• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nullabor County - between city and countryside

Started by ManuelR, November 19, 2007, 10:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManuelR

Welcome visitor

This is my first MD here on SD. I showed my region on simforum.de before.
But now you have the pleasure to see "Nullabor County" too. ;)
How the subject says "Nullabor County" is a county with many different aspects.
In the west you have the ocean and in the east you can find big snowy mountains.
Near the ocean and the rivers you'll find "Nullabor City" and its suburbs.
The longer you go eastwards the more nature and agriculture you'll find.
Logically the region isn't finished yet. I've only developed a half or so up to now.
Notice: I don't cheat at all and I do not plopp the buildings!

But now enough talking here is an actual region shot.
Actually there are about 300.000 citizens in the county.

So and now you want to see some close up pictures hmm. :P
I think I should begin with the downtown.

First an overview

Some pictures with skyscrappers  ;D (all grown!)(omg imageshack is very slow today....)

Trainstation with the fantastic train from Kenworth.

University a bit outside

[/URL]

Some random pictures  :D

Have a nice day

Manuel

NASCAR_Guy

I'm first pwrson to make a comment on this wonderfull MD :P
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

ObladiOblada

you pics are awesome  but i think that it is very strange to build an nuclear power plant next to the university

jeronij

Quote from: NASCAR_Guy on November 19, 2007, 11:06:53 AM
I'm first pwrson to make a comment on this wonderfull MD :P

Lets all recall the rules:
QuoteSC4D does not allow inappropriate member conduct on the forums. This includes, but is not limited to: posting spam, posting hostile comments, "flaming" of any sort, posting simply to increase post count, and so on. So, expect in advance that such content will be noticed quickly and then dealt with severely.

NASCAR_Guy,  your post is very close to the rule's limit, if not inside. What do you think of the pictures that Manuel posted ?¿. Did you ever look at them?¿. This is not the expected behavior of our members.

Manuel, welcome to SC4D and thanks for sharing your MD here as well  :thumbsup: . I hope to see it healthly growing  ;)

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

keyboardconfessional

Really excellent work...that you grew that downtown is just amazing to me. Some great NDEX BATs being used as well, in very fitting places (e.g. the condos) However, my friend, I do have two words for you concerning your rural areas: BSC FARMS!!  :D Keep up the great work, I'll be back for sure. :)

-Jamie
Visit my MD - RIVER'S END.

dedgren

Ahhhh- a big city guy.  We need more big city guys.

Nice start.  Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

DFire870

Quote from: ObladiOblada on November 19, 2007, 12:20:05 PM
you pics are awesome  but i think that it is very strange to build an nuclear power plant next to the university

I think he put a nuclear power plant next to the university since many large universities have nuclear research facilities, and using the plant is the closest thing to that kind of building. At least I think that's what he was trying to do.

Anyways, great start! I'm amazed that the downtown is all grown, I don't have the patience for something like that. I also love the region view, you did a great job with the transition from downtown to mid-density to suburban sprawl to farms.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

figui

wow Manuel, nice pics! :thumbsup:
you have a great region to develop, i like the variety it offers. btw, the actual region view is very realistic (at least where it is developed)
the rural area looks great so far, i expect to see some closeups of it. i can see some towns within the farms, thats a great touch of realism in te region (i'd said that yet :P)
and the downtown looks great!

till next time,
mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

bat

That's a great first update there, ManuelR! Also fantastic pictures of the downtown! Beautiful city! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more...

ManuelR

Update 2

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!

Today I'll show you some pictures from a suburb. It's a bit south from the downtown and has about 40.000 inhabitants.
I don't know what to say else, lets just show you my pictures... :P

Have a nice day

Manuel

Adept2Rock

So good man'!!It's very realistic!!!I like your Update2!!You speak french?
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

ManuelR

@Adept2Rock: Thanks, I try to make it as real as possible in SC4. I can speak french a little bit, but not fluently. This weekend I have to learn french vocabulary for school. :D

figui

nice pics!
i esp like train going through suburban areas :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..

________

Adept2Rock

Quote from: ManuelR on November 24, 2007, 03:49:50 AM
@Adept2Rock: Thanks, I try to make it as real as possible in SC4. I can speak french a little bit, but not fluently. This weekend I have to learn french vocabulary for school. :D

So easy! $%Grinno$% :D
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

bat

Nullabor City is looking very good! Wonderful pictures of the railways! :thumbsup:

ManuelR

Update 3

Yes, here is the second part of the suburb with the european houses.
I haven't to say really much so enjoy the pictures. ;)

overview(my favourite picture)

Ah, I wish I would have such a park near to my house :D

Malls near to the avenue.

A part of the port with some containerships. Nothing really special...

Again the european estate :) You should know that europeans are really soccer-addicted. (Americans won't understand it :P)

On weekend the people go to the beach or sail around with their boats. :)

Have a nice day

Manuel

bribri

bigberta

Those last few pictures are really good.
Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

bat

Great update 3 and wonderful new pictures of the suburb.

figui

nice update  :thumbsup:
i esp like the last picture.

You should know that europeans are really soccer-addicted.
and south americans too ()stsfd()

mauricio.

________