• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

N1's Gap Fillers

Started by N1_2888, February 09, 2011, 12:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N1_2888

I was suggested to open an own BAT thread some time ago. As I have just finished two new buildings, I do so now. Why did I start BATting? Well, though a huge variety of models is available for SimCity, there are still some situations, which they do not cover. My models are intended to fill some of these gaps.

Feuerwehr-Bereitschaftsraum (2007)
(How could I translate this? "Fire Service Readiness Room" ??? )

This small BAT is a kind of counterpart of the police kiosk from Maxis.

Beige-graues Zinshaus (2007)
("Beige-Grey Tenement")

In prepo's set of diagonal Helsinki BATs such a building is missed. ;)

Rue Bourdon (2009)

A joint project of my SFBT fellow voltaic and me. Created due to the haunting lack of Parisian houses with no shops or offices in the ground floor. ;D

Yet nameless 270 degree corner building (2010)

A victim of gmax' mirror tool bug (objects that are mirrored this way can't be textured properly). Deferred until further notice.

Boulevard Fribourg (2010)

The first Paris-styled house that is designed to cover diagonal right angles.

Rue d'Arlon (2011)

Two buildings covering 225 degree angles. My first 3ds Max models.

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

serebii666

Humana Humana Humana!!!! The last one is awesome! &apls &apls :thumbsup:
"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

vester

Great work.

Maybe tone down the textures on the Beige-Grey Tenement. A tad to clean and bright.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

N1_2888

@ all: Thank you! :)

Quote from: vester on February 09, 2011, 01:04:32 PM
Maybe tone down the textures on the Beige-Grey Tenement. A tad to clean and bright.
This old BAT would generally need a complete revision. ;)
_____

Just to show what is possible now just because of some gap filling:

(To avoid any misunderstandings: Of course most of the buildings on the picture above were created by Porkissimo and Xannepan. ;) )

Evillions8

Can you make a Paris CJ?  That's really good skills!  &apls &apls

Pertaining to your BATs, you're planning releasing them?

N1_2888

Quote from: Evillions8 on February 10, 2011, 04:15:50 PM
Can you make a Paris CJ?
I have already started a mayor's diary (about my region "E Pluribus Unum") whose last cities are strongly influenced by Paris. Although I consider the region as being finished, some future improvements can't be ruled out, but there are no specific plans now.
QuotePertaining to your BATs, you're planning releasing them?
Generally, publishing BATs made by SFBT members is the job of Andreas. Nevertheless I suppose that it is very likely that "Rue d'Arlon" will be released not later than December 1st to December 23rd (you may know the SFBT Advent Calendar ;) ). The two old BATs (from 2007) are not going to be published on a kind of grand scale (i.e. LEX) because nowadays people rightly expect higher quality.

JonM

I think the mirror problem is a normals issue, what you should do is "Reset xform"  by either going to utilities, or adding a "xform" modifier. Then collapse it, then it might turn black, because the normals are flipped, so add a "normals" modifier and tick flip normals, then collapse the stack and you should be good.

SimNation

Lovely work so far your style will go nicely with the already released Porkissmo,Xenna,and Jenx bats. Cannot wait to see more from you nice work.  :thumbsup:

N1_2888

@ JonM: Thank you for this invaluable hint! &apls
@ SimNation: Thank you too! :)
_____

Quote from: N1_2888 on February 09, 2011, 12:20:18 PM
Yet nameless 270 degree corner building (2010)
--- pic ---
A victim of gmax' mirror tool bug (objects that are mirrored this way can't be textured properly). Deferred until further notice.
Now it's time for further notice. ;) Though the mirror tool bug has lost its terror I nonetheless have decided to rebuild the model with 3ds Max. It is still far away from being finished, but definitely looks better than its untextured grey predecessor: :D

bap

N1_2888, your efforts to create buildings to fill in the gaps in diagonal setting are much welcomed!  &apls
I already have the very useful Boulevard Fribourg and I am looking forward to see the Rue d'Arlon & 270 degree corner building available soon for the public.

Sciurus

Waow, an excellent building you did, very useful! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

peter007

Very nice building.
There's so much detail  &apls

-Ernst

iskrem

Your latest building looks fantastic, and your two earlier paris bats blends perfectly in with Porki and Xannepans paris buildings!
We really need more paris bats to fit the into the diagonal roads.
Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Regards Iskrem

philipp-3108

releeease your stuff please!  ;D ;D

N1_2888

Quote from: philipp-3108 on May 14, 2011, 02:08:00 PM
releeease your stuff please!  ;D ;D
see Reply #7 ;)
_____

The model is finished (more or less):

Aaron Graham

Lovely work here, and you did great with the night lights. &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

legoman786

I need some downloads please!  ()stsfd()

I can wait, though!

philipp-3108

your stuff is not low quality. and even if it is a bad quality, it looks better than all the gaps in my city :D