• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dragon Islands Cities

Started by Skimbo, June 06, 2010, 10:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

louistsw

Nice rice field :thumbsup:

I love the RHW crossing the field. :D
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

Skimbo

Replies:

@Myself.or? : It would wait very long for the next JR500 because this part of the line is still under construction... I think it focuses something elles next to the ground...  Cul de sacs are a nice idea, I may install it (When updateing my plugins folder next time)

@daryl7478 : Really? wow, I've got to search for a nice picture of the phillipines then :) (Maybe it inspires me)

@louistsw : Tank you :)

Update eleven

Heyho and welcome to the eleventh update of my journal. Today I will introduce you my secound bigger city of the region, It's called Lòng Chèng. The city is located on the dragon's head. But because only parts are finished you will only see some detailed pictures of some streets.

The first place I'm going to show you is the central station and some buildings around it.

Every half an hour A JR500 arrives from or departures to Longhù. And every ten minutes a commuter train of the local "Dragera rail cooperation" headds to the airport, to Dà Nàng or along the dragoneye boulevard. (They are using Tokyu 5050) as their main transport vehicles.

This station is one od the ends of the main light rail line:

A nice building along the main rail line...

The citie's main libary hides behind skyscrapers...

The most beautyful temple of the city does not so...

This is one of the smaller transfer stations, it's kinda hideing behind the buildings around it. A train to Dà Nàng just arrived at this moment.

In my opinion this is one of the most beautyful intersections of the city:

And the final pic of today shows a Tokyu5050 driveing along the Dragoneye Boulevard

I hope you have enjioed this update :)

Comments and constructive critics are as always very welcome.
Greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo :)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

nbvc

Great MD. &apls
Where did you find these rice fields?

Skimbo

The rice paddies can be downloaded here ;)

Heyho and welcome to the twelth update of my MD

Today I will sow you some finished parts of Lòng Chèng that still is a big construction area.

First some day pictures. Atthe first picture you can see one of the few finished suburbs, there are still higher buildings next to the main road and ther position is a very central one.

That's the new A20 during rush hour

This small part of the city has been buildt as a filler, I wanted to build the stadium ot here but this huge complex did not fit in very well, so it has been banned out of this area.

Same part at night

You can find a lot of interresting things next to this district. For example this old shopping street....

...A sopping mall combined with a rail station....

...or this nice temple. It's home to a very big green diamond. A legend tells that it was a gift by an old dragon.....

Let's jump to the northwest. Finally the district to the west of the central station is finished, this is the result:

Tenzin of the german Sim forum asked me if I could post a screenshot of the region. I think you will be interrested in a screen as well....

Region:

Region with city names

And a region pi that shows the main traffic routes.

I hope you've enjoied this update.
Greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo :)

Coments are always welcome.

planetechef

really nice, i like your train, it's look like a japanese speed train, the rice field are of course a great touch, well done  &apls
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

wallasey

Great work all round, keep it up!

RickD

Beautiful nightshots. And the overview with the transport routes is very interesting.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Skimbo

Heyho and welcome to the 13th part of my MD.

Today I'm in favor to make something unusal for my MD: Today's pictures are following a line of the Lòng Chèng rapid transit network. The rapid transit line    starts at the core of the city and leads to the southern suburbs.

It leads from Chēzhàn mǎtóu to Zài qiúchǎng shàngcūn and has only five stations between them

The names of the stations are on the pictures but the chineese is not really perfect and has some misstakes ::)

The rolling stock is as usual for Lòng Chèng a special version of the japanseese Tokyu 5050 Series in 3,4,5 or 6 car trains.

That's the intersection with the lines 6 and 4

Line 4 ends here (upper platforms)

Here line 3 meets line 1, platforms one and two are reserved for the more important line 1, platform 3 is the one of line 3.

Another view from the eastside...

The only rail-road crossing on the same level.

and the last station....

This is the "Lòng Chèng Rail Transit"  logo:

And a plan of the line.....

The excange stations are marked

I hope you've enjoied the update, greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo :)

Comments are always welcome :)

RickD

Love your public transit system. So realistic!

Whats that station at Platz des Friedens? I am fascinated by how it goes over the diagonal avenue.
My name is Raphael.

Skimbo

@rick D: I've got it from Bripizza's site

Update 14

I finally had enough time to write the 14th update.

The first pic of the update does not fit with the others, I just took it because I liked the scene....

(The only thing I can say about it is that it shows one of the actual ending stations of the line U1^^)

The core of today's update are my first tries to use a nice "flora" prop set that I've found on simpeg. I'm shure that it's not the best that cn be done with it but a beginning....

This small park along the water is located next to the northeastern end of the dragon's eye...

same park a bit more to the southwest

and a last time from another perspective...

After some practice I've buildt another park along the water, this area is located next to Sūn nòng station....

The worth of theese appartments shureley incrased :D

And also this area won a lot of beauty:

But not only this small piece of land, the whole district did....

And the same from the east again....

I hope you've enjoied this update.
Greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo. :)

Comments and critics are always welcome  ;)

Skimbo

No comments this time  &mmm ...... happens.....

Heyho and welcome to the 15th update of my MD Dragon Island Cities. Today I will show you some nightpics I've collected during the last week. But first I've got some screenshots of a new L train station next to the west end of the dragoneye. That's the point where two "underground" lines meet each other....

Now to the nightpics.

You may know this area from the last update, a member of the german simforum asked for a nightview of it and I thought maybe some of you find it interresting as well......

You may also know this luxury hotel tower from the last update. I made this picture because I liked the background, especially this tiny little sailing boat down there.... ;D

^^ they must hava a great view of the skyline down there..... ^^

This luxury restaurant is located in the downtown, Every important guest of the city is invited to have his/her diner there. The reasons are a very good view over the city and a creative and professional cook. The picture was taken after 1 am, so please don't wonder why it's so empty....

This area is located next to the western lakeside.... hm, I have to show you some pics from down there in one of the next updates....

Modern and creative architecture can be found very often at Lòng Chèng....

A soccer match ended at the main stadium about one and a half hour ago, the light will be turned off as soon as the cleaning forces have done their work......

Some nice skyscrapers have been constructed at the office center next to the dragoneye.....

But my favourite one can be found in the core of downtown:

I hope you've enjoied this update, I don't know what exactly I want to show you next time because the city expanded a lot last week....

Greetins from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo. :)

(Comments and critics are always welcome)

nedalezz

Wow, those are some great updates! I especially love your work with the residential houses, and the way you have done them alongside the water is truly beautiful.

Your night shots are also a sight to behold - overall, this is fantastic work!

RickD

It is interesting to see such a "rural" coastline in such a big city. I had expected a fancy waterfront promenade there. But I get used to it and now I actually like the contrast. Especially in pic 3 with the brightly lit modern houses in front of the lake.
The station in the first pics is also very well done. I just think the four roundabouts are a bit much. I'd use regular intersections there but make the ring around the station as one way road so that it forms a large traffic light controlled roundabout around the station.
My name is Raphael.

Paul 999

Great city, i like the urbanity! Your light rail and high speed rail looks interesting.

I have one qeustion where have you download this building? Or what is the name of the building. I like it and will build it in my city center.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2738/comcity.jpg

Battlecat

Great mix of urban and rural development.  I like how you detailed you shoreline!

philly_boy

This is very nice indeed!  ;D ;D

Skimbo

Replies:

@nedalezz: Thank you, nice that you like it :)

@RickD: A traffic light cotrolled roundabout can be something nice too, I will try it next time, thx for the hint :)
And nice that you like it :)

@Paul999: I will search for the link when I'm home again tomorrow (Because here I've got a 50KB connection, Damn slow) and post the link.
And nice that you like it too :)

@Battlecat: Thank you :) Yours in your CJ gave me some inspiration too ;)

@strucka: Thank you :)

philly_boy: thank you too, nice that you like it ;D

And now:
Update 16 "Commuter track"

Heyho and welcome to the sixteenth update of my MD Dragon Islands Cities :)

Do you remember the rail station of Shì dàotián? (Update 7) It's possible to see something more than just the usual XTER trains since last monday. The LCRT Cooperation (Lòng Chèng Rail Transit) stretched the line 2 until this station, part service but direct trains into the downtown and to Dà nàng. It's a reason for me to intreduce you to line 2.

Shì dàotián. A for the LCRT typical Tokyu 5050 series train is waiting fort the green light.

The train departures as usual punctual and heads through the rice fields.

The first stop is Lǎo Gang, Here you can find a small industrial area beside the old habour. (after which the station is named)

Luckily the other train on this image was a bit too late....

A old steel bridge buildt in colonial times crosses the Dragon's Neck.

Another curve, another sraight piece of track....

The next station is Lóng Dàquiáu.

Lóng Dàquiáu is the last not suburbian station. Fom now on the trains will dive into the suburbian regions of Lòng Chèng.
The first stop on the city area of Lòng Chèng is Xiaocun. A parking garage and some bus lines make the trains more attractive.

Rice fields... a last time along the A2...

The line meets a bit later the shinkansen line and it will follow it for some miles...

Jiē de méigu  is the first stop in real suburbs, and the last one :D

The stationXīn shìchǎng is below a shopping center, transfer to the line U2 is possible. Btw. The name of the station means ,,new market"

Lǎolù, next station, next transfer station, this time to the line U1...

A train crosses Hàn jiē shortly before it arrives at the station with the same name....

This station is one of the last not modernised ones, no glass roof and about the lengh of two train wagons shorter.

That's the point where line 2 meets line 1 and 6...

Central station, busyest station of the city...

A train on it's way to Zài Shì zhōngxīn.

The station at the downtown hides behind the skyscrapers. The tracks crossing aboth are the ones of the line U3......

The city boarder to Dà Nàng is reached in some moments. This train heads to Tíng zài hú, the last highrises of Lòng Chèng to it's left.

The stop Tíng zài hú was a station in colonial times, tuday it's building is used for different things. It also can serve only 4 of the reccomended six wagons with it's plattform lengh...

Dà nàng. The last station, since the departure at Shì dàotián a half an hour went by....

This is a small mosaique that gives an overview of  line 2....

^(I know that theese three pics are saved in PNG, but in this case they need less memory than JPG, at least, Paint.net said so....)^

Is someone interrested in how the interior of a Tokyu  5050 looks like? Here is aexample.

I hope you've enjoied this update,

Greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo.

Comments are always welcome :)

NASCAR_Guy

http://a.imageshack.us/img696/5626/007pdi.jpg

I want to know where I can find the building on the left.
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Biriali

Wauw...  :shocked2: I don't quite know what else to say. You're certainly doing a good and very impressive job with this MD. I hope to see many more updates.
Btw, where have you found all the "temples"? I would really like to know  ;D
Nemo sobrius saltaret