Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat
Welcome to SimCity 4 Devotion. Please login or sign up.

October 03, 2022, 12:33:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Downloads

Recent posts

SimCity 4 General Discussion / Re: Save a BAT project
Last post by mgb204 - Yesterday at 07:29:08 AM
SC4 BAT can save your project, much like you might save a Word document. By default those will be saved inside the install folder for gMax, gmax\gamepacks\BAT\scenes. Chances are if you did actually save your work, any of your older projects will be in that location.

Just to be clear, the SC4Model files that get exported by SC4BAT are the game ready pre-rendered models. The project itself is a totally different file.
Show us your... / Re: Show us your shoreline/sea...
Last post by ulisse99 - October 01, 2022, 07:56:35 PM
Here is the port of Sarasota. (You can see the construction of the port here)

SC4 Terraformer / Can't export with latest terra...
Last post by Gondracorn - September 29, 2022, 06:54:27 PM
The export button acts as an open as in the dialogue box, so I can't save...

I can export on top of an already created BMP/sc4m/png, but that's pretty much it.

Here's an image.

Problem (Image Link to Drive)
SimCity 4 General Discussion / Save a BAT project
Last post by artemisclark - September 28, 2022, 09:46:06 PM
How to save a BAT project so it can be edited at a later time once it is exported to the game? I have lost a couple of projects that is no longer available to find on my computer. Should they be saved in a certain file format I am using Windows 10?
Landmarks, Parks and Canals Related / Porting SC3000 building into S...
Last post by TomK - September 28, 2022, 08:48:22 PM
Hi, The Wilkinson Building in SC3000 is modeled on an actual historical landmark in Philadelphia, PA. Completed in 1932 the Philadelphia Savings Fund Society Building is the 1st Internationalist Style (Art Deco) Skyscraper in the U.S. Being from the area, I'd like to add it to my city.

Can SC3000 buildings be ported into SC4? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance.
Tom K
So I wanted to doodle with Simcity 4 again, I guess I lost interest in it around later in 2018.

The computer i was using to play Sc4, and to BAT with had a sudden hard drive failure, I didn't even have time to do a backup, so unfortunately, all the projects posted here are until I somehow find a backup of my models more or less to be considered dead.

But there are some good news, I found a 2017 backup of my plugins, meaning that with a new NAM update and such, I should be up and running to play the game itself with the buildings and mods I had, and were familiar with.

I also found a couple folders for my older GMAX BATs, and most of the textures I use. So at least I don't have to start *entirely* fresh, right?

Mayors' Diaries / Re: Re: Waterfalls a New Journ...
Last post by kkffoo - September 23, 2022, 12:06:21 AM
Forum newbie here (because I am playing SC4 in reverse order, starting in 2022 and working my way backwards for the challenge of it :D ).
I hope you continue posting @Pat
NAM How-Tos and Tutorials / Re: Transit Switch Entry Costs...
Last post by z - September 17, 2022, 02:35:40 AM
The first post of this thread has been updated with more accurate values for the TSECs.  The new values are within 4% of the old values, so it's not essential that current stations be updated, as the effect of the new values are minimal.  However, if you are building new stations, please use the new values. 
Independent Mod Projects / Re: MGB's Mods and other stuff
Last post by mgb204 - September 14, 2022, 03:47:44 AM
These textures are supported in the RRW Reskin, if they aren't appearing something else is loading after the Reskin that's messing with them. Ensure the Reskin loads after any other texture mods you may be using, things like RUM for RRW or my SWN/TGN mods for example.
Network Addon Mod (NAM) / Re: NAM 45 Now Available
Last post by z - September 12, 2022, 03:59:47 PM
Quote from: jeffryfisher on September 11, 2022, 10:38:21 AMI'm trying to model some socio-economic factors also, and then it's up to me as city-planner to accommodate the whims of my sims. That means that over half of my wealthy sims will enjoy the privacy and comfort of commuting in their luxury cars regardless of how fast and convenient the local mass transit is.

At the bottom, fully half of my low-wealth sims don't even own cars, so they can't even access mass transit unless there's a station/stop within walking distance of both home and job. If I forget to sprinkle bus stops all around my industrial and dirty residential, I'll get no-job zots even while factories are short on labor.
This is how the default travel strategies are set up.  They can be fine tuned by adjusting the number to rapid transit stations and/or bus stops.

QuoteAt the bottom, fully half of my low-wealth sims don't even own cars, so they can't even access mass transit unless there's a station/stop within walking distance of both home and job.

Walking distance is essentially infinite.  The Sims will walk as much as they need to in order to get to work.  Usually, though, they have access to cars or mass transit that are faster for traversing long distances.