• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 33 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, July 29, 2015, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Tarkus on August 03, 2015, 12:47:10 AM
The 8C A2 is indeed without an elevated version, so that's an intentional omission (no models) ... We did add a ton of elevated ramps this version, but this is still Phase 1 of a longer-term project.

-Alex

Sorry to hear that. If it isn't too difficult, I'm willing to learn how to make elevated ramps, from start to finish - models, paths, etc. All I need are the relevant tutorials and the elevated RHW model parts and specs, and I can give it a try.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

GDO29Anagram

Video 8 has now been published. (For those wondering, it was previously unlisted.)

http://www.youtube.com/v/NoUBt1vNb7I
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Quote from: dyoungyn on August 03, 2015, 04:59:20 AM
My only question/concern is will the dragable ramps be slope tolerant?  I primarily make this type of ramps for more realism THANKS to such wonderful people such as the NAM TEAM.  AGAIN, GREAT thanks and simply REMARKABLE!

Intersections produced by dragging flatten slopes, and many of the patterns for the draggables use intersections, so at those points, they will not have slope tolerance (though the rest will), but they should still behave better than the old puzzle piece ramp interfaces.  The FLEXRamp system is designed to be the more slope-tolerant version, and uses 04 INRUL flags at the intersection points, which don't create the same flattening effect.

-Alex

fire

Kitsune

We just need some kind of non-video printable guide too. I'm the SME for my company's IT service catalog .. that is over 600+ items, and no way can I fit even more in my head.
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Quote from: fire on August 03, 2015, 03:39:34 PM
allez vous faire des  nouveaux ponts

Translated: You'll make new bridges?

We will have some new bridges in NAM 34.

Français: Nous aurons quelques nouveaux ponts dans NAM 34.

Quote from: Kitsune on August 03, 2015, 04:17:26 PM
We just need some kind of non-video printable guide too. I'm the SME for my company's IT service catalog .. that is over 600+ items, and no way can I fit even more in my head.

We're still figuring out just what will happen with the non-video documentation.  I know with the new draggable ramps, we do have some visuals that will be unveiled shortly.  I did a SimTarkus post on the broader topic earlier.

-Alex

Jack_wilds

HI and Hello from a dry and we need rain now Fox Valley

congrats on getting to this juncture with NAM33...  :)

looks promising  :thumbsup: &apls

and as such, I got mine!   :bnn: :bnn: :bnn:

so if I should find anything worth reporting...  %confuso  I will pass it along  ???

:satisfied: :popcorn:

Kitsune

Quote from: Tarkus on August 03, 2015, 04:22:32 PM
Quote from: fire on August 03, 2015, 03:39:34 PM
allez vous faire des  nouveaux ponts

Translated: You'll make new bridges?

We will have some new bridges in NAM 34.

Français: Nous aurons quelques nouveaux ponts dans NAM 34.

Quote from: Kitsune on August 03, 2015, 04:17:26 PM

We're still figuring out just what will happen with the non-video documentation.  I know with the new draggable ramps, we do have some visuals that will be unveiled shortly.  I did a SimTarkus post on the broader topic earlier.

-Alex

New bridges? More Details? ie networks  ;D
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

I can't remember off the top of my head as to just what those new bridges are, but we already have a modest stockpile of stuff started for the NAM after this one.

-Alex

eggman121

Well in terms of bridges these are some I made a while ago for the RHW...

These may make it in. They are a hybrid between the DBE and the  Normal Bridges. As you know you can't put too bridges together but a Bridge and a DBE setup breaks this lock.

-eggman121

Simcoug

Eggman, I know you had been working on a variety of RRW bridges... will those make it into NAM 33? 

eggman121

Quote from: Simcoug on August 03, 2015, 06:42:41 PM
Eggman, I know you had been working on a variety of RRW bridges... will those make it into NAM 33? 

Unfortunately the answer is No. I still need to tidy up some things and there is already enough work on our plate so they won't make it in this round. But it is most certain that they will make it in at a later stage.

-eggman121

Simcoug

woodb3kmaster

With all the new draggable ramps in NAM 33, there are a lot of new drag patterns to learn. Ganaram has done very well in demonstrating these patterns in his videos, but it isn't all that easy to refer to a video while you're playing SC4. Having a static image to look at while building your RHWs is much easier (especially if you can look at it on a smartphone or tablet). With that in mind, and after getting it vetted by the NAM Team, I proudly present: the compendium of DRI drag patterns!

(Click for full resolution.)

This image shows how to draw every DRI in existence with color-coded arrows. Each color represents a distinct step in the dragging process, beginning with the yellow arrows. The placement of disconnectors for building Inside DRIs is also shown, as are extra steps for converting a RHW-6S Type X2 DRI into the equivalent RHW-8C and 10S ramps (with the blue and purple arrows, respectively). This guide should give you all the information you need to build any DRI you want.

Enjoy!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

b22rian

Zack,

this is an incredibly useful idea you have put together to further supplement Gram's videos to help RHW users work with the new NAM 33 Build.

The community could not possibly thank you enough for this  &apls

amazing work here my friend !

Brian

mgb204

Seconded, I know the similar thing that was done for the Dragable Road FAR setup a little while back is my number 1 reference too. I think you probably deserve a Karma Point for your work here if someone could action that on my behalf.

CasperVg

Thanks a lot for that helpful guide. Well deserved K-point indeed.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Wiimeiser

Autoconnect utterly destroys the usability of Flexcurves for everything except RHW-2. Ironically, only Flexcurves are affected.

Situations like this are physically impossible with the new pieces.

Yeah, if you can fix this, you'll be serving hard time.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Abrams124

Hmm strange for me this isn't an issue,anyways you can use the disconnector piece,also if you draw the inner curve before the outer,it won't autoconnect.
Also why is it ironic that only flexcurves are affected?ploppable curves can't be overriden by draggable components.

Wiimeiser

I'd say it's a bug in the footprint. May have something to do with being LHD or using the EUR disc version.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...