• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

relics8801

Quote from: trabman11 on February 12, 2014, 12:39:08 PM
&idea  &Thk/(  You know what, this might be a wealthification bug like that of the Ave to NWM Ave-2 transition, where the textures only show up properly in medium-density and high-density zones. If this is the case, then those parks you have are being registered as low-density ones. Maybe you should try to put a 'higher' density park, for example, a 2x2 park of a 3x3 park - maybe try a large plaza. Maybe that will fix it? s for those other textures...  ()what()
If not, I hope someone else more knowledgeable on this subject will have an answer as to what is happening.  
Or maybe a file got corrupted and you just need to re-install the NAM and the issue will fix itself.  ;D

Thanks again trabman11 ;)
I didn't undersatnd well what a concern with Turning-lane-texture and Wealthification.
so I did re-install NAM and test again with some wealth-Lot(Park-Lot I made).

- No Wealth
You can find some turning-lanes which displayed normally.  :)

- High Wealth ($$$)
It's so hard to find turning-lanes which displayed correctly. ;D

- High Wealth with NAM Ver.30
Good :thumbsup: It's perfect almost.

Huummm, As I thought, A cause is in system of the Semi-Auto-Turning-Lane I think.... &mmm

Thanks
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

trabman11

Well, at least most of them worked! :thumbsup:

RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

trabman11

Quote from: timoman12 on February 12, 2014, 05:01:56 PM
Quote from: trabman11 on February 12, 2014, 03:50:52 PM
Moonlight's street side mod is included in the NAM installer. It appears as SAM-10, I believe.

that's not the street side mod, those are only textures

Sorry, I was thinking of only the textures, not the entire mod, with da trees and da bushes, and da fences, and stuff.  :D
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

Tarkus

As far as I can tell, it's a texture issue, not a RUL issue.  Try using a different texture set option than the NAM Euro Retexture.

-Alex

eggman121

I think I have spotted a pathing error on the MIS orthogonal Ave 4 diagonal half piece Highlighted in the red circle.

The piece is 0x57623300. I tried making an sc4path file for this piece but to no avail. I assume the paths also don't exist for the 0x57623380 piece either.

Any help would be appreciated. I also would not mind having a go a pathing myself. I know the format, I just curious of how it all works.

-eggman121

memo

If your new sc4Paths do not show up in the game, there could be different reasons for that:

• The TGI is not the right one; in particular, the GID has to be 0x69668828 for texture-based networks and 0xA966883F for model-based networks; in your case, it would be the former.
• There's a syntactical error in your path file causing it to be void; in this case, check if you can get any pre-existing functional path file to show up on that tile.
• There is already a path file for that TGI somewhere in the NAM that has a syntax error and loads after your path file; in this case, make sure your new file loads last.

Quote from: timoman12 on February 12, 2014, 02:04:01 PM
Hi I'm using moonlinght's Japanese SAM-1 replacement mod to make it into his Japanese suburban 2-lane streets, however the textures have stopped working since I've installed NAM32. It was working perfectly with NAM31.

The 'starter' piece looks like his, but when I drag a street it just turns into the default street texture.

Any way to fix this? Or is there possibly a way to revert back to the NAM31 SAM-1 files to temporarily stop the issue?

EDIT: I have discovered that without the Street Mod, SAM-1 Parking Lot textures don't work anyway.
The first piece I place is the parking lot, but when I drag a street through it, only default street is built.

So this is a problem with the NAM32 itself...

This sounds like you might have inadvertently installed the SAM without RULs. There is an option during the custom install in the installer for that (called 'enable decoupling' or so) that turns the SAM check boxes (among others) to ternary check boxes. Make sure to use the option that includes the corresponding RULs.

timoman12

that fixed the problem thanks! I accidentally had some of the SAM streets 'bolded'

APSMS

I was wondering, since documentation seems scarce on the subject, what the purpose of installing a network without RULs would be? Why would you install a non-functional network tool (and does it work if it's non-functional?)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

It's for controller size reduction--if you have instances of those networks that you're not going to touch and destabilize, you can omit the RULs.

-Alex

relics8801

Quote from: Tarkus on February 13, 2014, 11:44:03 AM
As far as I can tell, it's a texture issue, not a RUL issue.  Try using a different texture set option than the NAM Euro Retexture.
-Alex

I tested it while repeat to un-install and re-install NAM with each texture. :-[
Result here  "$Deal"$

- Maxis Standard Road (American)
- Retexure Euro Road (American)
Yes, Turning-Lanes are worked good ! Perfect almost  :thumbsup:

- Australian-Euro, Hamburg-Euro, Euro-Road (Dashed)
All these texture-version were not worked correctly.... :thumbsdown:
A lot of turning-lane has issue an inversion texture LeftHand to RightHand. &mmm

- All of RoadT exture with No-Wealth "$Deal"$
Turning-lanes are displayed GOOD on No-Wealth.  :)

Off course, SC4Path were Good in each Road-textures  ;)
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

memo

Quote from: APSMS on February 13, 2014, 08:17:32 PM
I was wondering, since documentation seems scarce on the subject, what the purpose of installing a network without RULs would be? Why would you install a non-functional network tool (and does it work if it's non-functional?)

Like Alex said, it reduces the controller size. This was done mostly with the RHW in mind: the set of RHW RULs is huge which adds to loading times significantly, while most of the time many users (supposedly) don't need any of them, as long as they don't build anything RHW related. If you were to uninstall the RHW completely, existing networks in your cities would be broken because of missing textures, models and paths, but if you only exclude the RULs, the networks will still be functional, so it's a trade-off between both extremes. I admit, the UI in the installer has its difficulties. Still, the subject is an area of development.

theProphet42

Quick question (I hope).  I have been organizing my in-game menus by modifing the Item Order value.  It's actually working out quite well except for one issue.  In my Misc. Transit menu I have a few menu items that don't seem to want to fall in order.  They are mainly the GLR track pieces (ex Tram in Road, Tram on Street, Draggable GLR, Canal Addon Mod, etc..).  I swear I found what seemed to be the correct exemplar files, double checked the PNG icon, and made the desired change to the Item Order value.  However they persist in staying between the Maxis Bus Stop (Item order 0x00000000) and the Maxis Elevated Rail Station (Item order 0x00000002).  I've checked every NAM file using iLive's Reader and cannot find the file that seems to be over-riding my values.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

APSMS

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

SounderBruce

I'm trying to build a SPUI over RHW-6C, but the network override under the bridge itself won't update to RHW-6C despite clicking frantically on every tile in the area.

I am aware that setting the ramps next to the RHW-6C would fix the problem, but it isn't an option because the ramps transition from a FARHW-4 ramp piece.

Visit the The Greater Whatcom Region on Simtropolis

Uzil

Hello,

Why I can't build a bridge ? I can with a road or highway, but not with the avenue tool.

trabman11

Quote from: Uzil on February 18, 2014, 09:47:25 AM
Hello,

Why I can't build a bridge ? I can with a road or highway, but not with the avenue tool.

Try to drag a bridge without the avenues there. See if that works.

rotaryspdpunk

First off, I did activate a data view prior to saving.

I have a custom transportation map mod that I made myself, and it's always worked exactly as expected through NAM 28/29-ish (I had a hiatus between that and 31), and then with 31, it required the data view activation prior to saving and worked reasonably well (caveat being the black 'halo').  With the new version of the NAM, my streets aren't displaying correctly.  (See pic, all but top left are NAM 31, top left is the only one saved in NAM 32).

I can't figure out for the life of me why this won't work.  My understanding is that load order of plugins is:
program files (x86)/simcity 4/plugins/[subdirectories] in alpha order (first subdir in alpha, then files therein),
program files (x86)/simcity 4/plugins/ in alpha order next
docs/simcity 4/plugins/[subdirectories] in alpha
docs/simcity 4/plugins/ in alpha order

...such that if my file is named zzzzz_[map mod].dat and placed in a z_addons directory in the docs/sc4/plugins directory that it should be the last to load (except for a few bat/lot files I have in the base docs/sc4/plugins directory)...so, why won't it overwrite the street?

Roads are displaying fine and so to are avenues and rail, (and I presume highway / HSR / ELR, but haven't tested), only the streets are displaying in black.

So, two part question:
1. How do I get my transport map mod to work properly again?
2. What file actually contains the RHW region view support and can this be modified to the light yellow or white for streets or roads respectively to lessen the visibility of the 'halo'?

rotaryspdpunk

Some following up to the above:

As a matter of intrigue, I tested ELR, HSR, and both highways--all performed as expected.

My computer is Windows 8, 64bit--though, I doubt that matters.

rotaryspdpunk

...and SOLVED! wOOt wOOt!

Hint 1: Transparent.
Hint 2: #FFFFFF
Solution: #EEEEEE

The streets were white which I suspect is either resolving to transparent or to -1.  Setting them to (very) light gray solved it perfectly.  (I noticed the streets were slightly darker than the rails-#050505-when I plugged my comp into my TV to watch some netflix--gotta love that true black!)

So, this seems rather esoteric at this point, but also seems this knowledge is better safe-kept by the NAM team than I.

This does raise the question of where this came from.  My new comp (Windows 8) coincided with the release of NAM 32, which never saw use on my old machine.  The graphics set-up is another major change from the old machine to new, with the old machine using hardware and the new machine using software rendering. 

memo

I've seen this issue before, too. As far as I know, it can sometimes occur, if you open and save a city without displaying one of the data views – the traffic view most likely. That said, I've seen this issue, but I've seen it go away without further ado, as well, so there is a chance that, in your case, it was just a coincidence that the update of the colors resolved it. The RHW transport map mod does certainly work correctly most of the time, so I'd be surprised if the color of roads and streets resolves to transparent. However, since the other colors like Rail and El-Rail usually display correctly, you seem to have found a valid point. Though, I don't know if any of this may even be required to make the RHW visible, to be honest.