• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

LEX Upload Policy - Updated August 2013

Started by SC4D_Staff, August 22, 2013, 01:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC4D_Staff

As of August 2013, we have implemented changes with regard to the upload procedure on the SimCity 4 Devotion Lot Exchange (LEX), designed to streamline the process of file certification.

• Any registered user in good standing may now upload files to the LEX.
  • Uploads have been split into two tiers: Certified and Non-Certified.

• Certified uploads have been determined by LEX Staff to meet LEX standards.  They will be marked with a yellow background, and green text above the download button, reading "This is a LEX Certified item."
    • All other uploads will be considered Non-Certified.  They will be marked with a light blue background, and red text above the download button, reading "This is not a LEX Certified item."
    • Users may restrict their search for files to Certified files only by checking the "Exclude Non-Certified Files" box on the Power Search.  Additionally, Non-Certified uploaders will not appear on the drop-down Creator Search on the Power Search.
    • Users can report Non-Certified (and Certified) content if they believe there are issues with the file.  LEX Staff will examine the file accordingly.
    • Users who have shown that they can continually produce high-quality content will be granted full certification, whereby all their files and any new uploads will be marked as Certified.
    • Files that are deemed to be substantially below appropriate standards may be locked, with request for author revisions, or deleted outright, at LEX Staff discretion.
  • Please note that while these changes do substantially alter the procedure for uploads, SC4D still seeks to maintain rigorous standards for certification.

We will continue to refine this policy as needed in the future.

-SC4D Staff

NCGAIO

Just for a clarification ... what defines a "registered user in good standing" ?

sorry .. had not read the other topic.!

mrbisonm

Quote from: NCGAIO on August 22, 2013, 07:08:23 AM
Just for a clarification ... what defines a "registered user in good standing" ?

sorry .. had not read the other topic.!

May I ask where "that other topic" is? I would also like to know if I am/am not a "registered user in good standing", especially with my MFP1 Set coming up soon. Thanks.....

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

catty

Quote from: mrbisonm on August 23, 2013, 08:43:01 PM
...May I ask where "that other topic" is?

I'm guessing NCGAIO meant this topic here

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15463.msg466165;topicseen#msg466165

we also running a competition here

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=16061.msg466177;topicseen#msg466177

QuoteI would also like to know if I am/am not a "registered user in good standing", especially with my MFP1 Set coming up soon. Thanks

Fred you are very much a "registered user in good standing" and we are looking forward to yours and Frank's work being uploaded on the LEX when its ready.

-catty
Global Moderator
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

mrbisonm

Thanks Catty for the info and the links.... ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)