• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Democratic Kingdom of Royal Cytheria - Updated 24th February 2008!!

Started by pipishere, June 09, 2007, 06:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threeswept

pipisphere...so glad I stumbled upon the DKRC over here...what a stunning collection of photos and a great storyline, too! I'm sure there will be regular visits from me.

Emperor Stormont

Fantabulous update Pip, looking great indeed.

Loved the rain and fireworks and I really loved the space shot what did you use to create that???

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Yoder7652

Nice update Pip...I like your entrance photo for the 7 Wonders of the SCJU contest, looks like a place I should visit ;D I also love the stadium shot that you have there...I've never seen this stadium before, is this something of your creation or have I missed a gem somewhere? ::) keep up the good work, can't wait till your next update. ;)

Strechnitz

And a very nice update for Cytheria.

I like your ruined temple city. I think it is a sure winner for the seven wonders of the SCJU. ()stsfd()
I look forward to the next installment :)

Strech.

Yoder7652

pipishere

pat - Thanks alot...i'm glad you like it....i just hope i'm accepted! :)

tooheys - Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Kimcar - I don't i'm afraid...too much on in RL to come over...i do apologise! THanks for commenting too!

kwakelaar - Thanks for stopping by and i hope to see you around :)

threeswept - Again i'm glad you'll be following and i hope you like this one as much  as the previous updates!

belfastuniguy - Thanks alot! I basically cut out the shape of Royal Cytheria and placed it over a terrain image i found on google. Placed it over the top and just adjusted it slightly. Then added "clouds" using the cloud thingy on photoshop :) Took me a while lol!

yoder7652 - Thanks for commenting and i hope i get accepted with my wonder bid...fingers crossed! I see you found it! lol :D

Strechnitz - Many thanks....again i hope i'm accepted...i let you know the results when announced :)

The 25th July is the official founding of the SCJU and to mark the very special day this year, Royal Cytheria has put on an array of festivities for the people to enjoy.

The main event was a concert starring no other then.......

.....The Sugababes, Placebo and Dame Shirley Bassey!

The event was due to take place in Parliament Boulevard but due to a recent security scare the venue was moved to the Royal Akai Stadium in Leon-Owen.

For those that could not attend a large screen display was set up with live streaming in Stefaniak Square.

Earlier on in the day during a smaller venue in Delphmire, the planned fly-past in Leon-Owen was moved to Delphmire and was a spectacular sight to behold flying the entire lenght of the Grand Boulevard,

For the first time in seven years the light that shines from Millenium Spire was turned off as to not blind the pilots!

Later in the evening, during live streaming of the concert, a firework display was put on in the Marina of Delphmire....

....along with a display in Sutton out over the Sutton Strait.

In conjunction with the Union Day celebrations the SCJU is holding a competition to decide which national wonders are to be included in the SCJU's list of SCJU Member Wonders.

Please vote for the Temples of Semtania when voting opens on ST!! Thank You :D

thundercrack83

Outstanding celebration, pipishere! Good luck in the voting!

kimcar

&apls &apls Very nice celebration you have done. very colored Great for ours eyes.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pat

PiP that was awsome!!!!!!!! What do you use to edit your photo's? ? ?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Yoder7652

great update Pip...looks like everyone had a good time at the celebration...love the fireworks and the flyby!

Strechnitz

Well pip, one thing is for sure. That Cytherians know how to party when the time is right ;D

A very nice unionday update.

And good luck wth the 7wonders of the SCJU competition.

Strechnitz

Emperor Stormont

Truly fabulous update Pip, I do believe we all had hangovers from Union Day (far too many Bellini Cocktails)

The lights and fireworks were perfect and set everything off so well, also loved the outdoor screen shot, simply wonderful  :-\

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

pipishere

Welcome to yet another update here on Royal Cytheria. This one is in the aid of the recent Sim Calcio Semi-Finals play off between the nations of Calderwood & Domeston!

Flyers went out all across the hosting city, Sutton, and the surrounding suburbs.

The event was held in the new Sutton Metrodome in which a spectacular pre-game fireworks display was put on.

Here you can see the crowds arriving at the Metrodome in anticipation of what will will no doubt be a great game!

Transport is no problem as the new GLR line ends at the Metrodome in which most hotels are on the line....so no excuses for coming late as there is a regular service!!

Here below we see the Domeston teams hotel, Sutton Atlantia, which is directly opposite the dome to easy access for training during the day.

Here we have the Calderwood teams hotel, Plaqsk Court Hotel, closer to the city centre. (The Red Building)

Now on to the game!

Both teams put up an amazingly good performance in both halfs with Calderwood dominating and scoring the first 2 in the first half.

Domeston however scoring one just before half time, quickly picked up the pace and scored a further 2 past the Calderwood defence in the second half.

The final scores were.....

3 v 2

Commiserations to Calderwood and congratulations to Domeston!

A great evening was had by all!

(I will do replies in the next update) :)

Pat

Very good and sweet looking PiP...  i loved the area around the arena..

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

thundercrack83

Beautiful stadium, pipshere! I've never seen that one before. Which stadium is that?

Oh, and by the way...Congratulations on making to the Ones to Watch category!

tooheys

Pip, sorry I missed the last update.  You do wonderful work with your pictures. I was especially
impressed by the pic in the previous update with the "live" feed from the stadium being
shown in Stefaniak Square. Brilliant  :thumbsup:

The night pic's and the stadium are impressive.

Congrats on the move to "Ones to Watch". I will be watching and expecting great things (no pressure ;))

Cheers

Dave

kimcar

&apls &apls Very nice night pics. Very colored . Have a nice game  :thumbsup:

pipishere

It is indeed with some sadness and yet excitement that i must inform you all of my CJ being put on hold. Royal Cytheria is currently undergoing a bit of a re-generation which will bring even more realism and enjoyment for me and those of you who follow my CJ.

I will of course update every now and again with teaser shots and of course the results for the SCJU Wonder.

So i leave you for now and hope you follow once re-generation is completed.  :) ;)