• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

U-Build-It SE - Daloa Sights

Started by emgmod, October 24, 2009, 09:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where to head to next?

Daloa Part 2
1 (20%)
Train to Colbitz
3 (60%)
Other (specify)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Battlecat

This is a fascinating approach to the game.  I don't have a lot of suggestions for where to develop, but I can help with the farm plugin issues.  This should help get you started: 

Jmyers Farms Volume 1
Jmyers Farms Volume 2
Jmyers Green Meadows Farm
Jmyers Dairy Farms
Jmyers Farms Volume 4
Jmyers Corn Farms
Jmyers Tobacco Farms

All the dependency packs are listed at the bottom of the window launched by the hyperlink except for volumes 1 and 2 which are listed in a readme included with the download.  There's tons more farms out there, but based on the current style of your MD, this should get your started pretty nicely.  Let me know if you want another list of links!  Looking forward to your next update.

kbieniu7

The name od the country... hmm... maybe Mosavia? :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

dragonshardz

Call the nation the Republic of Ilu'a.

emgmod

I'll make replies later.

On an unrelated note, I'm going to release the flag and a map of where we are.

This is our flag. It's simple, but I like it.

This should be able to tell you where everything is. Green is Invernessen. Blue is Colbitz, the capital. Orange are other noteworthy cities (U-Build-It V2 and 3).
--Relocating country...---

emgmod

***Replies***

soulchaser:  Thanks for the information. I decided to block all maxis though.
Battlecat:  Those farms are awesome. I also think I downloaded one of them a while ago.
kbieniu7:  I have no idea what where that name came from. But unfortunately, dragonshardz...
dragonshardz(Pat): ...won the naming contest again.
Tomas Neto: Thank you.

I'm going to update soon, once I get BSC No Maxis Files. I somehow can't find it.

sumwonyuno

I do like the flag; it's a break from the usual + or cross of many made-up flags I've seen.  Hmm, I don't see orange on the flag...? ()what()

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

kbieniu7

Congratulations, of chosing name  :D
I invent the name... from nothing. Just the name could be likely to few real names :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

emgmod

***Plugins I got***

kbieniu7SFBT Old Farm, SFBT Swiss Farm, SFBT Western Swiss Farm, SFBT ARAL Gas Station, Something from Poland that I don't want to mess up on the translation.
zahrul3: NetworkSoutheast train skin
Battlecat: JMyers Farms: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Me: A maxis blocker. Forgot which one.

***Replies***

sumwonyuno:  That last line was talking about the map. I'm moving Illu'a from the planned area because of a border dispute with Lower Columbia(Nyhaven).
kbieniu7:  Well, at least you're creative with the names.

The all new Maxis-B-Gone!

[Facing North] As you can see, while there are some good custom content farms, there is a bunch of land that still contain Maxis farms.

[Facing West] The town council decided to demolish the farms and advertise cheap land for farming.

[Facing West] While new custom farms were rapidly being built, a proposal was made for a large farm in the area of this picture.

[Facing West] The land was cleared, and the fences were put in place. Considerably larger than the other farms, this new farm is divided in two by a road.

[Facing West] At the end of the year, Invernessen Apples started business.

[Facing West] At the other side of the border, the few farms in East Invernessen were rebuilt.

[Facing West] Of course all the increased production caused by the new farms made the whole town grow. New shops started popping out, including the ugly Maxis ones. This is the time when either Smalltown USA or spa comes to the rescue.

[Facing West] Here is a close up of "Downtown." You can now clearly see the Maxis buildings hiding between the custom content buildings.

Finally, here's the new region shot.

***I need from you today...***
-We need someone to decide on a water pumping building. That is, if you think Invernessen needs water right now.
-Commercial Plugins. A lot of small commercial buildings.
-Need... More... Farm... Plugins...
-Who wants to have a road named after them?
-Where to expand the farms?

KoV Liberty

Cool!

Quote***I need from you today...***
1. -We need someone to decide on a water pumping building. That is, if you think Invernessen needs water right now.
2. -Commercial Plugins. A lot of small commercial buildings.
3. -Need... More... Farm... Plugins...
4. -Who wants to have a road named after them?
5. -Where to expand the farms?

1. I think some by Simgoober would be best.
2. I'm not very sure... Maybe some of the med density by Illtonkso. But those are a little to high density and early for a farming community.
3. I have no idea...
4. Sign me up!
5. I'd say more toward the mountains...

Anyways, a very good job! Looking foreward to more!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

ecoba

Wow, you've made great progress on this project!

I would suggest a No Rail Dirt Modd, you can find one on SimPeg. (PLEX, Must be registered.)

Ethan

Nanami

Great work, from the begining until now.

sumwonyuno

The town's turning out pretty nicely, and no more Pedriana!

Cyclone1001

4- I want to have a highway named after me! :P
5- I say build a bridge across the river for more farms.

Battlecat

Looks great!  The new farms look very nice already.

3: I've got plenty more farms that I can direct you too.  Granted they require the CAM, so this will only be helpful if you're using the CAM.  I'll keep it to one link today since the dependency list is long, and doesn't have hyperlinks.  On the bright side, there are 35 farms in this pack.  BSC Farms BLS Revised

emgmod

By the way, here's the map of the United Republic of Illu'a. Green is the area that you see right now. Blue is the capital I'm making with the content I have.

Detailed replies are coming later.

sumwonyuno

Ahh, so you do have more ideas (other cities/towns) for your region.   :P

I don't know why, but it seems like off the Washington-Oregon Coast is a popular spot to place regions.

Luke09

Hey nice map.How about expanding the farms more to the hills and mountains?keep it up  :thumbsup:
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

emgmod

***Plugins I got***

Gunny510Pizza Hut, MP White Castle, BSC Irrigation Canals LEX STEX.
Driftmaster07: Coffee Pot Water Tower
ecoba(Ethan): SWAMPER-PEG No Railroad Dirt Mod
Battlecat: BSC Farms BLS Revised

***Replies***

Driftmaster07:  I never knew about Simgoober water towers. They are amazing. I also don't know what to name your street. Drift Street doesn't sound right to me. Artubian Road?
ecoba:  Thank you for commenting. I was thinking if I should use the no dirt mod or the realistic dirt mod around the time you commented.
976:  Welcome to U-Build-It. Thank you for stopping by.
sumwonyuno:  There was never a Pedrina plant. However, West Invernessen is about 4 years older than East Invernessen because of Whack-A-Pedrina games.
Cyclone1001:  Nobody asked for their name on Route 27 yet. The new name is now Route 27 - Cyclone Highway
Battlecat:  Don't worry, I have the CAM. I also had half the dependency list too. And don't worry about the lack of hyperlinks, as long as there's hyperlinks in the readme, I'm fine.
kbieniu7:  Can you narrow down that list a little? I don't want too many non-English Plugins right now.
sumwonyuno(2):  I checked a few CJs/MDs in the area, and if all of them existed at the same time, Illu'a would be attached to the mainland.
Luke09:  Thanks. I'm probably going to expand the farms to the hills on the other side of the river. Best of both worlds!

I need to catch up on mapping.

When I promised you can have a street named after you, I forgot to make a map with the street names. The next update will have an Invernessen road map, an updated title picture, and an updated signature picture.

***I need from you today...***
-A simple way to make a map for someone who has zero Photoshop skills.

An Edit:
Here's a simple map I made. (North is to the right)

Red = Sum St.
Orange = Starks Rd.
Yellow = Strucka St.
Green= Tepodon Rd.
Blue= Drift Rd.
Purple= Cyclone Highway(Route 27)
Black= Road to be named later