• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Probably because I work with a different system for importing textures, that always uses the z5 texture ID. SC4 Tools uses the z1 ID, so simply change the last digits from E to A and SC4 Tools will accept them.

vortext

Cosmetic detail with the draggable elevated viaducts roads.

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mgb204

Fix attached :). - see later post for fix containing all the EU textures.

I'm 99% sure it's the right texture, but if not let me know. I hasten to add there are probably a few more problems with the drag EU viaducts. However most of the textures don't have working code, so I'm a bit patchy on the details.

:edit: let's try that again and see if I can upload the fix and not the texture  ::)

mgb204

This time I'm sorry for the double post  ;)

Oh the shame  :-[, for the life of me, I just can not figure out how to drag this ramp out:

It's taken 30m of my life (as long as it took to make all those ortho BTM crossings) and I've given up and plopped a puzzle piece. Honestly, I think it would help if I just knew exactly which ramp it corresponds to on the DRI Patterns Woodknobmaster made. I think it's a D1 inside, but the closest I can get still has both MIS lanes in the same direction to RHW-4. I want to transition from 2xMIS to RHW-2.

Please can someone rescue me, so I can be free to make lovely models for you all instead  :D

woodb3kmaster

That particular ramp isn't included in my diagram, since it uses a completely different drag pattern. Ganaram demonstrated the RHW-2 DRI patterns in the first of his NAM 33 preview videos; this (click) is the point at which he starts demonstrating the Type D1 ramp.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

mgb204

Knew it would be a head banging moment. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

SimNation

Hi guys n gals, I have a nagging issue. I just fresh installed SC4 from scratch after doing a format of my hdds. I atm only have SC4 Deluxe (gog version) which comes fully patched and all that. The only mod installed is NAM 34 , did the custom installation ofc had it install in the my/docs plugins folder, selected everything carefully.

Everything is working but the SAM 10 (Moonlight japanese streets). Only the road textures are showing up but none of the fencing and such like in the original mod. Is this how it is supposed to be? In the modded version there were fencing and such , but SAM 10 there only the streets. I only have NAM installed, did not select that decuppling option at all. Already had the latest version of Java installed before I ran NAM installation as well. The SAM folder shows the SA 10 path files, props,type21. So I don't understand why the fencing,shrubbs etc is not showing up.

Natuurzoon

Hi guys,

Don't know if this was mentioned before, but i'm having some problems with the 2x2 road roundabout.

I built this in a city with NAM 32. Two one way roads derive from this roundabout. As of NAM 34 (as far as i know, could be 33), this roundabout is no longer compatible with one way roads. This now only works with roads and street. I accidentally clicked on this roundabout with the road building tool and now it's messed up &mmm

The test setup in the picture below shows what happens, with the one on the right with a one way road:

SimNation

Quote from: Mero90 on January 13, 2016, 10:58:19 AM
I think you need "Nekopanchi Japanese style road decoration MOD2" to be installed

http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=856&sid=d6e59048f7b948e6b81c093b12311392

You can also find a RHD patch here

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29521-jpn-sidewalk-mod-rhd-version/?tab=comments#comment-638572

Thanks for the reply, after reading everything I have decided to just install Moonlights Japenese RHD SAM 9 replacement mod since it adds all the barriers and such to replace SAM  9 (which I never used) without interfering with anything.

mgb204

Quote from: Natuurzoon on January 13, 2016, 12:31:16 PM
Hi guys,

Don't know if this was mentioned before, but i'm having some problems with the 2x2 road roundabout.

...As of NAM 34 (as far as i know, could be 33), this roundabout is no longer compatible with one way roads...

I can see the problem, when a road curve now connects with OWR, it should produce the new OWR Signals. Looks like this update is interfering with the road roundabouts OWR connections. Confirmed the problem on my install too, so you must be using NAM 34. In the meantime, if you are able to exit the tile without saving, the roundabout will remain correct so long as you don't click a transport network nearby. So if you ever find such issues, try to avoid saving the city. I had a similar NWM curve that was sitting broken for 2 months because I clicked and saved afterwards.

Natuurzoon

Quote from: mgb204 on January 13, 2016, 12:59:23 PM
Quote from: Natuurzoon on January 13, 2016, 12:31:16 PM
Hi guys,

...As of NAM 34 (as far as i know, could be 33), this roundabout is no longer compatible with one way roads...

I can see the problem, when a road curve now connects with OWR, it should produce the new OWR Signals. Looks like this update is interfering with the road roundabouts OWR connections. Confirmed the problem on my install too, so you must be using NAM 34. In the meantime, if you are able to exit the tile without saving, the roundabout will remain correct so long as you don't click a transport network nearby. So if you ever find such issues, try to avoid saving the city. I had a similar NWM curve that was sitting broken for 2 months because I clicked and saved afterwards.

Had a fairly recent save, so eventually decided to reload the tile without saving  ;)

vortext

time flies like a bird

mgb204

Maybe this time I just give you all the textures instead  :P

Now I think about it, I don't think many of the pieces have EU variants right now. This set should have all supported pieces upto NAM 33. A second identical DAT, prefixed _DEV is also included. If you see another texture error, swap the DAT for the _DEV one and pass me the ID, which should now show on the z5 texture.

vortext

time flies like a bird

Tarkus

Regarding the Road Roundabout issue, it's been reported before, and I've addressed that problem on our end.  Some NWM T-intersections were also affected by it.  It'll be fixed for NAM 35.

-Alex

Alan_Waters

I found a problem with the rail switch:

https://youtube.com/v/h6kXb3Iqvdk

This problem was solved, but something I carelessly plopped, now it is not repaired:

https://youtube.com/v/xLIXT_sgV4o

mgb204

Immortal lot syndrome. Try using the Immortal Lot Remover (follow the included instructions VERY carefully). That should remove it.

However, if you get this problem and realise something is wrong, exit the game without saving. It's always safer.

Further info on the problem here.

Alan_Waters

Thank you very much friend! You always save my game, comrade!  :thumbsup:

I could not win:

Patronus

Hi,

I purchased SimCity 4 Deluxe for Mac a few months ago and just installed NAM. The installation worked perfectly ;D- but upon opening the game I still have the old Maxis roadways and traffic simulator  :angrymore: :thumbsdown: :(

Since I haven't updated to the latest patch yet (1.1.1 according to the app store). It seems like you need 1.1.638 for it to work so where do I get that version and is the app store version the older one?

All the files are in the Plugins folder, and the game starts up nicely but the features I chose are missing and sims are still using crappy roads instead of the nice elevated highway that links my 100,000 pop and 40,000 pop cities together  :bomb: And since 10,000 sims use that road per day to get to work- well it's a big problem!