• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adsii1970

@Simmer2:

Thanks for the warm welcome... as you can tell, I've been a long time member, but new at posting... And certainly glad I was not going crazy and that you did not say some of those not so nice comments!

Will install this tonight... Again, thanks!

Simmer2

@adsii1970

What do you mean "not so nice comments"?

Ever heard the doctor expression "Take this pill, with food and call me in the morning"?

Bah never mind  ::)

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

fritzfarlig

I cant find the icon for the newly implemented draggable 7.5m E-RRW (viaduct railway) that comes with NAM v36
in my menu
is that something I have to add when making a custom setup of NAM 36 installation ?

mgb204

In the rail menu, there should be a new Icon labelled ERRW. Starters for both the L1/L2 variants are included, but consist of on-slope/ramps from which the elevated sections begin.

fritzfarlig

no sorry yesterday I check all it is a addon when you doing custom installation of NAM

Kitsune

I've come to realize I need to rip a lot of rrw textures to put them in lots. The issue of course is that they appear a lot darker. My question is there an easy value to input into gimp to lighten the textures so I dont get zebra rails?

~ NAM Team Member

fantozzi

You could try colours -> curves if you want only brighten a certain area of brightness, f.e. the darker colours. Just set some points on the diagonal graph where you don't want to change brightness and level up the part you want to brighten.

But Simmer2 did a lot of rrw textures for lots? Do they not work for you?

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

fritzfarlig

Quote from: mgb204 on March 26, 2018, 05:04:33 AM
In the rail menu, there should be a new Icon labelled ERRW. Starters for both the L1/L2 variants are included, but consist of on-slope/ramps from which the elevated sections begin.

:'( I cant find

eggman121

QuoteI've come to realize I need to rip a lot of rrw textures to put them in lots. The issue of course is that they appear a lot darker. My question is there an easy value to input into gimp to lighten the textures so I dont get zebra rails?

To colour correct in GIMP you do the following in sequence...

Levels....

Levels = 1.2

Hue-Saturation...

Saturation = 15.0

Brightness- Contrast...

Contrast = 10.0

This is if you want to lighten. Darken is the opposite.

Levels....

Levels = 0.8

Hue-Saturation...

Saturation = -15.0

Brightness- Contrast...

Contrast = -10.0

These are found in the colour menu of GIMP

-eggman121

Kitsune

thank you ! That deserves a rep point as a lot of people are going to find that helpful I bet.
~ NAM Team Member

mgb204

Quote from: Kitsune on March 31, 2018, 07:53:39 AM
I've come to realize I need to rip a lot of rrw textures to put them in lots. The issue of course is that they appear a lot darker. My question is there an easy value to input into gimp to lighten the textures so I dont get zebra rails?

GoFSH can be used to batch process colour correction of BMP or PNG files, this contains the perfect values for switching between lot / puzzle textures. You simply point at the folder you want it to process and it will do this all automatically.

Quote from: fritzfarlig on March 31, 2018, 10:34:27 AM
Quote from: mgb204 on March 26, 2018, 05:04:33 AM

:'( I cant find

If you've selected to install RRW as part of your NAM install, it should be there, it's right at the top of the rail menu. Have a look in z___NAM\y_RealRailway, do you have the files RealRailway_Networks_L1_DTR.dat / RealRailway_Networks_L2_DTR.dat? Assuming both are present, you should see the ERRW icon. If not, you may have to re-run the NAM installer and ensure this feature is selected.

Kitsune

Ah ty... GOFSH is the next tool on my learning list. So much new info today ..... appears I'll be ripping 24 textures (times 5 for each zoom  ... oy!)
~ NAM Team Member

huzman

I've installed SC4 Deluxe on my Win7 machine and it works like a Swiss watch. BUT: I have relatively few folders and files. The current problem is that I get a lot of double files, specially in flora and tree department but not only. Is there a way of how to find them? I thought I saw a mod that checks the plugins folder for double entries and/or missing files.

Your help would be God given, thanks in advance
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

fantozzi

Blind guessing: you don't seek the NAM issues thread but you seek Rivits SC4DataNode (https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27675-sc4datanode/).

smileymk

Got some missing paths to report (confirmed with UDI testing):

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

mgb204

Before going further, can I just double-check you are using the LHD patterns as per this post? Since if you used the RHD ones with a LHD game, the paths missing would be the net result.

smileymk

Quote from: mgb204 on April 02, 2018, 01:52:41 PM
Before going further, can I just double-check you are using the LHD patterns as per this post? Since if you used the RHD ones with a LHD game, the paths missing would be the net result.

I did consult that diagram before reporting the issue to make sure I'd drawn everything out correctly, and have just double-checked.

It looks like your documentation is incorrect, when I drag the LHD pattern as shown in the diagram (one-way in, road out) I get missing car paths on the slip lane itself as well as the slip lane entry tile. When I do it the other way (road in, one-way out), the paths for the slip lane work correctly.

No matter what I do, however, the paths on the entry tile (with the hatch markings) are missing as per my previous screenshot, so the issue seems to be with that piece. If I replace the hatching with the regular FTL turn lanes, everything works perfectly.

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Tarkus

The issue with the Type 110 FTL T-End x Slip Lane setup isn't actually an LHD issue, and affects RHD as well.  The path files don't exist.  Drop the attached file into your Plugins\z___NAM folder, and it should solve the issue.

As far as the RHD/LHD instructions on the slip lane building, the way in the documentation was the intended way, but it may be that there's a glitch somewhere in there.  For now, do whatever works.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Instability? Should be easy to fix, although... Alternatively, a texture bug?

I heard you were removing the L2 RHW-2 from the FLEX Height pieces? Looking at this I honestly don't blame you.

I see no way whatsoever of making this interchange more compact unless you can have FLEXFly over FLEXFly. The ramps on the east-west highway aren't the problem, the width of the terminating one is. Is ten tiles seriously the absolute minimum? The QuickChangeXpress for this cannot come soon enough.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...