• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... Computer Desktop

Started by Shadow Assassin, May 04, 2007, 04:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

It's a Ped bridge so wouldn't need to be part of NAM...It could be a TE ploppable, although it would need to be an addon to SG canals (and Jeroni's possibly) as it projects into the water and would require BATing with the canal model rather than the rendered version.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

TheTeaCat

This weeks desktop pic for me is this shot of Europe at sunset. One of the more spectacular shots from space. Hope you like this as much as me :thumbsup:

Quite a few lights on in the desert don't you think?

:satisfied:
TTC

Edit: After a number of PM's asking about this pic
I attach a copy for all of you to enjoy :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Berethor

Beautiful desktops!  &apls

Here is mine, the wallpaper is the same as the avatar. I really like it.  :P

The tea cat, your desktop picture is awesome   :thumbsup:  I see that Germany is pretty illuminated  :o

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

Ennedi

Great images all  :thumbsup:

And here is my last

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Gaston

These are all fantastic desk tops.   I do have one question.    How are you all getting the start/task bar to be at the top of the screen?   Mine is at the bottm and always has been.   I know it is a silly question to ask but, there it is.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

glepet

All you need to do is click and hold the mouse over the taskbar and drag to the top. It will move up there. You can also move it to either side. Make sure that the "Lock Taskbar" is unchecked, though.

Gaston

Thanks glepet.   There is sooooooo much about computers I have no clue about.    &ops   I always like to tell people that when I was learning about computers, we programmed on punch cards.     :o

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

TheTeaCat

Mine is there because its easier to use.

If you think about it all the "window drop down menus " well drop down but you had to keep going down for the start bar. Ergonomically it was killing me :'( 

now not so much &mmm

TTC

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

TheTeaCat

Sorry to bump thread but its been over a week so I may get away with it ;)
My current desktop :thumbsup:

TTC

XiahouDun

Quote from: TheTeaCat on June 24, 2007, 04:30:23 PM

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9858/06252007002711hh1.jpg

TTC
The Bean! I love staring into it. Though last time I was in Chicago, there was like 50 elementary school kids under it screaming, and it was echoing in the whole park.

My current (oddly enough changed it right before seeing this thread. Was Alyson Hannigan):
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

meldolion

Quote from: TheTeaCat on June 24, 2007, 04:30:23 PM

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9858/06252007002711hh1.jpg

TTC

Wonderful desktop you have :)
What's the tool running on lower right of the screen?

TheTeaCat

@meldolion:

Its my dashboard :D

It a program called Samurize (Free one). linkie to site and downloadIt allows you to create stuff and link it to sensors on you pc.

Its a little something I made myself so i can see quickly if the pc is ok.

The main dial on the left shows the processor speed which is also shown as the red line (History) in the bottom part.
The main dial on the right is the memory shown as green in bottom part.

The smaller one to the left of the date shows the inbound and out bound traffic on my network. This shows as blue in bottom part.

In the lower part the drives shows the free space left on each one. and it also displays what is playing on whatever media player is being used at the same time.

If you get the program I could send you a copy of the config file I use and all you'd have to do is link it to your sensors ;D

If any body else would like it just ask ;)

Now for todays desktop

TTC

meldolion

Quote from: TheTeaCat on June 26, 2007, 11:46:03 AM
@meldolion:

Its my dashboard :D

It a program called Samurize (Free one). linkie to site and downloadIt allows you to create stuff and link it to sensors on you pc.

[...]

If you get the program I could send you a copy of the config file I use and all you'd have to do is link it to your sensors ;D

If any body else would like it just ask ;)

TTC

Yeah! I'd really like to have your config!! I'm just dowloading the program now

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

pickled_pig

The picture is the Hirshhorn Art Museum in Washington D.C.

cameron1991

This is my latest desktop

A full-size version can be found here
Thats most of my friends at school, some of the others were standing behind the guys in this picture thinking "what the hell are they doing"
Today the concrete around here was covered in mashed fruit after we had a giant fruit war with some other students  ::)

schm0

TheTeaCat: That background reminds me of Shadows of the Colossus... except with lava. Anyone else play that game? I highly recommend it. :) One of the best games on PS2 EVER.
schm0

freedo50

Heres mine:

From the internet comic at Giant in the Playground.

Fred