• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version 30 Is Here!

Started by Tarkus, September 15, 2011, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

The NAM Team is pleased to announce the long-awaited release of NAM Version 30.  The product of a 13-month development cycle, NAM Version 30 offers the following:

• Elevated Road, One-Way Road and Avenue viaduct models have been revamped, with new orthogonal-to-diagonal curves added to One-Way Road and Avenue Viaduct sets.
  • Numerous new Tram-in-Avenue, Tram-in-Road and Tram-on-Road puzzle pieces, many of which dramatically improve diagonal functionality.
  • New Elevated Maxis Highway Interchanges for Tram-in-Avenue, and improvements to existing Diagonal Avenue Elevated Maxis Highway interchanges.
  • New Underground Rail puzzle pieces have been added.
  • NAM Controller and Bridge Controller files have been updated.
  • New Turn Lane Extension Pieces (TuLEPs) have been added, including TuLEP Rail Crossings.
  • Avenue Roundabouts Plugin updated, adding new BSC Ripptide filler, and support for Flexible Underpass (FLUPs) functionality.
  • Two new styles of Draggable Ground Light Rail/Tram with easily-customizable base textures have been added with the optional Draggable GLR/Tram Extension Plugin.
    (Please note that due to the model-based nature of this functionality, the natively-built pillars on the Elevated Rail network had to be removed.  You may need to reconstruct sections of your Elevated Rail network to re-add the pillars with this plugin installed.)
  • RUL updates for the RealHighway Mod (RHW), Network Widening Mod (NWM), Street Addon Mod (SAM) and soon-to-be-released Diagonal Bridge Enabler (DBE), all downloaded separately.
  • Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool (TSCT) updated to Version 1.2.6, reflecting proper One-Way Road capacities.

Additionally, this marks the release of RealHighway (RHW) Version 5.0 and Network Widening Mod (NWM) Version 2.0:

RHW 5.0 includes the following features:

• New "V5-Spec" texture set, with improved scaling and aesthetics.
  • New networks--in addition to the Double-Decker RHW-4 (DDRHW-4), the RHW-3, Elevated RHW-2, Elevated RHW-6S and Elevated RHW-6C have been added.
  • FlexSPUI system, allowing for a flexible, overrideable Single-Point Urban Interchange system that can be elevated.
  • RHW Regional Transport View Mod by jondor added, allowing RHW networks to appear on the Regional Transport View.
  • Fractional Angle RHW (FARHW) system expanded to include FARHW-6C, and numerous new transitions and exit/entrance ramps.
  • Basic, stable draggable diagonal and curving functionality added to the RHW-6S, 6C, 8S, 8C and 10S.  New RHW-3, ERHW-2 and DDRHW-4 networks also support limited diagonal functionality. (ERHW-6S and ERHW-6C cannot yet curve
    or go diagonal.) Please Note: If you have built any RHW-6C diagonals with Version 4.0 or 4.1, you will need to rebuild them.
  • New, simpler ramp interface nomenclature system, coupled with a number of new ramps.
  • Draggable Ramp Interface (DRI) functionality added to RHW-6S and RHW-8C networks.
  • Additional functionality for FLEXFly.
  • Many new cosmetic pieces, allowing you to better control the look and realism factor on even more RHW networks.
  • DDRHW-4 plain bridge added.
  • Improved stability and pathing.

NWM 2.0 includes the following features:

• Three new networks have been added, including the triple-tile 6-lane Avenue and 7-lane Turning Lane Avenue, plus the single-tile 4-lane Narrow Medianless Avenue
  • Draggable transition functionality, allowing easier connections with default networks, other NWM networks, and networks in the RealHighway addon (downloaded separately).
  • Basic diagonal and curving functionality for dual-tile and triple-tile networks (note: this does not include intersections).
  • Numerous new T-intersections, including dual-tile networks ending at single-tile networks.
  • Limited support for diagonal intersections on single-tile networks--this functionality is still experimental and offered on an "as-is" basis.

We've got another surprise up our sleeve as well, which will make an appearance a short while from now.  We can't say just what it is (after all, we like to surprise people), but it's definitely something.

Thank you to the entire community for their continued support!  We really appreciate your patience during this marathon release cycle and we hope you enjoy our latest creations.

Here are the download links for all the components on the LEX:

NAM Version 30 with Essentials r132 for Windows

NAM Version 30 with Essentials r132 for MacOS

RealHighway Version 5.0 for Windows

RealHighway Version 5.0 for MacOS

Network Widening Mod Version 2.0 for Windows

Network Widening Mod Version 2.0 for Mac

NAM Essentials has also been updated to r132, but since NAM Version 30 already contains Essentials r132, it is not necessary at this time.

-The NAM Team

Dexter

Wow I can't wait to try this out!  ;D  I really am lost for words as to how much hard work the NAM team has put into making SC4 a much better game, even 8 years after it was released  :thumbsup:.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

Jayster

I saw this thread about 2 mins after it was posted and started freaking out because there weren't any links in the original post, day before my birthday too.  ::)

Great job guys!

Jayster

MandelSoft

Wait no more, my fellow City Builders. The long awaited NAM 30 is here! I'm glad we finally come to the release of this mod. Let the awesomeness continue ;)

I know we're gonna make a lot of people happy ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Delecto

&apls &apls &apls

Fantastic work guys, thank you so much for all the hard work done!

Delecto!

joshua43214

Thank you ever so much all of you for the time and effort you have put into this update.
After reading through the post of updates, I am amazed you all got it done in the time you did considering this is a labor of love and no one is being paid for it.

Would you please expand on this statement?
Quote from: Tarkus on September 15, 2011, 10:35:35 AM

• RUL updates for the RealHighway Mod (RHW), Network Widening Mod (NWM), Street Addon Mod (SAM) and Diagonal Bridge Enabler (DBE), all downloaded separately.

You kindly provided links for NAM, RHW, and NWM, none for the SAM or DBE. I looked for DBE on the LEX and could not find it.

Thank you again
Josh

Tarkus

Quote from: joshua43214 on September 15, 2011, 11:03:47 AM
You kindly provided links for NAM, RHW, and NWM, none for the SAM or DBE. I looked for DBE on the LEX and could not find it.

The DBE hasn't been released yet, though it's listed as it'll be supported out of the box with NAM Version 30/Essentials r132.

As for the SAM, the mod itself hasn't been updated since the Version 3 release in April 2008, but thanks to jondor, who added a ton of RUL2 stability code, it works a lot nicer now.  The download links are below for that one:

SAM Version 3 for Windows

SAM Version 3 for MacOS

-Alex

Jayster

gn_leugim

"Thank you to the entire community for their continued support!  We really appreciate your patience during this marathon release cycle and we hope you enjoy our latest creations."

NO!, we thank you for these awesome works :)

Jack_wilds

Now don't be pulling my legs guys  :-X...Is it really here ()what()   :shocked2:... 

&hlp yay!! NAM Day 2011!!!  &dance

Thank-you... Thank-you...Thank-you   ()flower()

For all all the work time efforts, frustrations and constant Sim speculations, you guys did it again, and its all well appreciated!

JackWilds

Girafe

Indeed thanks guys for all your work  &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

io_bg

I couldn't really believe my eyes when I saw this thread's name! :O Just installed all the new goodies and am loading the game right now. Thank you very much!!!
P.S. I just talked to Ivo (ivo_su) who also wants to thank you but will do that later on.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

citybuilderx

Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

RickD

Woohooo! The new NAM is out!  ;D ;D ;D

Oh, nooooo! I can't play this weekend.  :'( :'( :'(

Maybe I could ask my girlfriend if we could celebrate her birthday a week later this year? I mean, it's the new NAM, after all. She has to understand, right?  $%Grinno$%
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

MamaLuigi945

I'm going to explode with excitement!  ;D

art128

Hallelujah!!  Plus, I think the whole NAM team deserve a K point for all the hardwork ! :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

wallasey

Big well done to you all!

You all deserve plentiful rounds of beverages of your choice!!!!

kassarc16

Quote from: Tarkus on September 15, 2011, 10:35:35 AMsoon-to-be-released Diagonal Bridge Enabler (DBE)

Whoa whoa! Wait a minute, when did this happen? Hadn't heard a peep anywhere about that one!

Glazert

Well, thanks for this. I know you didn't deliberately choose the timing for the evening before I have to go away for four days. I just hope I manage at least to download it tonight so that it will be all ready for when I get back. Then I will really feel grateful!.