• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Some of the new puzzle piece transitions lack starters, mainly due to slope tolerance.  If there's a starter on there, the transition is extremely sensitive as to what terrain is allowable for placement, and having that situation actually contributed quite a bit to the RHW's reputation of being "difficult".

FLEXing those beasts is near the top of the list as far as future RHW development priorities goes, and we attempted to do so for NAM 34, but there were some really finicky things (and the complicated mess that is the RHW-6S-to-8S transition) that led to it being shelved for later.

-Alex

compdude787

Quote from: travismking on December 26, 2015, 06:26:20 PM
I'm trying to figure out basically how to transition from MIS to RHW4 ... the only button I see for these transitions doesn't have anything to drag from, more like an old-school puzzle piece, and I know it used to work. I'm looking for WIDTH transitions, not the height transitions ATM

edit: NVM the width transitions button does work, the terrain there just wouldn't allow the draggable stub to show up, but why does it not stay as RHW 4 after the transition? I have to plop a starter piece after the transition to get it to stay as RHW 4, otherwise its rhw2, is this normal? pretty sure the transitions used to be started pieces as well

The MIS to RHW-4 width transition was redone in NAM 33; that's why it no longer has starters on it like it used to. If you plop it next to one of the old transitions, you'll also notice a difference in the way it looks. The old one did not have those dashed lines.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

vinlabsc3k

I found a bug in RRW bridges.
The wealth textures appear on all sections of the bridges if touched by a lot on land or water. &mmm
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

mgb204

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on December 27, 2015, 02:36:29 AM
I found a bug in RRW bridges.
The wealth textures appear on all sections of the bridges if touched by a lot on land or water. &mmm

Not sure that would be a bug, this is how the rail textures for the rest of the network work. It does look unsightly on the first tile or two of the bridge, but I'm not sure if that's easily avoided. Best bet would be to refrain from zoning right next to the final tile of rail approaching the bridge for now.

Tyberius06

Hello!
First of all, I love the new features of the new NAMs (33-34), but I noticed some issues.

The first picture shows a road roundabout which was ruined by OWR2. This was noticed by me after I installed NAM 34 and it was good with NAM 33, I made some RD roundabout with OWR crossing(s) preveiously with the NAM 33, and they were fine, but the new ones looks like this on the picture.

On the second picture: what happend with my RHW/MHW tunel? I use the replacement mod to convert the maxis highways to look RHW-4s, and it works fine the common cases, but with the tunel is something wrong, and this appeared after I installed NAM 33 and still there is with NAM 34.

The third picutre shows AVE crossings with streets and roads in different situations, where the crossing textures don't look so nice. What causes this? It might be not a NAM issue, rather I use some mod whitch is conflicting with NAM in this situation, because I remember I saw this with NAM 32 too.
Side question: If I have two street pieces in front of each other but two sides of an AVE, why does the game conect them automatically and convert the intersection to a + crossings? I'd like them separete on the two sides of the AVE without connection? Is that possible?

Thank you for any help!

Cheers,
Tyb
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Tarkus

The Road Roundabout/OWR issue looks to be the result of some recent RUL1 changes.  Maxis took a shortcut and gave almost all the + and T-intersections for One-Way Road x Road in the game the same IID, regardless of the actual connections into the intersection.  The RHW had already had distinguished between these sorts of setups all the way back at NAM 22/RHW 2.0, and in order to get the OWR Signalization and some eventual NWM inclusions working, it was necessary to alter the Road x One-Way Road setups to add new IIDs, for handling the different setups on a case-by-case basis. 

In the process, however, a few crosslinks that involved overrides seem to have not gotten switched over.  The NWM single-tile network overrides involving Road/One-Way Road Ts have previously been reported (though, oddly enough, the dual and triple-tile NWM networks were switched and work fine), and this simply appears to be another case of it.  The initial parts of the change were actually initiated in NAM 33, so that's why it probably didn't work then, either (oddly enough, no one ever reported it until after NAM 34's release, meaning we couldn't fix it). It's easy to address on our end, but not something we can easily distribute a patch for, as it's a RUL issue, so it won't be resolved until NAM 35.

As far as the second issue, that tunnel entrance you have there isn't a NAM item, but rather, some sort of third-party mod that seems to be loading after and overriding the proper Maxis Highway Override tunnel models.  You'll need to find and remove the culprit.

The third picture is also the result of a third-party mod, not anything in the NAM.  It looks like tag_one's Street Intersection Mod from 2009.

As far as the Street connectivity situation, the Street network is an autoconnect network, meaning it'll automatically convert stubs and ends near other network tiles into full-blown connections.  This is controlled by the executable, and has existed as long as the game has been around.  Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it at this point, other than advise caution, and suggest workarounds (like ending with Road instead of Street).

-Alex

APSMS

Hi Tyb!

Firstly, I'm glad you're enjoying the NAM!

Secondly, that tunnel mod you are looking for is Rivit's Tunnel Modd, found here.

I think it's separated by tunnel pieces, so you should be able to safely delete the files you don't want (Maxis Highway) and keep all the rest.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tyberius06

Thanks both of you for the quick answeres!
I figured out, that the Rivit's Tunnel modd causes the tunnel issue, I already deleted the unwanted files and it solved the problem.
And yes, I had the tag_one's SIM installed, but after I uninstalled the mod, nothing changed with the mentioned intersections.
I think I have installed the following mods which may can cause the problem:
Jrj streetside mod, MGB - TGN (EU version), MGB - NGN (I think this is an unreleased experimental mod, but the intersection problem has already been appeard before I installed this mod.) and the japanese NAM Facelift (from the hide-inoki site).
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Tarkus

Quote from: Tyberius06 on December 27, 2015, 06:56:29 PM
And yes, I had the tag_one's SIM installed, but after I uninstalled the mod, nothing changed with the mentioned intersections.

Usually, with T21-based mods like the SIM, you'll need to click the intersection to activate the changes.

-Alex

mgb204

Quote from: Tarkus on December 27, 2015, 03:41:24 PM
The third picture is also the result of a third-party mod, not anything in the NAM.  It looks like tag_one's Street Intersection Mod from 2009.

I wouldn't be too sure on that front. I get some of these texture issues with the avenue network. Update: Actually Alex is right, I've a mismatch with the Avenue/Street textures. However all the textures are from the NAM. The road intersections are because my mod doesn't support the Zebra Crossing option in the NAM.

TGN will not cover these textures, since none of them have grass anywhere. NGN and TGN can NOT be used together. They are the same mod, one replaces Maxis grass with a terrain-compatible grass, the other replaces it with a sidewalk. However both mods are produced from the same repository and contain exactly the same textures.

I'll have a dig through and see if I can upload an override to unify these situations better.

vinlabsc3k

I found another bug in RRW bridges.
In UDI Mode the boats don't cross under the bridges even if the height is right.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

dubldrop

First off, thanks for yet another NAM release in such a short span. Great work everyone!!

I've encountered what looks to be a bug when trying to draw out the RHW 8S E2 ramp

Here you can see me begin to make it

I attempt to convert to RHW 8S

And this is what I get

I get the same result if I try to drag like this as well

Is this a bug, or am I possibly trying to drag it wrong?

Tarkus

Vincenzo, regarding the RRW bridges, it appears they unfortunately had the "Bridge Obstruction" property applied to some tiles, so they will block water traffic.  Ditto with the new NWM bridges.

dubldrop, I'll have to take a look at that specific instance, since it's been awhile, but there may be a dragging pattern issue.  If nothing else, there is an E2 FLEXRamp that can be overridden.

-Alex

dubldrop

Yeah, I was trying to make a D2 wide, Im not sure if I could do that with the flex. I dont have any issues with the D2 though, so in the meantime I will compact the ramps and redesign it later.

Tyberius06

Quote from: mgb204 on December 27, 2015, 09:57:42 PM
NGN and TGN can NOT be used together. They are the same mod, one replaces Maxis grass with a terrain-compatible grass, the other replaces it with a sidewalk.

Hello!

I didn't know that, but it good to know. :) Anyway they hasn't caused any conflicts, but definitely they caused my issues with the avenue-road-street intersections.
Pictures under.
First with the TGN (Sudden Valley - Eu) - something is wrong with the wealthificiation (is that an existing word?, sorry if wrote it incorrectly) with low and medium density, but it's OK with high density.

2nd picture with the NGN. It works fine only high density and only with the AVE-Road crossing.

By the way both are amazing mods (thanks for that), I hope one day you will release officially the NGN mod as well.

mgb204

Quote from: Tyberius06 on December 29, 2015, 12:20:20 PM
Anyway they hasn't caused any conflicts, but definitely they caused my issues with the avenue-road-street intersections.

Thanks for the images, this begins to fall outside of the scope of NAM development. Therefore if you don't mind, I've continued this here on my personal thread.

dubldrop

I have a quick update for you Tarkus. I dunno why I didnt do this in the first place, for some reason it dawned on me tonight to check. I put drawpaths on just to see it the piece was working and sure enough it is. So its just a texture issue, the ramp is still functional

Tarkus

Having just replicated it in game, it appears to be something wrong with the overhanging models, rather than the textures.

-Alex

Anarcho-paladin

Hi there,

Not sure if I should post this in the HSRP thread...

I just want to know if the HSRP transit hub can connect with the vanilla monorail. It sure goes through, but I suspect it might be just because monorail is used to build the elevated highspeed rail. Can the HSRP transit hub be used as a monorail station?

Thanks and happy new year!
;D

mgb204

Yes it can, Monorail and HSR are both monorail networks, anything modded for HSR is really just monorail anyhow.