• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Oh Girafe,

That is ban news! I hope you will find something good quickly, but I am afraid I cannot help you from here.
The model of the ship is great. A bit white, but you know that already for sure.
The scenes would become even better with this kind of detailed ships.

Badsim

Quote from: Girafe on October 16, 2012, 02:29:34 PM

I have no motivation, I will lost my job in few days  ()sad() but something which was in the pipe:

Hello Antoine !

Like Frank said , my first reaction has been to be really excited by that model !  &hlp Well , my excitement has been quickly toned down by the bad news about your job ... my friend , I wish you the best ! :)

About the barge model : not finished but already a jewel , not surprising from a such talented guy like you , how could I thank you enough for the devoted time ( you should work for E.A games , next Simcity for example , and sell us your work through DLC(s) ! ! !   :D $%Grinno$% ) ? I don't know ... I just hope to keep you motivated for the benefit of the whole community !  &apls &apls &apls

Other replies ( thank you all for your comments ) will come with the full update , but I join an overview as teaser pic of « Château de Gissey » :

... not finished , still some  works to do with MMPs , but the LotEditing is over  . The paths of the parc look a bit too wide for my taste but I'm limited by available overlays  ::)  ... I could make my own textures as I already made some by the past , but , frankly , the time put in this is already insane ! Air balloons : the  blue one is from Vnaoned , the one in the middle is coming from a japanese creator ( years ago , so I don't remember ... ) and the third one is from SC4 ... I'm going to MOD their timing to get them in summer only . There's also an invisible LOT with a SC4 prop named « Effect_HotAirBalloonFlight » like for the hang-gliders , but , unfortunately , it doesn't seem to work ( or maybe does it needs a a particular event to appear ?  ()what()) ...

Later .

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Badsim

And two other teaser pics ...  ;D

The pond has been re-done ( I reworked that LOT about 12 times since the previous teaser , untill I was satisfied ... ) , I created 2 new MMPs , fully seasonal , one with Simgoober's Hydrangeas , the other one with Simgoober's Wild Flowers . All models have been resized with SC4ModelTweaker with various factors of reduction . The air ballons haven't been removed but timed to appear only during Easter ( from the 15 of April to the 15 of May ) , just like the crowd around the air balloon which now takes off from the lawn ... props Amill_SmallEaster / Amill_smallmediumEaster / Amill_mediumEaster / Amill_largeEaster , found in BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol02 . Various seasons , various events , It's gonna be a lot of pictures to take  ...  :P

Later.

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

noahclem

That pond is just perfect  &apls  The teaser pictures and the whole manor area are very well done and a reminder of the great talent and unique style you show us in AntigOne. It's a shame that all those re-sized models can't be shared--have you ever asked any of the original creators for permission to redistribute their reworked models? And I'm with you wishing the best for Antoine and for his new project.

Great work again  :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

That pond is insane! Picture-perfect.

Cheers
Willy

art128

Oooh! Very nice castle Cédric! I like it even though I am no fan of french gardens.

The settings of the castle reminded me of a friend's castle I went in once, in Barsac. A Nice old [and full of spiders] castle surrounded by a wild field ( grass and trees, a swimming pool) and farm lands on the outsides (vines)..

Oh and, I want to see more railways! :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Very nice scenery!  &apls

Though the path texture appears a bit strange; up close it looks like gravel, while from a distance it looks like tiles. Or maybe that's just me nitpicking.  ::)

Also thanks for your kind words and you're right, despite it's name a tree controller is not for the control freaks amongst us.  :D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Jmouse

I have always admired your farm scenes, Cédric, and the newest ones are no exception. It looks like Gissey is going to be yet another beauty spot on the face of AntigOne's Project, not surprising given your exceptional talents. Every time you open the game, something beautiful pops out!

The Château de Gissey is a stunning example of symmetry with a few "off-center" surprises thrown in. The hot-air balloons are a nice touch, and the landscaping is lovely. The first teaser photo posted today could do with a bit more color, but I guess that notion came from seeing those colorful balloons.

I think the thing that amazes me the most is the fact that all or most of the elements in your photos are available to every player. You just use them in a very creative and original way which is definitely not available to the rest of us! :)

-Joan

FrankU

Quote from: noahclem on October 19, 2012, 07:20:17 AM
That pond is just perfect  &apls  The teaser pictures and the whole manor area are very well done and a reminder of the great talent and unique style you show us in AntigOne. It's a shame that all those re-sized models can't be shared--have you ever asked any of the original creators for permission to redistribute their reworked models? And I'm with you wishing the best for Antoine and for his new project.

Great work again  :thumbsup:

Oh, but in principle it is possible to share them.
It depends on the way you make the resized models.

I did it for some of my farms. I copied the S3D files of the model I wanted to resize into a new *.dat file. Then I changed the IID's and edited the new S3D's with Model Tweaker. The now resized "model" is only useable when the original model is in the plugins. So the copyrights are maintained and everybody can use the resized models. So....

benedict

A big retro-active congratulations - your MD was number one on NOvember 24, 2011.

Brought to you by the BTT: Time Machine.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Badsim

Hi ,

As you can see and unfortunately , I'm a lot less regular than I expected . Have had to decline an offer to participate actively to SC4Devotion's birthday celebration , well ; that's life ! I hope to be more active in December ( not sure ... ) .

Just another teaser pic to show that I'm working slowly but surely . Currently working at landscaping the stream crossing Gissey , while the Castle & parc  and the first farm are finished : tens of models resized ( almost everything , in fact ...) , 7 new MMPs created , various props timed to appear in July only ( the picture has been taken in July , during the celebration of the french revolution on the 14th of july ) and , finally ,  I have been successful to extract the « HotAirBalloonFlight » effect from simcity_1.dat and to change its MODding so now It works in game , just like Hang-gliders ( in duet ) , flying and taking a walk through the landscape with a slow rotation on themselves and a nice gas jet animation and sound ... I'll probably share this LOT , once I'll have understood how to change properly the IDD's of that effect ( I didn't read it all so far ... )

Happy B-day SC4Devotion ! Congratulations to the staff and all participants . ;)

Cédric .

Swordmaster

Wow, this scene is getting better and better. Hope you get some more time for yourself soon. Take care.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Excellent update on this area! I'm very interested in your work with the hot air balloons. It would be great to see a video of what you've accomplished so far and I'd love to see that lot released!

Badsim

Quote from: noahclem on November 11, 2012, 06:37:58 AM
Excellent update on this area! I'm very interested in your work with the hot air balloons. It would be great to see a video of what you've accomplished so far and I'd love to see that lot released!

You can download the zip file of my Hang-gliders and Hot Air Balloons LOTs attached at the end of that post .

Unzip the « Badsim » folder in your Plugins . Both can be found in the Park&Recreation menu with the following icons :

Bs Hang-gliders .
Bs Hot Air Balloons .

Both have no Base Texture to fit with your landscape but I've added a MAXIS light rock prop so you can find them easily if you want to  destroy them . No cost to plop , to destroy , no monthly cost , no road access and no power required . I've changed the Instance of the Effect_HotAirBalloonFlight ( can be found under LotEdditor as Effect_HotAirBalloonFlight_Bs ) so there's no risk of prop pox if you save your city with that LOT but , if Hang-gliders are a permanent animation , Air Balloons works otherwise ; the animation lasts about 1mn30s and when dissipated , they never re-appear so you'll have to re-plop the LOT to get them again ( and so I would recommend you to destroy the Air Balloon LOT(s) before to save and quit your city tile ...

Have fun , that's a lovely animation ! ;)

Cédric.

FrankU

Hi Cédric,

Good work and a perfect lot!

But.... A question. In the first moment I thought you had laid your hands on the not yet publicly available Nexis modern farm barns models, but after a second look I see that the barn in the farm behind the Chateau is not by Nexis. Can you tell me where I find it? It looks very good!

Frank

Girafe

Amazing picture my guinea fowl. Hope all is fine for you and you will come back asap  ::)

ps: I will put vines in the dropbox, I am not 100% satisfied with them, but maybe you will find an use or recommendations to upgrade them
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Badsim

Quote from: FrankU on November 12, 2012, 03:04:33 AM
Hi Cédric,

Good work and a perfect lot!

But.... A question. In the first moment I thought you had laid your hands on the not yet publicly available Nexis modern farm barns models, but after a second look I see that the barn in the farm behind the Chateau is not by Nexis. Can you tell me where I find it? It looks very good!

Frank

FrankU
: This is a warehouse from jestarr ( jes_WaterfrontWarehouse_Single- - - Warehouse from BSC Mega Props JES Vol.06 ) , so that's not its devoted use , as you can see ... Having planned to work on several other farms , you can guess how eagerly I'm waiting for the release of Fred's farming props pack ! I know you're working hard to release a farms set ... I would suggest you a more simple LotEditing so everyone could personalize them with the multitude of MMPs now available , that's what I did with that farm , here the LOT before MMPing :

And after :

I intend to upload a new batch of MMPs ( with the VIP seal and from other creators ... ) .This is the future of SC4 , if SC4 has any future ... In any case ( if you decide to follow or not that suggestion ... ) , may I request that you or Fred take care to shut down all coming props Occupant Sizes to 2,2,2 so we can use MMPs as close to them than possible . I'm wasting a lot of time to do that boring task everytime I start something new .  $%Grinno$% Thanks a lot for your attention and implication there ! :thumbsup:

Antoine ; I've had a first look at your vines ... that's hard to complain as they're the best ever made like all your flora items , but yes , I've a few suggestions . Rendez-vous tomorrow evening at VIP site to discuss about that ( and many other things ) . ::)

Cédric.

Girafe

great pic,

I will be there, send me a message I will connect  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

FrankU

Hi Cédric,

Ah, yes.... The barn. I could have known. I did consider to use it in my farms, but it would put another dependency to the enormous list. And it would be almost the only prop from that set, so I decided not to use it.

Your suggestion to make "empty" lots is an interesting one. Everybody can make their own version of a farm provided by me. On the other hand: not everybody wants to or is able to put as much time in lotting and playing as you do. And hardly anybody has the same amount of talent as you have. So I fear a lot of people will not be happy with the empty farms. And another thing: it would take a lot of fun out of my job.... I like to do the detailling of the lots.

But... I could consider to release the farms set in two versions: my originals full of details and a set without details. The player can choose which one to install.
It won't be too much work. It's just a matter of first lotting everything like I want it. Then store the set in a safe place. Then take a copy of the set, open all farm lots, delete all small props and put this set in another subfolder. Maybe two hours of work. It's doable.

I'll think about it.  :-\

And it would be a pleasure to use all the beautiful VIP and TSC farm props, machinery, cattle etc (instead of the well known Simgoober, MJB etc stuff), but it would force me to do everything all over again. Sorry, but I dont feel like that. It's just too much. But that is another reason to consider your suggestion.

Frank

Swordmaster

That's a great technique, Cédric. Thanks for sharing! The downside is that I'd have to make a lot more MMPs from props, but I guess that's a good investment.

Cheers
Willy