• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terring's Terrible Lots!!

Started by Terring7, February 13, 2010, 10:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

Quote from: Evillions8 on March 08, 2011, 03:27:51 PMI do suggest using BSC textures for the trail parks because it would better.  Just you'll have to edit the tone of the textures to fit in SM.

Thank you for your suggestion Evillions, I'll check it out :thumbsup:

Quote from: Evillions8 on March 08, 2011, 03:27:51 PMWhenever I try making lots, I end up with a one-tile grass texture and the rest is what I placed.  What building did you use to make the textures stay as is and not changing into a grass texture?

I know what do you mean and it's very annoying. This is the trick to avoid it. After making the lot and before saving, check one by one all the tiles of the base texture of the lot. If all of them stays the same, save the lot. If one of them turn into grass or something else, remove the unwanted texture and replace it with the texture you want. Then save it :)

Quote from: Simcitler on March 09, 2011, 12:41:33 AMAllthough I do not play SimMars (until yet), I just want to say that your lot work is great.  &apl

Thank you for your comment :)
SimMars can installed separately from Simcity, so you'll have 2 Simcities with different plugin folders, different region folders e.t.c.. No need for manual plugin replacemend e.t.c., just double click to SimMars icon ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

This is the B.S.C. version of the Martian trail paths. What to you think?

Do be honest, i prefer the original SimMars paths. They can be very useful for the creation of "mini roads" to connect the road with some parking lots. However i can use both of them (original and B.S.C. versions) ;)

And some surprises ;D
3 plazas, a playground an a mini spaceport (sorry, only eye-candy)

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

Clad to see that you like it Evillions8 :)

New stuff and more are coming soon...

A large domed park.

Keep your colonists safe with the Military and Rescue Base (sorry, only eye-candy too)

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

New stuff ;D

Full set of B.S.C. style paths

Full set of plopable buildings

Brand new, walls!

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I'm working those days on a mod, that replaces almost all Maxis buildings with SimMars buildings. For now I reloted all R$ lots.

The Choice is Ours
---

Biriali

Man, that has got to be a lotta work! Kudos to you!  :D
Nemo sobrius saltaret

Terring7

Sure it's a lot of work. According on my calculations, this mod will be ready somewhere in August.
The Choice is Ours
---

HappyDays

Need help identifying a couple buildings, and a couple questions.

First of all:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8086/simmars2.jpg

The big blue building. I haven't found it in Sim Mars. Where did you get it?

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5131/simmars10.jpg

Same with the big blue building in this one. The design looks familiar, like it was made by the same person who did the coruscant that's in another one of your pictures.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/622/simmars12.jpg

And the blue building in this one.

The reason I ask is because I'm working on PIM-Xing some new high stage high-tech industrials, and at least the last one would fit in well. Second question:

May I please use some of your re-lotted Sim Mars lot files as the basis for some PIM-X work I'm doing, to provide more buildings for CAM? This necessitates being able to redistribute the lot files once I'm done. Reason: You did a fantastic job of lotting these buildings; I couldn't do a satisfactory job in comparison. Furthermore, it seems to me an obscene waste of good lotting for me to throw it all away and attempt to repeat the feat.

I would give you full credit, of course.

"Sure it's a lot of work. According on my calculations, this mod will be ready somewhere in August."

I've dealt with Maxis lots, in a project I attempted. Good luck, man. It's really going to try your patience.

Terring7

Quote from: HappyDays on June 05, 2011, 10:45:39 PMFirst of all:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8086/simmars2.jpg

The big blue building. I haven't found it in Sim Mars. Where did you get it?

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5131/simmars10.jpg

Same with the big blue building in this one. The design looks familiar, like it was made by the same person who did the coruscant that's in another one of your pictures.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/622/simmars12.jpg

And the blue building in this one.

Those buildings are not from SimMars. You can find them from here and here. You can also find props to make your own Coruscant buildings. Be careful however, those buildings are huge and have plenty of details!

Quote from: HappyDays on June 05, 2011, 10:45:39 PMMay I please use some of your re-lotted Sim Mars lot files as the basis for some PIM-X work I'm doing, to provide more buildings for CAM?

Yes, you can. However, you'll need the textures and the props of SimMars. Check their forum and ask for permission.

Quote from: HappyDays on June 05, 2011, 10:45:39 PMI've dealt with Maxis lots, in a project I attempted. Good luck, man. It's really going to try your patience.

Thanks &blush :)
The Choice is Ours
---

HappyDays

Thank you, Terring! Because of the number of buildings, which I don't think were made by one person, I doubt I can get out of requiring Sim Mars as a dependency. Oh well.

I wasn't aware those buildings were props from the coruscant mod...hmm.

Terring7

My mod "Memories of the Colonists" (you can find it in my signature) has SimMars as a dependency.
The Choice is Ours
---

j-dub

QuoteThank you, Terring! Because of the number of buildings, which I don't think were made by one person, I doubt I can get out of requiring Sim Mars as a dependency. Oh well.

I wasn't aware those buildings were props from the coruscant mod...hmm.

If in case the STEX is down when looking for SimMars, at least you can find and Download vanilla Sim Mars 2.0 from 

HappyDays

Well, I asked the question because it seemed only Terring's file was down. Then I noticed other files down. So, I deleted the post to keep from looking like a moron.

Clearly I failed. <_<

Terring7

Oops! I did it again! I didn't update the link of my mod. Click into my signature again to get it.
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

Sorry for the double post... You need SimMars Beta 3, not 2. Due to the size (277MB) the file is hosted on a file hosting site. There is no need to register for downloading.

Download here:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/AnUQ64m

Scroll down to Free User, click Download File

Alternative Download at ModDb.com:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/simmars/downloads/simmars-beta-3-installer
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I just finished with the dirty industries (I$)

I think I add too much white smoke. At least it's better than the black one ::)

Dirty industries can now fit better in a cleaner, futuristic environment :)
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

All farms are finally reloted ;D

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

Need a fountain, but you don't have enough room in the ground? Build it in the roof ;D

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---