• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

VirtualEden ?!...?  ::)

Wow , for sure I would have never expected to hear (read) that name again ...  $%Grinno$% No other choice than to salute your perspicacity Antonis:thumbsup:
VirtualEden has been the childhood of AntigOne , I even don't remember when I started it ... end of 2004 maybe . I was working on since several month when I posted the first pictures in December 2005 . And I was so ignorant about so many things ...  ;D

VirtualEden : http://www.simphoni.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13155&st=0&start=0

« Quartier Alex » , « Quartier Touraine » , « Place des Alpes » , « Les Pauvres » , were growing mega-Lots from BarbyW , uploaded on the STEX  -  I think they aren't available anywhere any more ...  -  I've used them ( both reworked in several versions )  for AntigOne main city , and I'm sure that many people use to think that , about residential , AntigOne is a plopped city ...  that's their problem , not mine . I've explained again the process here several times , page 62 notably : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=217.1220    . I don't see what I could add except that , since that time , Porkissmo's BATs are still a perfect standard while Xannepan's ones ( before Gare du Nord ) are outdated . They belong to history nevertheless ... we have had so much enthusiasm with them . ::)
And , about growing mega-Lots , my technique is outdated as well . Today , I would use PIM-X to create them from ground zero .

The rule about 250 items per Lot was wrong and that statement as been updated as well here , page 14 : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=217.260   . Something , that said , I did never try to understand more is why some Lots are limited to 250 items while with some others you can save 1280 items - that's the real limit ... I guess that you can adjust LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData files number with  Ilive Reader , but , to tell you the truth , I did never have the needing to do that . I encountered the problem with AntigOne's main park and simply splitted it in 4 or 5 ( I don't remember exactely ) Lots .

Well , I hope to give you at least the begining of answers you're waiting for ... but I invite you to read back AntigOne as I gave at many occasions ,  informations , techniques , advices & tricks ( I know that a Table of Content would be necessary ... ) , and , by clicking on my signature , you can also visit the Triumphal Way Project . I gave some more tricks about LotEditing too , in  « Badsim testing ground » . :thumbsup:

Quote from: Orange_o_ on January 18, 2011, 04:18:31 AM

The fact that the use of this set pleases you is encouraging and allows me to envisage its development.  ;)

That decision would make my day/month and , maybe ,  even year , David !  >:D

Bat , Joe , Connor , Fresh Prince of SC4D , thank you ! ;)

Arne , I'm still waiting for your icon template !  ;D  :thumbsup:

Noah , you can also check that other great train skin from Antoine : http://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads.php?view=1798

« Corail » is my favorite , because I've got plenty of personal souvenirs about it . ::)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Girafe

&apls &apls

hehe, I didn't post here last time, so now I do  :P
&smrt

At first fabulous landscapes, Orange's rivers look good despite of few graphic bugs -

Concerning the curves with these SAM textures, I saw in a MD that someone have/make them, don't know how he did but could surely be interesting, as they are the most used by the community ::)

I will send you my river item, but it is not good according to me...

The Corail Train is not yet finished, I need to integrate night lights, what could be easily to do (I think) but I need time...

I would have removed PEG's rocks, they are not good at my taste  $%#Ninj2   

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Une_ame

Chich ! I've just finish reading from page 1  :-[.

Man, a lot of stuff up here. And everything is near perfect has I was expecting. I write "near perfect" in order not to bruise your humility  ;) !

Well, well, what else,

1/ you should stop annoying the nicee little trouts with your brother, even in SC4 (don't lie, I saw you near that roman bridge  $%#Ninj2).

2/ Please, keep on doing nice stuff with the trains. Cause I like it, But that, you already know.....

And a big thanks for your senses of detail and observation because without them, no Antigone.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Orange_o_

Quote from: Girafe on January 19, 2011, 07:37:49 AM
 Orange's rivers look good despite of few graphic bugs -

Quote from: Badsim on January 18, 2011, 01:32:15 AM
Let me say right now that I didn't  follow that rule and have used there my instinct instead of . It can be seen at the closer views ; some tiling borders and superimpositions but I  love the overall

:P

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

vester

Quote from: Badsim on January 19, 2011, 07:00:50 AM
Arne , I'm still waiting for your icon template !  ;D  :thumbsup:

Didn't noticed your respons :P

Send you a PM with the templates. Got them from Andreas, I think.

Evillions8

I can't say anything....

:'( &apls

travismking

I am speechless ... This is one of the most beautiful scenes from SC4 I've ever seen

Badsim

Quote from: Girafe on January 19, 2011, 07:37:49 AM

Concerning the curves with these SAM textures, I saw in a MD that someone have/make them, don't know how he did but could surely be interesting, as they are the most used by the community ::)

I've never seen such curves , and even never heard of it ...  ??? Do I need to precise how much you did arouse my curiosity ?  ()what()
Despite what you think about your water , I'm sure we can do wonders with it ...  :P

Quote from: Une_ame on January 19, 2011, 07:52:58 AM

1/ you should stop annoying the nicee little trouts with your brother, even in SC4 (don't lie, I saw you near that roman bridge  $%#Ninj2).

Don't worry about that , Emmanuel , there's more than 30 years we didn't annoy them  ::) ...  :(
Thank you very much for your valuable comment , highly apreciated . :thumbsup:

Quote from: vester on January 19, 2011, 09:59:32 AM

Send you a PM with the templates. Got them from Andreas, I think.

Thank you both so ...  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Evillions8 on January 19, 2011, 05:43:57 PM
I can't say anything....

That's already good to know ... Thank you . :thumbsup:

Quote from: travismking on January 19, 2011, 06:07:23 PM
I am speechless ... This is one of the most beautiful scenes from SC4 I've ever seen

Thank you Travis:thumbsup: ... I do not despair to show you the most beautiful one . ;D

I can't stop to play with David's River Kit ... how touchy the use of it is , that's a new challenge to master it .
To train myself I'm currently drawing an hairpin turn for the river . And , to embellish that wild scene , I've added an abandoned manufactory ( like in France , we can still find many along our rivers ... ) which has become a meeting place for canoeing practice ...

Some farer views , so you can see how I'm working and progressing ...

I rather feel like a painter with his paintbrushes than like a SC4 player ...  $%Grinno$%

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Orange_o_

My friend I expected nothing less from your talent.

I think I should correct the color of the river, and increase transparency.

Finally, even without tiles 45, you get to turn.

Note: Do you go to the Club?

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

bat

Like always an awesome update!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more fantastic shots... ;)

nbvc

The river looks great. &apls &apls

Rayden

Nice work Cédric, I took the trouble of reading all the posts of VirtualEden, and I can tell you, you were already a star on 2005. I'm amazed with your work since and I just wish you could release some of your lots, but I understand if you say it would give you to much work. :thumbsup:

vester

I will the orange, if you don't mind !

Your pictures makes me want go kayaking !!! Just need to watch out for the rocks.

Jmouse

The river is incredible in its own right, so very realistic, but far be it from you to stop there, Cédric.

"Details," the artist mutters. "We'll put some of these over here, then some of those over there," he adds as he strokes the canvas with his many brushes. With layer upon layer upon layer, the painting grows and matures right before our disbelieving eyes.

Now we believe. We believe.

-Joan

Badsim

Will it be « Deliverance » (1972) from J. Boorman ,  ::)

or « A River Runs Through It » (1993)  from R.Redford ?  ::)

That is the question ... « simply AntigOne » is the answer . But I wanted to let you know how my inspirations are numerous and various  .These new props are from Vnaoned & Girafe ... These animals ( with Orange_o_ ) look at my updates and automatically send me what can be improved with HD props . On one side , that's very  flattering & exciting , on another side that's rather despairing to be so quickly & continuously outdated ! &Thk/(  No , please , just don't stop that flood as I'm so thirsty ...  ;D you , guys , are giants and I just pray to keep on be deserving your jewels , making of AntigOne their jewel case .  &apls &apls &apls

Arne , your new orange HD kayak is ready and , as you can see , you're in , waiting for ... and I will take care very soon to place you in a very perilous (so , exciting ) situation !  ;D (The link you sent me doesn't work ...  $%#Ninj2 )

Joan , thank you for these kind and apt words , once more ... did I tell you that I intented to surpise you by using there your own home ( Ratcliff70 version ) but , alas , it's really too much underscaled ... do you have still the Model , would it possible to re-render it ?

Silvio , so great to have you there again . :)  Well , about my Lots ; I must be nearing 2000 custom Lots since 2004 ... I could spend the rest of my life to Mod them more properly , list dependencies & package them ... the day I will decide to stop , I'll send them all to BSC !  ;D  ... and Barbara will have an heart attack ... just a joke . $%Grinno$%  Without Jeroni & Simtropia , without Barbara and her help & support , I wouldn't be here today .

Back at work ...  ;)

Cédric.

turtle

Hi Cédric,
Wow, it's amazing what you accomplished with Davids river! It looks very realistic in this fantastic setting  &apls

Regarding wide curves for the SAM you should take a look in the NAM Rural Roads Plugin. It may have some of the pieces you need  :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work
Thomas
My name is Thomas...

Rayden

If you ever think about releasing some of them, I wouldn't mind to take that weight from you and Barbara. I could do the modding, dependency listings and packaging. Let me know something when you want, and keep up your good job, you're definitely better doing those fantastic scenes for us than spending your time on modding stuff for others. ;D

vester

Send you a mail on your messenger mail.

Framly

Ohhh man..fantastic work! I am a bit jealous of your water. I am looking for so long for a realistic plopable water solution! I'm so tired of PEG, JRJ and Sorchins Water..

You inspire me every time i visit your fantastic MD

:thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

art128

Excellent attention to detail at the river, Cédric !  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog