railway-crossroads? ortho and diag coz I dont see something

arl85

Hi!
Thanks for this great release!
I'm now trying to use the new quickChange ramps but I found a problem with the RHW L0 to Road L1 Diamond Piece.

As you can see, the override seems to be not working for RHW 6S, but it only seems to happen when the ramp is an exit in W-> E direction.
In other words, other versions of this ramps (ie: exit going north, or entrance going East, etc...) are perfectly working, but this one seems broken. I've tried rebuilding it multiple times, but same result.

shinkansen1

Has the NAM installer changed significantly? For the first time, installation of new NAM version has failed because I "lack" administrator privileges, despite that my computer account has those permissions. ()what()

CaptCity

Quote from: shinkansen1 on January 18, 2014, 09:20:40 AM
Has the NAM installer changed significantly? For the first time, installation of new NAM version has failed because I "lack" administrator privileges, despite that my computer account has those permissions. ()what()

Are you using the Newest (NAM 32) version? I had this issue with the pre-release version. Turned out to be something with the installer, but I thought it was fixed.

Kuewr665

When I installed the full release, it still failed to build a custom controller.

Also, when installing with the driving side on the left, the Euro texture support files are installed even when the Euro RHW textures are not installed.

z

This part of the NAM installer is the same as when it was released for NAM 31.2.  Were you able to use that version successfully?  What is the exact error message that you are getting, and what are your UAC settings?

Quote from: CaptCity on January 18, 2014, 10:49:41 AM
I had this issue with the pre-release version. Turned out to be something with the installer, but I thought it was fixed.

What did it turn out to be?  I don't recall seeing any reports of such a problem during the pre-release.

Quote from: Kuewr665 on January 18, 2014, 12:43:34 PM
When I installed the full release, it still failed to build a custom controller.

What exactly happens?  Do you get a command window showing the controller compiler starting up?  Are there any error messages in that window?

QuoteAlso, when installing with the driving side on the left, the Euro texture support files are installed even when the Euro RHW textures are not installed.

Could you please elaborate?  A picture would be helpful.

MandelSoft

I installed the NAM 32 today (as a NAM member, believe it or not!) and I found out that the first installer run did screw up some of my settings, like disabling the NWM. Fortunately, during the second run, setting all the stuff in the custom install options did fix the problem.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

raja indy

I am loving the new RRW! However, I've been having a persistent problem with the rail crossing textures. I've tried re-installing multiple times and I have nothing else in my plugins except the NAM. Is this aspect of the RRW still incomplete, has something been corrupted, or ...? Thanks in advance!

Tarkus

Quote from: DJSun1981 on January 18, 2014, 12:18:31 AM
Thanks Alex!

I will try this to using L4 RHW and second answer: I am sad to hear that

Am I right? Are there some missing Path-rules from RRW-STR to Sam railway-crossroads? ortho and diag coz I dont see something

Regarding the second answer, the good news, however, is that we are going to be expanding RHW Turn Lane functionality in the future, particularly with respect to the MIS.

Regarding RRW, it's still in the very early stages of development, so it has a few quirks still--it's in about the same state that the RHW was in the RHW Version 1.x-era.  I don't think OxD setups involving STR and SAM ever were supported, to the best of my knowledge.

Quote from: arl85 on January 18, 2014, 12:42:01 AM
Hi!
Thanks for this great release!
I'm now trying to use the new quickChange ramps but I found a problem with the RHW L0 to Road L1 Diamond Piece.

As you can see, the override seems to be not working for RHW 6S, but it only seems to happen when the ramp is an exit in W-> E direction.
In other words, other versions of this ramps (ie: exit going north, or entrance going East, etc...) are perfectly working, but this one seems broken. I've tried rebuilding it multiple times, but same result.

I just attempted to replicate that, and had absolutely no problem running an RHW-6S through.  The overrides initiated properly.  By the appearances of your setup, it looks kind of like you may have had some RHW-4 in the vicinity there, beforehand, and the overrides are fighting.

Quote from: raja indy on January 18, 2014, 03:53:05 PM
I am loving the new RRW! However, I've been having a persistent problem with the rail crossing textures. I've tried re-installing multiple times and I have nothing else in my plugins except the NAM. Is this aspect of the RRW still incomplete, has something been corrupted, or ...? Thanks in advance!

Nothing's been corrupted, and nothing is wrong with your installation.  The RRW is still in the very early stages of development, and those textures are not included yet.

-Alex

z

Quote from: MandelSoft on January 18, 2014, 03:10:33 PM
I installed the NAM 32 today (as a NAM member, believe it or not!) and I found out that the first installer run did screw up some of my settings, like disabling the NWM. Fortunately, during the second run, setting all the stuff in the custom install options did fix the problem.

This is the way the installer has worked since NAM 31.  If you choose the default "Complete Installation" type, that's exactly what you get - a complete installation.  If you've selected additional options, those are retained.  But any standard options that you've disabled (such as the NWM in your case) are re-enabled.  The installer is designed this way so that there's an easy way to go from whatever you have to a standard complete installation.  As you discovered, if you customized your installation in a way that disables some standard options, you need to select "Custom Installation" on succeeding installs, and then the installer will start with exactly what your current settings are.

CaptCity

Quote from: z on January 18, 2014, 02:40:53 PM

This part of the NAM installer is the same as when it was released for NAM 31.2.  Were you able to use that version successfully?  What is the exact error message that you are getting, and what are your UAC settings?

Quote from: CaptCity on January 18, 2014, 10:49:41 AM
I had this issue with the pre-release version. Turned out to be something with the installer, but I thought it was fixed.

What did it turn out to be?  I don't recall seeing any reports of such a problem during the pre-release.

I think I probably mis-remembered the error messages I received. Thought perhaps it was related to the issue I was having in this (and the succeeding few) post (Link) and this one (Link). Probably not the same, though.

z

Quote from: CaptCity on January 18, 2014, 06:44:09 PM
I think I probably mis-remembered the error messages I received. Thought perhaps it was related to the issue I was having in this (and the succeeding few) post (Link) and this one (Link). Probably not the same, though.

You're right - they were different issues.  The one that was an installer bug was fixed, though, and I just verified that the fix is still in place.