• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Minor Euro texture bug. Notable since both countries which use the style IRL drive on the left.
(Also, not shown, but the new FARHW diamond pieces don't have Euro textures. Should be a simple fix)
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

catty

This isn't a problem as such, more something I think the NAM Team needs to be aware re Steam Installs

I recently went over to the steam version of SC4D and found it was a right-hand version of the game, to change it to left-hand drive went and opened Steam;

go to Library
right click on SimCity 4 Deluxe and go to
Properties
click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS ... and enter

-l:"UK English"

into the box, saved and exited Steam

start game and traffic is now using the left-hand side of the road

Have now installed NAM 32 it detected I was using a right-hand version of the game, so manually had to change it to left as I was doing the install, no noticeable problems so far with doing it this way, but haven't spend a lot of time yet with using NAM32, so   :-\

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

wallasey

I selected the autobahn textures for RHW...but I've got the american textures coming through. Also, I've re-installed various times, selecting different options for the road textures, but they are no different from before, for example there's no stop lines for road junctions. I have taken out previous modds such as andrea's road texture mods but this makes no difference.

Also, I did have the Light Replacement Modd installed, however, the standard Maxis columns keep coming through. Is NAM 32 compatible with this Mod?

Is there something more I should be doing here?

Many Thanks for your time!

arl85

Quote from: Tarkus on January 18, 2014, 05:22:05 PM

Quote from: arl85 on January 18, 2014, 12:42:01 AM
Hi!
Thanks for this great release!
I'm now trying to use the new quickChange ramps but I found a problem with the RHW L0 to Road L1 Diamond Piece.

As you can see, the override seems to be not working for RHW 6S, but it only seems to happen when the ramp is an exit in W-> E direction.
In other words, other versions of this ramps (ie: exit going north, or entrance going East, etc...) are perfectly working, but this one seems broken. I've tried rebuilding it multiple times, but same result.

I just attempted to replicate that, and had absolutely no problem running an RHW-6S through.  The overrides initiated properly.  By the appearances of your setup, it looks kind of like you may have had some RHW-4 in the vicinity there, beforehand, and the overrides are fighting.

You're right. I destroyed and rebuilt it and everything is now ok!

Kuewr665

Quote from: z on January 18, 2014, 02:40:53 PM
What exactly happens?  Do you get a command window showing the controller compiler starting up?  Are there any error messages in that window?

Yes. I see the command prompt window open, then closing, followed by the error message.

z

Quote from: wallasey on January 19, 2014, 06:30:36 AM
I selected the autobahn textures for RHW...but I've got the american textures coming through.

This turned out to be an installer bug that was created by a change in another part of the installer.  The fixed files are too big to attach here, but here's what you can do to get around the bug:

• Run the installer in the Custom Installation mode.  For the Main Road Texture Style, choose one of the top two American-style textures.
  • Under "Options for American-Style Road Textures", open up the RHW Options and select either of the two options.
  • Run the installer to completion.
  • In the folder "z___NAM\Road Textures\Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod\RHW", you will find a folder called "0_Standard".  Move this folder and its contents to someplace outside your Plugins folder.
  • Run the installer again, choosing the options you want.
  • Move the "0_Standard" folder and its contents back to where you originally got them.

The American textures should be gone now.

Quote from: Kuewr665 on January 19, 2014, 01:39:53 PM
Quote from: z on January 18, 2014, 02:40:53 PM
What exactly happens?  Do you get a command window showing the controller compiler starting up?  Are there any error messages in that window?

Yes. I see the command prompt window open, then closing, followed by the error message.

Could you please enclose a picture of the command window right before it closes, or failing that, list the last message that it prints?

Apple Delight

I'm having problems with these textures on the intersection tiles for TuLEPs appearing in RHT instead of LHT, while the other pieces are unaffected.

Edit: This only affects the Rd-2+Rd/Ave-4 t-intersection.

During the installation I think that I selected the additional UK texture replacements and none of the cosmetic options for TuLEPS.

titanicbuff

I found an issue that's easy to explain- On the RHW while using Ontario Textures for the American textures pack the 2 lane fold exit doesn't work.
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

z

Quote from: Kuewr665 on January 19, 2014, 05:04:40 PM
No, it closes too quick.

You can try the following:  Open a command window in the folder "Documents\SimCity 4\NAM Auxiliary Files\Tools\Controller Compiler".  Type the command "java -jar NAMControllerCompiler.jar dev".  The interactive compiler window should come up.  For both of the two folders that need to be input, you should specify full paths that go down to your SimCity 4 folder; after that, the first folder should be "NAM Auxiliary Files\Tools\Controller Compiler\Network Addon Mod\Controller" and the second folder should be "Plugins\Network Addon Mod" or wherever your main NAM folder is located.  Once you've entered the folder names, click on the "Start Compilation" button at the bottom of the window.  Assuming that this compilation fails, the command window will not go away.  Take a picture of it and post it, and we'll try to figure out what's going on.

memo

Quote from: z on January 19, 2014, 06:21:34 PM
Quote from: Kuewr665 on January 19, 2014, 05:04:40 PM
No, it closes too quick.

You can try the following:  Open a command window in the folder "Documents\SimCity 4\NAM Auxiliary Files\Tools\Controller Compiler".  Type the command "java -jar NAMControllerCompiler.jar dev".

@Kuewr: If you are unfamiliar with command windows, it might be easier for you to, instead of that, open the file "NAMControllerCompiler_Developer.bat" from that directory in a text editor and append the line "pause" to it. After saving, double click the *.bat file to start the compiler.

Edit: Come to think of it, an error message would usually be displayed in a popup anyway, so probably it would be sufficient to simply double click that *.bat file.

Flatron

Somehow, I don't get euro textures on the RHW. I already installed the NAM twice, but it still doesn't work.
I can't drag smooth curves with the RRW, I don't know if that's wanted to be like that or I'm just too dumb.
All in all, the new version is great, of course.

metarvo

Quote from: Flatron on January 20, 2014, 06:28:54 AM
I can't drag smooth curves with the RRW

There were never any draggable smooth curves for rail, even with Maxis textures.  Streets and roads are the only networks currently having draggable smooth curves.  For rail, the PPs are all we've had.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

jdenm8

There was actually, using the Autoplace functionality. I think basically all of it was removed once it was discovered it interfered with TE'd lots.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

metarvo

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

lostwizard

Quote from: memo on January 19, 2014, 10:52:37 PM
@Kuewr: If you are unfamiliar with command windows, it might be easier for you to, instead of that, open the file "NAMControllerCompiler_Developer.bat" from that directory in a text editor and append the line "pause" to it. After saving, double click the *.bat file to start the compiler.

Edit: Come to think of it, an error message would usually be displayed in a popup anyway, so probably it would be sufficient to simply double click that *.bat file.

Of course, that won't help if the problem is that the batch file doesn't run at all, as is the case under Wine. Apparently wine can't do batch files for some reason.

Kuewr665

z

Quote from: Flatron on January 20, 2014, 06:28:54 AM
Somehow, I don't get euro textures on the RHW. I already installed the NAM twice, but it still doesn't work.
I can't drag smooth curves with the RRW, I don't know if that's wanted to be like that or I'm just too dumb.
All in all, the new version is great, of course.

This is a known bug that has been fixed on our end.  Please see Reply #3026 above for a workaround.

Quote from: Kuewr665 on January 20, 2014, 10:50:15 AM
This is what I get when I open the .bat file.

I gather you followed memo's suggestion for editing the .bat file.  However, you edited the main .bat file, which will give these results under these circumstances.  You have to work with the file NAMControllerCompiler_developer.bat instead.

memo

Quote from: lostwizard on January 20, 2014, 10:27:49 AM
Of course, that won't help if the problem is that the batch file doesn't run at all, as is the case under Wine. Apparently wine can't do batch files for some reason.

Very true. I don't know why the batch file does not work under Wine, as I have neither written the batch file nor have I worked with Wine, yet. It was merely meant to address Kuewr's problem, where the command window would pop up and display an error message.

In your case, you can still run the compiler manually, for example by renaming the file "NAMControllerCompiler_developer.bat" to *.sh, making it executable (chmod) and executing it. Alternatively, run the command

java -jar NAMControllerCompiler.jar dev

in the terminal, in that directory. Afterwards, follow the instructions given by z above. I have received an error report by A Nonny Moose of a NullPointerException under Wine and Ubuntu, probably related to the Look-and-Feel, which is about to get fixed. If you get the same issue, you need to wait for the new version of the compiler.

dar1313

Hello... the NAM brought new life to the game for me and the team has done a great job with this as does everyone who takes the time to make all the cool stuff to download.  Thank you.

Couple NAM 32 questions / issues:

1)  For the new draggable road viaducts, the flexible onslopes show full preview model but when plopped only the elevated  section without the pylon is placed and then does not work.

2)  With the Quick Change pieces is the straight elevated section supposed to override to larger networks or only RHW-4 will work?

Thanks again