• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Yes, it's there!

I uploaded the Farm Fields Set version 2.0 to the STEX and, for the first time, to the LEX.

So now my hands are free for some other projects....

gn_leugim

yeye  &hlp

latter at night, when I get home i'll get my hands on them :D

mrbisonm

Woohooo! It's there!......................."running to the LEX"
Quote from: FrankU on November 15, 2013, 03:26:51 AM
So now my hands are free for some other projects....

Hm.....that didn'T go into a deaf ear. I will finish the models of the barns (the ones that didn't come out nicely from the rendering process) on Monday evening. (my first day "off" for the next 4 months)
At least this will be a start. This also will definitively put aan end to the "Main-Buildings" Part of the MFP1. ;)
From there on we'll see......

Darn nice fields, I will try them in the beginning of the week..

Fred

EDIT:

BTW, the "Plop and Grow" subjects could be international. I mean, just leave it in English. Since I speak several languages, I visit sites like Simcity Brasil, ToutSimcity, SimcityPolska, etc regulary and see that in the forums they almost always mention these two words in english. Even on the Chinese site you can see these expressions. So, why not just leave them like this. Everyone will understand.
Then, the idea of kellis with the dutch flag is great too. I'm for it. ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Flatron

Nice :)
Imho, it should have been "geploppt" instead of "gesetzt" in the german version, as you can actually decline the word ploppen in german: ich ploppe, du ploppst, er/sie/es ploppt, wir ploppen, ihr ploppt, sie ploppen :D

kelis

Finally we got this great set !! Thank you my friend, you did a great job making all this farm lots to create this set  :)

I'm with mrbisonm about the plop/grow words, as He told you, you can find those words in every simcity page.

Groeten uit Spanje Frank  :)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

gn_leugim

Hey guys, can I ask, when are the props made by Mrb released?

I ask this not just because... I am planning to do some big changes on my farm plugin repertoire as I am not pleased with what I have so far.

These farms you released now are amazing and will suit just great my needs for farmland (I haven't dl them yet, but I will, just clearing the way ^^) as they are, in most cases, just what I found here in Portugal. The catch is, so far, there is no really good farm (buildings) lots for me. The maxis', SG's and Pegasus' are too American, MB's are too Italian (also big and saturated in colour for my taste) so, I am left with very few choices. really few...

Seeing Mrb's props and buildings was a joy to my eyes, really, as most of them would fit Portuguese context, together with some of Franks prop families (btw, these new props will go into families too?) would be great.

Also, I might use the Stage 0 idea, as most farms fields dont have nothing but the crops. :D

mrbisonm

Quote from: gn_leugim on November 19, 2013, 04:01:42 AM
Hey guys, can I ask, when are the props made by Mrb released?

Well, hard to say at this moment, but this might give you an idea.

My plans to finish all the props (several hundreds) that will be in the MFP1 set, during the christmas/newyears period of 2013/14. Of course, there will be some missing props in this set as planned before, but there will also be a sort of an Add-On later, which will contain all the rest of the plops, such as machinery small implements.....etc.

I will not release the MFP1 though at the same time. FrankU will have the time necessary to build his farmlots with them first and once he is finished or about to finish, I will release the MFP1 (Modern Farm Proppack 1) . And this I don't know when exactly, maybe FrankU will be better to give you a rough idea of his Farmset release dat.

Me too I will maybe have some time in between to create some farmlots with them, typical North-American types though, and them also will only be released when FrankU's set is ready. If I don't have the occasion and time to do them, then it'll be later.

Sorry that it takes so much time, but life hasn't been so generous with free time for me, neither my health, which is not always in topshape. But I will finish it, that's for sure and that is what counts. There will be enough props in all these sets (MFP1 and MFP2 plus Add-ons) that you can rename the SC4 game to Nexis Simfarms. lol

gn_leugim, I am sure that you will be pleased with the MFP1 set, since my plan was to combine farmbuildings (props) from most parts of the world in the same pack. Besides this pack will be treating more the Modern Buildings of Farming than the typical and older style buildings from a specific area. Today the world has shrunk and building styles are more concentrated on the practical than on the aesthetical and traditional side, therefore making them all similar. ;)

This week or maybe next week, I will certainly and slowly start rendering my models again and continue the ones that are already finished. I will show some pics here when this has started again. So, don't go away too far. ;)

Fred

gn_leugim

So glad to ear that Fred (May I call you Fred?)

I have some props ( small in number though) for some more typical portuguese farms, so I can get busy on the stage 1 farms, maybe stage 2, who knows ^^

FrankU

Hi gn_leugim,

Like Fred said: it's hard to tell.
First I have to wait for his props to arrive. Then I have to relot many farm lots. I have about a 100 at the moment. They are all semi or almost completely finished, but without Fred's props. I only use the barns and sheds that he showed in the thread. All others are not yet in my hands, althoug I have experimented with some manure piles and conveyors, but I am not sure if these are final already.
What I am certain about is that many lots wil change drastically with the stuff Fred is preparing. It might even mean that I increase the number of lots.
So please, be patient with me.

Anyway: I fear it will take some time.

Your remark about the Stage 0 lots makes me think: would it be a good idea if I release these already as separate set? In fact They are ready on my HD. The only thing is: I need to finish the multi language Custom Query, but that won't take more than about two weeks: asking for translations, receive them, implement them.

I can start that process tomorrow (now it's too late already).

Frank

gn_leugim

Quote from: FrankU on November 19, 2013, 01:13:15 PM
So please, be patient with me.

I am patient, take your time ;) I was just wondering, that's all.

Quote from: FrankU on November 19, 2013, 01:13:15 PM
Your remark about the Stage 0 lots makes me think: would it be a good idea if I release these already as separate set? In fact They are ready on my HD. The only thing is: I need to finish the multi language Custom Query, but that won't take more than about two weeks: asking for translations, receive them, implement them.

that would be a great idea! I also plan to do the maxis equivelents so I can use them too (I said I dnt like maxis, but I what I don't like is the buildings, not the farm lots).

Regarding the Translations, right now I can't provide you with the PT ones, as I am at work, but latter at night I'll take care of it ;)

mrbisonm

FrankU, I can't imagine or remember that I sent you a finished manure set yet. Please send me a copy of it to my email address so I can verify if you have the final set. Thanks.

I am about to finish rendering the last Mainbuildings, these lots that had some errors. Then I will verify the manure set and finish rendering the shed set. Dilos are also almost ready to test.

I decided last night to include a few of those small props with this pack, instead of including them all in an Add-on. Of course the Add-on will still come, but it will be a bit smaller than planned.

This weekend I will "re-start" the BAT for good and get it going again.

btw, gn_leugim, of course you can call me Fred, everyone does. ;)

gn_leugim

dilos? :o what are you saying?  $%Grinno$%

I have take a step ahead of you Fred, I have returned to bating issues already, but slowly  :P

mrbisonm

Quote from: gn_leugim on November 20, 2013, 12:42:35 PM
dilos? :o what are you saying?  $%Grinno$%

I have take a step ahead of you Fred, I have returned to bating issues already, but slowly  :P

"Dilos".....of course! Don't tell me you don't know what dilos are?

Dilos happen when you have too big fingers for your keyboard. lol.....sorry, I meant "Silos".  The "S" is just beside the "D" on the keyboard and sometimes the finger touches both when it is big and comes with "combinations" of letters.

In other words: It's a typing error.......lol ;) I think that keyboards are sometimes made for either japanese (just like their cars, too small for a full grown man) or kids, but not for Viking descendants. lol

Fred

A Nonny Moose

Hi Fred,
    Just following your link from ST.  This seems like a rather massive project and I hope it is going well.  I am more or less committed to PEG's SPAM but I will certainly keep a finger on this as well.  I seem to have most of the dependencies so far.  &apls

My Canada includes Quebec

Reform

Ditto, for other reasons.

I had to remove SPAM for large region CAM play, so I am anxious to see final results of your work. It seems that I finally found practical limits for SPAM/CAM combination.  :D

- Ilja

mrbisonm

It's a pleasure to see you here, John.
Cam is something I don't actually like, it gave me a lot of problems at their beginning, maybe it has changed, but all the CAM models/lots that I downloaded, I have re-lotted and re-tweaked to grow "normally" the Maxis way. I have no problem this way. SPAM however, I like a lot except the "country traffic" mod, which causes a conflict with my files.

I think, that we will need both, SPAM and our MFP to have a natural grown good and realistic countryside in our Simlands. SPAM has older looking barns and farms, while ours (MFP) will have more modern farms from today. In some countries, like here in Quebec, older wooden, high and medium barns are disappearing slowly, being replaced by much larger and bigger buildings made from vinyl and metal.

Frank will have the first opportinity to make farms, mostly Dutch farms, but they can easily be used for other countries and traditions as well, since I have visited irl Dutch farms several times being a farmer myself and compared them with North-Americans and the difference is hardly noticable in most cases. Besides I am lucky, he is one of the best LOTters around. Then later, I will create some more typical North-American farms that we mostly encounter from Vermont and Quebec to Alberta and California and from New Foundland down to Mexico.

It should be great, I say to myself, whenever I go through my gigantic MFP model folder......lol

Fred

Reform

It is funny that I use CAM to control the overal growth of my large (52x44km) region. Standard Maxis setting would already be pumping max-stage lots, even for low density zoning -  while CAM allows me to control growth factors and stages. My region runs slow and smooth, just as I need it to do for CJ purposes.*

Funny thing is, that I have played with CAM/SPAM combination since the SPAM came out and didn't have any problems with my previous 44km2 regions - and there have been many. Maybe I hit some sort of threshold with this one.

Ok. Now I am just sidetracking us.

What I meant to say, is that I am expecting your project to cover a good portion of what I lost by removing SPAM from my planned CJ region and act as a welcomed addon for my other active (CAM/SPAM) region.  :thumbsup:

I had a small honor to take part of this project by doing translating work for Frank. To read what was coming fed my aptite. To actually see what you, Fred, has been up to is also something to expect.

- Ilja

* Sorry to constantly speak about CJs instead MDs. I spend most of my time where my personal pages reside.  ;)

gn_leugim

I have the same feeling, as, just as I said a few replies, I want to remove the SPAM (buildings) as well most SG's and MB's out of my plugins folder as they are just toooo american to me. therefore these project is one to look up too :p

From my part, any help you need, please, ask, i'll gladly help within the spare time I have :)

FrankU

Both gn_leugim and Reform,

I thank you both for your help. I finished the translation issues of my queries.

And @ all

In fact I finished the farm lots, except one issue. This issue concerns the rate of growth of the lots. What I want to achieve is that the Stage 0 farm lots grow in a balanced amount together with the Stage 1 lots of my set and also the Maxis farms. If that works as desired I hope that the farms will also grow in a CAM region together with other people's farm lots.
They must grow in a CAM region in a balanced way, because they are meant for CAM! And then I hope they will at least behave more or less polite in SPAM regions.

When I test them now they grow quite rarely in relation to the Maxis stage 1 and 2 lots. So here is the question I try to answer: how can I achieve that my Stage 0 lots grow as often as the Stage 1, or a bit more often, and also more or less often as the Maxis Stage 1 lots?

As far as I know there are several properties that I may alter that have an influence: Jobs amount, building worth and maybe bulldoze cost (?), but maybe also occupant size of the building, size of the lot (number of tiles) and other properties? I will search this forum and do some testing with edited properties.... It will take some time and maybe I need some help.

This gives Fred the time to do some prop production!

I'll keep in touch,

Frank

gn_leugim

Now that's a really good question I want to know my self.

When making my diagonal lots, they were intended to grow in corner lots. but, if they had their frequency the same as orthogonal (non corner) lots, the effect is ruined because in the corner lots will grow both of them. I found that having a higher capacity increases the chance of not letting this happening. however, the only issue I found is that the only happens well when the last stage is archived (stage 3 for low houses) where the greatest available where the diagonal and hence the ones to grow more frequently. even then, its not as I would desire. :\